Chapter 4
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Joshua looks at his new identification that shows he is a C-rank Blessed One. After testing his new power, the examiner decided to place him in the C-rank because of how powerful his new power is. It was the highest rank that can be given to a beginner.

While Joshua and his family walk away from the Test Chamber, the people inside the test chamber have their own conversation and their topic for today? Joshua.

"It looks like Indonesia finally got ourselves an A-ranker."

"Oh? Do you think he will reach that stage? A rank is not something that many people can reach. Indonesia is a big country, but we did not have any official A-rank. They cannot pass the test given to them by the Blessed International Council."

"I know, but Joshua is a monster. If you look closely, he is not going all-out. I have a feeling that I did not want to know what kind of result we would get if he got all-out. That control over ice alone can make him a B-ranker easily, and that is the highest level our country currently has."

"I know, but the way you said it, it was as if he would be the first one to reach A-rank. Bagdadi will take another test this year, and I feel he will be the first person to reach the A-rank stage from Indonesia. He is a veteran from the day of the Purge after all."

"Hmmm, maybe you are right. I guess I'm too fast to reach a conclusion. However, I still believe that he will reach A-rank if he does not get too cocky."

"Ah, yeah. The youth. Too many young Blessed One died inside the Tower thinking that they are so powerful they can walk through the Tower without preparation."

"Yeah. I hope this one was not too reckless and thought before he acted."

After one hour of bus ride, Joshua and his family arrive inside their home. When he gets back home, Joshua takes a card he got from the examiner from the Test chamber.

"Mom, here is the card I got after signing a contract with the government."

"Contract?! What kind of contract do you sign off? Have you read all of the contracts?!"

"Yes, mom, I did. This contract is a contract given to all Blessed One when they register. It said that I need to collect and give three kilos of Energy Core to the government every month for two years for half the price. In exchange, they will give us Three hundred million rupiahs and a training facility for me to train. It is a rip-off as one kilo Energy Core is worth fifteen million rupiahs."

"Wait… that means you need to give them something worth more than one billion rupiahs?!"

"Yup. However, it was worth it. Not only do they provide training facilities, but they also give me beginner equipment that will arrive tomorrow. Not only that, as long as I fulfill my quota, they will not ask for my other share of Energy Core."

"I see. I think you made a good decision, son. Never about money. Always think about your safety first. Always remember that."

"I know, mom. I'm not a reckless person."

"Good. So, what should we do with this money?"

"Hmmm, what about buying a house? I hear from the neighborhood that someone is selling their house at a low price. They need the money for their son who wants to test his luck as a blessed one in China."

"Ah, I know them. Siti told me that her son wants to try his luck in China and needs some money to do it. I don't know if she is willing to sell their house to do it."

"If you can contact them and ask for the price, that would be good, mom."

"Sure."

Joshua spends the rest of the day with his family before he finally gets into the Tower.

~The next day~

Joshua looks at the massive Tower in front of him and releases a deep breath. The Tower is around five meters tall, and it has a diameter of seventy meters. It was a massive tower. This Tower is a C-rank tower that only a group of D-rank can enter or a solo C-ranker.

The first and up to the tenth floor will be filled with Kobold. A humanoid being with a head of a fox. They are a fast Infernal Beast that hunts in packs. Their number is their greatest strength as they did not have exceptional defense and attack ability.

The eleventh to twentieth floor will be filled with Slime. A jelly-like creature that can melt flesh and bones. Their greatest strength is that they cannot be killed with physical means. They can only be killed with magical methods. However, this can be overcome by using a magical item that has magic in it to kill the Slime. They are rather weak to magic. This floor is a perfect place to increase the magician's power.

There is another floor, but that info is still not being published as the mini-boss has yet to be defeated. The only people allowed to enter the twenty-first floor would be the people that reach C-rank.

"Halt! Show me your ID!"

Joshua snaps from his thoughts when the guard stops him from entering the Tower. Everyone who wants to enter the Tower needs to show their ID before they can enter. The government did not want people that thought themselves strong enough to enter and die because of their folly.

"Here you go."

"Joshua Hamil… C-rank?! You can enter, sir!"

"Please call me Joshua. Sir is too much."

After taking back his ID, Joshua gets inside the dungeon, and immediately he can see the difference between the Tower and the outside world. While the tower diameter is about seventy meters long, what looks like the inside is different. It was as if he was teleported into another world.

|Welcome to the Tower! Happy hunting and Good Luck!|

 

Thank you for reading! If you want to support me and read more chapters please visit my P@treon!

[email protected]/Ryusenka

0