Chapter 5
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Welcome to the Tower! Happy hunting and Good Luck!|

Joshua looks at the words above him and nods his head. He takes out his sword and slowly walks deeper into the Tower. He already bought a map from the Tower Hunting Guild; they are the government-made guild that sells weapons, armor, and other support items like maps and potions.

While following the map, Joshua feels a group of people marches toward him at high speed. Joshua takes a defensive stance and gets ready for the incoming Infernal Beast. When he sees a dozen Kobolds charging in front of him, Joshua raises his sword and then swings his sword to kill one of the Kobolds.

Joshua did not stop there. He continued to move his body to block, swing, and dodge. This is the lesson he learned when he fought against Persephone. Never let your body stop moving. If you stop your body, the enemy will use that weakness and kill you.

With him being a Godslayer, he can see all the incoming attacks as if seeing a slow-moving object. Not unlike when he fought against Persephone, where his body couldn't react to his mind command on the first try, this time, his body moved immediately.

While his swordsmanship is full of flaws and holes, his instinct and physical ability compensate for it.

In a matter of five minutes, Joshua killed twenty-one Kobolds that came at him with only a beginner's sword given by the government. This feat is not without a spectator. A group of people that just get inside the Tower watch him killing all the Kobolds with ease.

"Woah! That man is really powerful. More than a dozen Kobolds surround him, but not a single one of them is able to hit him."

"I know. I wonder which rank he is currently in? I never see him around here."

"I think he is a High D-rank or maybe a C-rank."

While the other group was watching and praising Joshua for killing all the Kobolds, one young woman watching from the sideline frowned at his performance. This young woman is Sartika, the rising star sword user coming from Medan city. She comes to Jakarta to hunt in this Tower because the Tower in Medan has been conquered, and she needs something bigger to increase her power.

She is frowning at Joshua's swordplay because his swordplay is nothing but a massive flaw. It cannot even be called swordplay as he only swings his sword around. What makes him look like an expert in the instinct that lets him know where an attack is coming from and have enough speed to react to it.

"Tch. That is nothing. He did not have technique."

Sartika, who is a High D-rank Blessed One with a power called the Iron Body (changes her entire body into steel, including her organ), decides to get away from Joshua who is collecting all the cores inside the Infernal Beast.

She will prove that she is superior to the others when she hunts more Infernal Beasts than Joshua. She thought that just because she was a rising star from another city, she would become the same thing when she arrived in a big city like Jakarta.

Joshua puts away his sword and starts to walk toward the stairs where he can get up to the second floor. Unlike his first encounter, the biggest group of kobolds coming toward him is five Kobolds.

The first group of Kobolds that he fights is what people call the Irregular. It was when the Tower spawned a large number of Infernal Beasts on the first floor.

~Fifteen minutes later~

It takes Joshua fifteen minutes to arrive on the second floor, and immediately, he can see the difference between the first and second floors. At least a hundred people are hunting on this floor.

He can see a group of seven people fighting against a dozen Kobolds, and they are winning by the look of it. However, they did not come unscathed like him. Joshua decides to ignore all the people and continues to walk toward the floor he wants, the ninth floor.

~Two hours later~

It takes him two hours to arrive on the ninth floor, and he has already collected two kilos worth of Energy Cores from hunting the Kobolds that are charging at him. The reason why he decided to go to ninth place? He wants to get to the mini-boss room.

The tenth floor is where the mini-boss is located and can only be summoned by collecting a special token dropped by the Kobold Magician on the ninth floor. There are four types of kobolds: Warrior, Archer, Knight, and Magician.

Each of them has different powers, but the magician is the most powerful. They can attack you from afar and enchant their body using their magic to run away from you if you get close enough. Their magic shield is also strong enough to block a powerful attack.

This floor is even more dangerous than the floor from before. This floor has more than ten thousand kobolds that are ready to kill you, and the area is big enough to contain them all. Usually, a blessed one will do a lure-and-strike kind of tactic. However, Joshua has a different tactic in mind.

Joshua already read about the behavior of Kobolds and their culture. They are an Infernal Beast that always charges at people that provoke them. There are several ways to provoke them, and one of them is by releasing a massive amount of magic for a second.

This is a declaration of war to the Kobolds.

And true to the books, Joshua can hear a massive war cry across the ninth floor. A dozen or so people inside this floor blink in confusion for a second before they connect the dot. Someone decided to declare war against the Kobolds.

They quickly follow the horde of Kobolds from behind and see a young man standing in the middle of a tower surrounded by thousands of Kobolds. Instead of being nervous, Joshua has a smirk on his face.

With a smirk on his face, Joshua decides to activate his authority.

"Witness my greatness! Come! Come to me, my crown! The crown of the underworld! Your Prince calls on your power!"

 

Thank you for reading! If you want to support me and read more chapters please visit my P@treon!

[email protected]/Ryusenka

0