Ch.17 The Surprise of The Human Race
7.9k 13 255
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eridel watched as the dragons began to expand their territory.

 

When they realized that they were no longer dying, they decided to have more fun. They no longer needed to huddle together to survive.

 

And as expected, they quickly conquered the surrounding areas, claiming a large territory.

 

But unfortunately, they seemed to have discovered a desire to destroy. They would purposefully wreck the area when fighting, not caring about the resources in the area and causing the landscape to turn rather ugly.

 

Eridel could deduce that this was a side-effect of absorbing the Laws of Destruction when they didn’t have a strong enough mind to reject the instincts of those Laws.

 

‘Sigh… I can only hope they grow out of these habits when they evolve more and gain a greater intelligence.’

 

Eridel was disappointed with their actions. He could predict that things would be worse than the snake clan here and they were certain to be more tyrannical.

 

Currently, the Humans were doing pretty well over in this Forest but that probably wouldn’t last much longer.

 

However, the humans had also evolved, developing a Mana Core in the center of their chest and Mana Circuits that ran through their entire body, gaining the ability to cultivate.

 

This was a turning point for the humans, something that was not supposed to happen for millions of years - was already happening.

 

But unfortunately for them, while they were able to gain a memory inheritance of basic mana maneuvering, courtesy of Eridel, they had no other cultivation techniques, a fatal weakness for the Humans.

 

Eridel couldn’t even help them with that even if he wanted to, and he didn’t want to. This was because none of his own memory inheritances covered any type of cultivation technique to speak of. He just got Primordial Essence for free.

 

So the Humans will have to trial and error, or... steal from a foreign World.

 

But the Human race wasn’t completely useless, in fact, some of them had greatly surprised Eridel.

 

First were the Humans in the Central Eastern Forest, the most dangerous place in the World with the lowest Human survival rate. At the moment, there were only 2000 Humans left there.

 

It seemed that it was certain that they would face extinction without resistance.

 

But something changed.

 

The magical outburst arrived and they evolved like everyone else. But unlike the other Humans, they didn’t gain Mana Cores or Mana Circuits.

 

Instead they gained bulking muscles filled with immense strength and vitality, they grew to a collective average height of 2.5 metres tall and the blood that flowed through their veins seemed to boil with some kind of essence.

 

It was magical energy.

 

Instead of them gaining mana circuits. Their own blood became the hosts of their magical energy. This was even more primal than the beasts that had gained beast cores.

 

Ever since this evolution, they had become much, much more ferocious. They were no longer foraging for fruits like rabbits but viciously charging at others with the intent to kill and devour.

 

They seemed to have learned from their previous tormentors, the Wolves and started to team up against their enemies, becoming war-like in nature and undaunting in front of adversity.

 

They had clearly become barbarians.

 

These barbarians were incredibly strong and only got stronger when they ate the meat of their prey, especially when that meat was saturated with magical energy.

 

This evolution was a result of their leader.

 

A leader that only had hatred and brutality in his mind. He hated that his people were always hunted, he hated that while his tormentors could always eat the meat of his people, he could only eat the plants in the surroundings like the other prey. He hated that he could not feast on his enemies as they feasted on his people. He hated that he was weak. He hated and hated and hated.

 

So when the magical outburst came around, his evolution was influenced by the thoughts that plagued his mind 24/7.

 

And the thing about evolutions is that if you were the uncontested leader or the alpha of a group, had a heart to heart connection with them and they followed you unconditionally, their evolutions would be influenced by yours without failure.

 

This brung about the beginning of the Barbarian Race

 

Currently, these ferocious Barbarians were in a war with the Nightmare wolves, the evolved race of the Wolves that had previously terrorized them.

 

Eridel watched as they crudely battered at them with their giant fists. It couldn’t be helped, they had no martial skill to speak of.

 

But it didn’t seem to matter, the Nightmare Wolves special ability to induce fear on their enemies was redundant on the barbarians that had only the thought of killing on their mind.

 

Eridel turned his attention to another group of humans that had caught his attention.

 

This was the group in the Southern Plains of the Eastern Continent.

 

Here, an extremely intelligent human was born.

 

Eridel actually remembered this girl. Her intelligence was actually somewhat of an accident. Have you ever been so bored and done something crazy for fun knowing you could delete it or get rid of it later?

 

Well, Eridel didn’t get rid of it.

 

Deciding to test what would happen if he gave a human an extremely high intelligence to the point that it made AI look dumb.

 

But the result was disappointing, other than a higher curiosity and cautiousness than her peers, she didn’t do much. So Eridel lost interest.

 

Somewhat of a mistake.

 

2 weeks after her birth. This Woman had come to a conclusion.

 

‘I am the supreme one!’ is what could be interpreted from her thoughts.

 

She could tell that everyone else apart from her was just too… Lowly. They couldn’t compare to her at all. She had to give them the answers to everything.

 

From then on, she began to show ‘shocking’ miracles to her fellow humans, rallying them under one banner. Even if it was tedious, she didn’t stop helping out her peers.

 

‘Although they are stupid, they are my people’ is what could be interpreted from her thoughts.

 

1 month after her birth. She had come to a conclusion.

 

‘My race is the supreme race!’

 

The woman had seen the other species. And only one thought came to her mind when she thought of them, whether they were weak or strong.

 

‘Dumb, dumb, DUUUUUUMB! SO DUMB!’

255