Ch.38 Divine Demon Physique
5.9k 10 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Southern Continent, at the very center of the Central Forest]

 

Sitting on top a large boulder was a creature that looked like a 4 armed, grey-skinned ogre. It was 3 metres tall, extremely muscular and had 2 tusks reaching out from its mouth. It also had long black hair, pointed ears and abyssal black eyes. Last but not least were the jagged black horns on the sides of his head.

 

This was Asura; chief of the [Savage Earthen Ogre Tribe] and a rank 9 Intermediate Monster. A strength that far surpassed both the Queen of the Elves and the Queen of the High Humans. 

 

The Savage Earthen Ogre Tribe was a clan of Ogres that had mutated when the Magical Outburst had arrived. They used to be like every other Ogre with the regular characteristics of: Muscular, 2 metres tall, green skin, pointed ears and sharp tusks.

 

But the Savage Earthen Ogre Tribe was clearly different with their height that averaged 2.5 metres tall, their grey skin and their perfect affinity with the Earth Element.

 

Given the fact that Asura has a name, it was obvious that he was either someone Eridel had tampered with or someone Eridel had acknowledged before his seclusion. Actually his story was quite interesting.

 

The truth was that this Tribe was actually quite special considering the fact that they had 3 people that Eridel had blessed in here. Asura, Babunda and their Chief; Krysos. Eridel had constructed a Mutated Earth Grade Physique that was tailored for Monsters and bestowed it to them and a few others.

 

A Physique is the genetic makeup of the physical body but when people speak of the term ‘Physique’ in a World of Cultivation they are normally talking about a special body that was bestowed by Fate and sometimes came with powers. Physiques could be split into 5 grades: Mortal, Earth, Heaven, Ageless and Void.

 

Mortal Grade was what everyone else currently had and it could also be considered nothing, but people from High Worlds would call it talentless while people from Law Worlds would call it trash. As for the people above? They would look at you with pity, as if you were a cripple that lacked all your limbs.

 

They had absolutely ZERO innate talent.

 

But don’t let the term ‘innate talent’ confuse you. When it came to Physiques, innate talent was something like a guarantee. For example, someone with an Earth Grade Physique was guaranteed to make it to the 4th Realm of Cultivation with no bottlenecks and as long as you didn’t suffer extensive damage then you would make it. There would never be a need to worry about stabilizing your cultivation because it was permanently stable before the 4th Realm. After that would be your own hard work.

 

On top of that, if you somehow decided that you wanted to enter cultivation when you were already an old man, as long as you didn’t die you would still make it to the 4th realm eventually. Unlike other old men who were barred from cultivation completely.

 

Heaven Grade guaranteed the 7th Realm

 

Ageless Grade guaranteed the 9th Realm

 

Void Grade guaranteed the ???

 

So no, having zero ‘innate talent’ didn’t mean you wouldn’t make it to the top, it just meant that you would have to work many times harder than people who had ‘innate talent’ on top of having to face bottlenecks.

 

As for Asura and the others? They had Mutated Earth Grade Physiques. And don’t you dare let the term ‘Mutated’ fly over your head. A mutated Physique was one that could upgrade to the next level if you met the requirements.

 

This was something extremely rare to see but even harder to accomplish. Most people didn’t even know if they had Mutated Physiques and even if they did, how could they know the requirements? Was their own body supposed to instruct them? As a result, unless you had someone akin to a seer, you would need extreme luck to find and consume the needed ingredients.

 

That being said, a System aka ‘the best guide in existence’ would soon bless this World’s residents, unless they were retarded they would never be lost.

 

Sometimes a Physique comes with extra powers, traits or perks. For example the Physique that Asura and a few other Monsters had named the Divine Demon Physique; This Physique granted them the following:

 

1) Divine IQ: Above mortal intelligence from birth.

 

2) Divine Monster: Purifying Killing Essence when you absorb it.

 

3) Divine Presence: Everyone facing you would feel like you were an existence that came from above. Monsters would especially revere you and enemies will instinctively fear you causing them to be unable to fight against you with their full power.

 

4) Divine Ruler: All those that follow you will be influenced by your thoughts and decisions. If you want to be a good ruler you will have good subordinates, if you want to be an evil ruler you will have evil subordinates.

 

5) Divine Demon: The stronger you are the more attractive you become. You obtain 2 curved horns on the sides of your head that are extremely attractive to monsters of the opposite gender and intimidating to those of the same gender.

 

The horns will always be on the side of your head and will always curl upwards but the design of those horns will match your personality. As a result, if you experience any grand changes in personality, so will your horns.

 

You will also obtain personalised Killing Essence, no longer will your Killing Essence and Killing Intent be red in colour like other Monsters unless red is your personal favourite colour.

 

6) Divine Damnation: Shoot a condensed beam of Pure Killing Essence. 

 

7) Free from Fate: ??? 

 

As you can see, the Divine Demon Physique only had one attack ability but had many perks/traits. Physique powers are generally balanced out like this but it should also be mentioned the Divine Demon Physique was extremely powerful for its Earth Grade, it is definitely amongst the best of it’s kind.

 

Asura, Babunda and Krysos all had this Physique.

 

But as Eridel willed it... Only 1 was meant to remain.

155