Ch.140 Anomaly Transformation and Void Energy
2.7k 7 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In one moment, Eridel had been standing peacefully with a dauntless demeanour that inspired respect, but in the next, he had burst into a tsunami of golden light!

 

It was an extremely mesmerising and glorious sight that surpassed the northern lights in beauty, however, the domineering aura that it let out was more than enough to make any possible onlooker run far, far away. The golden lights danced above the gaseous planet for a moment before surging downwards and straight into the planet's core.

 

The planet immediately began to tremble as the foreign energy of the likes that it had never felt before forcefully invaded its system. It instinctively made manoeuvres to reject the energy but it was futile. Magical Energy was not something that it had the ability to resist. Only entities who were capable of manipulating Magic were given the rights to attempt such a thing.

 

Nevertheless, the planet was naturally unaware of this and kept up its useless resistance, relentlessly trying to reject the energy. However, it soon began to feel unnatural changes within itself. It’s Core… seemed to be growing? Even the gases surrounding its core seemed to be mutating a little, they saturated themselves with the foreign invasive energy and used it to… to… to EVOLVE!

 

The planet immediately stopped its resistance and instead began to draw the energy within itself. To a planet, in the face of evolution all other matters become nonentities. In fact, even if an evolution would cause its destruction, a planet still would not hesitate to embrace it. Of course, things began to change when they obtained a Soul and learned of pros and cons, but even then, if there was no other option than a self-destructive evolution, then a planet would actually do it. Even Eridel, an ex-Human, had been a victim of this relentless desire once upon a time.

 

As the pink planet continued to absorb the Magical Energy, Eridel was floating high above it in the form of a small twinkling light.

 

This was the only form that he could take now that he had taken the ‘lifeblood’ of his Avatar and given 99% of it away. Now, he could only remain like this. He had no strength in this form and the only thing that it carried was his own consciousness. Not that he cared, he would have given the rest of the energy away if he could but that would have dispelled his avatar completely and destroyed this split soul that he left within. That too was not a problem, but he needed to remain here so that he could give instructions to the new Anomaly if it was a success.

 

‘This… is quite exciting.’

 

*5 Minutes Later*

 

Eridel had been using his spirit sense on the planet the entire and he had witnessed some minuscule yet interesting changes. However, things were about to go wrong. Eridel remembered that in each Anomaly transformation before this, all of them had personally absorbed copious amounts of ambient Magical Energy to complete the process. But where would the gaseous planet find the Eridius World’s magical energy up here? Eridel had thought that if he used an entire 99% of his Avatar to substitute the possible need for that 2nd absorption, he could overcome it. But he had been too naive. Or rather, he had been hopeful for an exception in an abnormal situation, only to be disappointed.

 

Eridel could see the planet making the motions to wildly absorb ambient Magical Energy, but it was futile. Magical Energy was something generated by planets and could never be found in open space. The only usable essence in space was… Void Energy.

 

Eridel paused.

 

‘Perhaps… No. What am I thinking? This planet isn’t even a Low World. It would never be able to manipulate Void Essence. That shit is just too heavy.’ Eridel thought with mild annoyance. In the past, Eridel had done his fair share of experiments with Void Energy but none of them resulted in anything spectacular, mostly because the amounts he had been able to manipulate were far too inadequate.

 

Void Energy was an omnipresent Energy that existed all over the universe, and normally, it was something that only Rank 7+ beings could use. Eridel was one evolution away from that boundary, however, the gaseous planet was just too far awa-

 

‘Hm? The system…’ Eridel detected the Eridius System’s suddenly appear within the gaseous Planet. It wasn’t too much of a surprise, with so much of Eridel’s Magical Energy flowing through its system it must have been recognised as a native. The only reason those girls back in the Sigothia World didn’t receive the same treatment was because despite the fact that they had received Eridel’s energy, at their core, their Mana was still attuned with their own world, and soon, Eridel’s energy would be completely assimilated. Unlike the gaseous World which for all intents and purposes was ‘pure’.

 

None of this was that much of a surprise, but what was a surprise was the miniscule amounts of Void Energy that began tracking towards the planet's core.

 

The twinkling light that was Eridel flashed for a moment in apparent surprise.

 

‘The system! Of course! I was unaware of how long it would take the System to enter a new entity since it hasn’t happened before and didn’t factor it into any possibilities, but if I had known that it would arrive even before the planet’s complete transformation, I wouldn’t have needed to worry too much.’

 

The System was built to assist its users and in times, especially during breakthroughs, evolutions or mutations, would take complete control of the essence for the user so that everything could be done to perfection. Now, the System had detected its new hosts' needs and was taking control of the gaseous planet's core to summon forth Void Energy in an attempt to complete the Anomaly transformation.

 

‘This is great!’ Eridel thought with elation. Although the Void Energy that was being pulled into the core was so miniscule that it resembled rain falling into a sea, Eridel wasn’t anxious about it at all. The conversion rate of Magical Energy to Void Energy was so stupendous that it was almost unbelievable, the gaseous planet had more than enough.

 

{𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡’𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Make no mistake. Void Energy is just super-duper Magical Energy, Eridel could also absorb such things if he wanted to and it is not exclusive. It is not an affinity and does not possess special properties that Magical Energy doesn’t have. I repeat. Void Energy is just like Magical Energy, but instead of being produced by a planetary core, it is being produced by whatever the universe calls its core.}

93