Chapter 17: Safe travel
697 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dropping Nuwa off, Magnus used his ability to travel to an instance of Earth in the second dimension. While he knew that he could travel o other three dimensional worlds, he did not. He was unsure whether there were beings that could pluck him out while he travel as he did to Nuwa.

Magnus watched the process of interdimensional travel with intrigue. It was like sliding down a slide only that the walls said the slide was flashing all the colours of the rainbow at random. He suspected that visible light was getting messed up by the energy being produced to hop dimensions.

Suddenly, he felt squished and squeezed. Magnus felt trapped and started flexing his body. An instant later he heard a very distinct crack. He opened his eyes that he had unknowingly closed. Seeing a regular city, he flexed some more. Then, he found that there was a crack. A crack in the dimension itself.

" Ah, shit..."

Immediately, he activated his ability and teleported away to another dimension. He did not want to test what happens when one gets sucked into the void that he had seen within the crack in reality. Once again, he moved along in the rainbow slide. Again, the squishing and squeezing started. This time Magnus made sure to keep his eyes open and moved his body slowly to ensure he didn't break this reality. He looked around, turning his head slowly to figure out where exactly on Earth he was. Then, he spotted the Petronas Twin Towers a telltale sign that he was in...

" Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia."

He felt that it was important to find out whether everything was the same as it was in his previous life. He could not really make a comparison with the Earth(s) that he had seen in his current life. Taking one step towards the iconic landmark of Malaysia, a large crack in the ground formed and started widening. Shocked, Magnus had stopped moving to observe what had happened. 2 seconds after he had taken the fateful step, the ground shook like there was an earthquake.

' No, it is an earthquake. Why is the second dimension so... fragile?'

16