Day 2 (Part II)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chiyo steps out of the shower with a tired sigh, stomach rumbling for the upteenth time that morning. She opens the wardrobe and finds that there are already plenty of dresses and heels inside. Though it is genuinely creepy that they know her exact sizes so well. Her hand brushes over a cute pastel blue and flowy off the shoulder dress. The sheer long sleeves float off her tiny arms beautifully, and the dress hugs her snugly on the top while it flows out like waves from the waist down. There are ruffled lace linings in just the right places that give the dress a cute and feminine feel. 

Chiyo skips down the hallway in her blue pumps, making a beeline for the restaurant where the meeting is arranged. An attendant opens the door for her and she walks in to find all the leaders already seated around the table. At the top of the round table is Kaito, who seems to only own black suits in his entire wardrobe. Though it is refreshing to find his hair slicked back this time. He holds up the glass of red wine when Chiyo enters the room. 

“Welcome, Ms. Muuri. We have been waiting for you.” 

Chiyo takes a seat at the empty chair near the end of the table. As she looks around, something different is of notice to her. Perhaps it is because everyone is dressed a bit more… formally than usual? 

Sitting next to Kaito on the right, is Natsumi, who compared to the sexy image from this morning, is wearing a fitting black suit complete with a ruby encrusted necklace around her neck. Her aura radiates power and prestige. Yousuke too definitely seems like a different person with his shirt buttoned up all the way. 

If anything, he actually appears kinder in this image.  

Kazai and Momo are still colourful as ever, wearing matching pink and green suits which perfectly encapsulates their personality. Chiyo turns to the left and almost stumbles out of her seat when she is met by a very handsome man in a dark blue suit that she sure as hell has never met before. Through the clear of his glasses, his eyes look like they’re also studying her with the same level of curiosity. 

Surprisingly, Akira is also wearing a suit today. Other than that, nothing seems out of place for him as he still looks very happy-go-lucky even in formal clothing. And finally, at the very end of the table sits Kiara and her attendant who also happens to be donning matching white outfits. 

How stylish… 

Something shiny reflects in Chiyo’s eyes, and she realises it’s the light bouncing off of Kiara’s diamond earrings. 

…ly boujee 

“You must have been surprised by the sudden invitation.” Kaito smiles. “We organised this lunch since we wanted a chance to get to know you better.” 

“It’s quite alright, as I am also honoured to be able to dine with you all like this” 

“There is no need to be formal. This is actually our annual bonding time.” Natsumi chimes in. “We use this time of the year to discuss some important matters and also to…bond.” 

“Because despite the fact that we will be fighting each other in the future, we will still need to work together now and even in the future. Our ancestors, I think, created this tradition in order for us to develop our relationship so we don’t end up killing each other in the Battle of Galsia.” Kaito states matter-of-factly. 

“Yes, so think of us like a big family, don’t be scared.” Natsumi claps her hands as servants pool through the door and start plating the food. 

Chiyo gawks at the whole bird on her plate and wonders if this is really what rich people eat for appetisers but when she cuts into it she realises what inside is actually duck soup. Her eyes sparkle upon seeing the mouth watering liquid ooze out. She takes a bite and feels as if all her clothes are being blown off by how good it is. She notes to herself to talk to the chefs later about the gastronomy behind these dishes. 

“Does the food suit your palate?” Kiara smiles as she sees how Chiyo’s entire demeanour changed after trying the food.

“It's delicious! The flavours are being enhanced and brought forth by so many different elements, I mean you can even taste the origin of the ingredients from how attentive each individual aspect has been handled…” 

Everyone turns and looks at Chiyo, who’s now completely lost in her own world as she is exhilaratingly chattering about food. Even Kaito can’t help the smile that tugs at the corner of his lips. 

“If you like it that much, I can let you meet the chef.” 

“Really?” Chiyo turns so fast she almost gives herself whiplash “I would love to be able to meet them” 

“Yes, and he could teach you too if you want. He’s one of the chefs that earned the Michelin star in this hotel.“. 

“You’re not the only one that has a Michelin Star chef in your district.” Natsumi mumbles as she looks at Kaito with disgust. 

Chiyo continues to happily enjoy her meal, their bickering but white background noise. Though it is hard to swallow the food when the person next to her is staring at her so “passionately”. Anyone who looks over right now might mistake this for the start of a fantastic love story. But of course, like any normal human being, she thought this shit was creepy as hell. 

“I really don’t mean to be rude but why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face that I should know about?” 

“Why is your hand shaking?” The man next to her asks as he just continues to stare at her.

Did he not hear a single word that was just said????

Only when he pointed it out did Chiyo realise that her hands had been shaking for the entire duration of the confrontation. She grabs one hand with the other, willing herself to calm down “It’s nothing, I’m just a little cold” 

It’s okay. It’s not like that time. 

Despite obviously having been caught staring, the man remains unflinchingly still. Chiyo huffs. About ready to give him a piece of her mind when she’s struck dumb by the most mesmerising of blue. The eyes that have been staring at her all this time are strangely very...beautiful? A crystalline sapphire that sparkles like a perfect raindrop on a blue aster after a spring shower. 

“Can I touch your hand?” 

Kazai almost spits out the food when he hears what the man has to say, Momo following suit. 

Chiyo can feel her mind spiralling out of control. Come here. Her vision blurs. Let me touch you. Eyes shut tight, she tries to block everything out from her mind. You know you wanted this. Her spoon clatters loudly to the floor. 

“What’s wrong, Chiyo?” Natsumi finally notices something weird going on at that side of the table. 

“Chiyo?” 

“Huh? Uh. Nothing!” Her reply came a little too quickly for her own taste “Just…just shaky from how good the food is!.....If you could excuse me for just a moment” 

Chiyo moves to the bathroom at the speed of light.

Taking a moment to herself to figure out what the heck just happened, she splashes some water onto her face to refresh her mind. 

You’re just imagining this. You probably heard it wrong. He probably meant something else. It’s…It’s not like that time. It’s not like that time…

Pale faced, she exits the bathroom only to run straight into the man she dreaded the most blocking the entrance. 

“You haven’t answer-” “GAAAAAAAAAAAHH” startled by his sudden appearance, Chiyo’s ear deafening scream fills the hall. She falls to the floor, whatever iron willed heart she had put together crumbled in mere seconds like a piece of biscuit. 

“Why is your body shaking like that again?” The man’s brief confusion is easily replaced by fascination again “Anyways, can I touch your hand?”

The man’s behaviour seems to have completely broken Chiyo as she’s just…there with her hands out like some interactive exhibit in a museum. She seems to be mumbling something to herself as she stares blankly back at him. 

When the man is about to touch Chiyo’s hand, someone suddenly appears from behind the corner.

“What are you doing, Hirahito?!” Kazai shouts, pointing an accusing finger his way “Are you seriously asking to touch her hand?!”

“Yes, so what?” Hirahito turns and looks at Kazai with a puzzled expression.  

Kazai rushes over, attempting to heroically shield Chiyo from this perverted monster. Though from the way his body is shaking like a leaf, he looks more like a tin soldier than a white knight. 

“Run! Chiyo! Although Hirahito has always been a weird person, I never knew that it was possible for him to also be a pervert!” 

Kazai turns around, expecting Chiyo to be in complete awe at his courageous actions…

…Only to find her completely gone, leaving behind only a tail of dust. 

Chiyo hurtles through the double doors, ragged and out of breath as she collapses into her seat. 

“Don’t tell me, did Kazai not make it in time?” Momo looks at Chiyo, who looks haggard and frankly a little lost, with a worried expression “What did Hirahito do to you?!” 

Her skin crawls with goosebumps at the thought “He…he…” though no matter how much she tries, the words that she wants to say just won’t come out. 

Momo’s face turns pale. “Did he ask to touch your hand again? Oh my god, stay away from him Chiyo. Scream whenever you’re near him!” 

And they almost do when Hirahito comes crashing through the door, dragging Kazai’s lifeless body on the floor behind him. 

“What happened?” Kaito has to lower his wine glass at the sight. 

“I don’t know.” Hirahito shrugs. “He suddenly ran towards my direction so I stepped aside.”

“The…..wall…..” Kazai mumbles weakly before the light fades completely from his eyes. 

Kazai is immediately taken away by a squadron of doctors and Momo can only chase after him in tears. 

The meal ends, as one might have expected, in utter chaos. 

——

Chiyo enters Kazai’s room to find him lying in his bed with his head wrapped by white bandages, surrounded by various medical equipment. 

Was that…a heart rate monitor? 

He looks out the window, observing the birds chirping with a calm gaze. Momo is sitting beside him, eyes red and puffy. The scene is so emotional Chiyo feels like she’s watching a live reenactment of “The Last Leaf.”

“Hey Kazai, are you okay?” 

“Thank you, Chiyo. I’m fine. I’m glad you’re okay.” Kazai says with the face of a hero. 

She’s unsure if she should mention the fact that nothing really happened. 

“No, I should thank you Kazai ...you um…REALLY saved my life.” Chiyo plays along for now. 

A single tear rolls down his cheek “As long as you’re fine.”

Momo starts sobbing upon seeing Kazai’s tears. “Chiyo, my little brother did everything he could to protect you. All we want is for you to stay safe and we'll be happy.”

Chiyo drops down onto her knees. One hand grips the chest area of her dress tightly, the other covering her mouth as she chokes back her laughter with a loud sob, “Kazai! Please! Don’t go! You’re still so young! Who will stay by mine and Momo’s side if you’re gone. Who will protect us now?” 

“No need to worry. My injury is nothing. I’ll quickly recover to protect all of you.” Kazai says with a serious face.

Chiyo and Momo can see a light emitting from behind Kazai’s body. Faintly in the background, she swears she could hear a choir of angels sing. 

“You must leave now, Chiyo…GO!” Kazai cries out dramatically with a wave of the hand, “ I don’t want to burden you with my sight any longer.” Large, syrupy dews cling to the long black lashes that flutter with an enchanting vulnerability as the words ghosts over his lips. 

“All I ask is that you keep me in your heart”

Kazai raises his head. 

“Momo…Chiyo, she…left immediately, didn't she…. “ 

——

0