Chapter 6.2
807 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finish reading Implementum. Just like the other damn books, it was a dense book, but it did help me attain abetter mental picture of what implements I'd like to have.

Now that the adrenaline of the chief's death has worn down, I a regretting messing with Dober. It was a short sighted decision…but she just pisses me off so goddamn much.

It would be a lie that I don't dread going back up and facing the music, but staying here is not a option. Besides, I stink like sex and dog; I really want to give myself a good scrub.

I crack my neck and step out into the hallway, already turning my body left towards the stairs.

A dog hand, coming from the right, grabs me by the hair and gives me a painful pull.

I turn around to the sight of two glowing red eyes and teeth in the gloom of the hall. Doberman's other hand slams into my throat, making me collide with the brick wall of the basement before I can see anything else.

I scratch at her paw as my air runs out,  increasingly desperate. Can't breathe.

"So, that's where you were hiding. I was hungry, you know? Bet you think you are clever hiding here like a little bitch." she hisses into my ear.

Can't breathe. Can't breathe. Can't breath.

"You like to act tough, but I know better," she chuckles, "I'm a Boogeyman: I can smell your fear, and it drives me crazy. Makes me want to fuck you to death."

Just when I feel that I will pass out Dober lessens her grip, allowing me to breathe, but still hovering her hand around my throat.

 She grins at me, probably trying to see what reaction I’ll give her.

I am not gonna fall for her taunts this time. “If you think t-”

She spits a thick glob of saliva right into my open mouth. It trails down my throat in a disgusting path that makes me want to pour bleach down my gullet to clean it.

The bitch is now laughing, holding her sides, crying black tears from mirth. “Oh gosh…you should see…the look in your face, hahaha!”

Livid, brimming with rage that I can feel physically hurting me, I draw my gun, aim it at her chest, and press the trigger, shouting like a madman.

Somehow, with her freak reflexes, she manages to push the gun down as it fires. It rips open a hole in her muscled stomach and she grunts with pain, but it doesn’t do the job, unfortunately.

Growling, she chokes me again and slaps the gun out of my hands. Her vicious, angry face now hovers over my vision.

I just gaze at her defiantly, despite struggling for air, smiling at her arrogantly, pleased with myself.

I expect nothing more than for her to beat me to a pulp, so I am caught by surprise when she starts kissing me fervently. 

She has gone completely berserk and defiles my mouth like a its her lifeline, biting my lip. At one point, she even starts smearing black blood from her stomach wound all over my face with her hands, and groping my breasts painfully.

I knee her in the balls, but that just makes her go even rougher, more frenetic.

She starts tugging at my trousers, growling in frustration, her member dangerously erect.

Thankfully, before the situation can get any worse, the doorbell saves me. The person pressing it is insistent, ringing it about ten times.

I don’t think that Dober gives a shit about who’s at the doorway—she’s too far gone--but I still use this moment of distraction to push her away and run up the stairs, to the doorway.

Dober howls like a wolf and chases after me.

Regrettably, her Abyssal biology means she is gaining ground on me. If I continue running in a straight line, I won’t make it. So, I start taking twists and turns down the halls, sliding down a stair's banister, throwing chairs on her way, any trick in the book.

The both of us are almost at the doorway now; it is in sight.

Dober, seeing that she won’t make it in time, changes to her dog form as I open the door.

There in the doorway stand the seven remaining members of my family as well as seven very, very attractive women dressed in provocative attires I do not recognize. They stand amidst police evidence tape and the body of the Konner. One of my younger relatives, a little boy is crying from looking at the corpse.

“Whoa what happened to your face, pretty girl?” laughs Damian, combing his gelled red hair backwards and giving me an ingratiating smile.

“No,” said Theodore, pushing up his glasses with two fingers, and beginning a barrage o questions “More Importantly, what happened to Mr. Police man here? Who are you and what is your relationship with Jesse? What is your plan, hmm? Hoping to marry our dear…humble Jesse and then run away with half of the inheritance?”

“She looks like a trashy whore from the slum that bastard crawled out of. We should call the police on her; she probably has a criminal record,” sneered an old crone, what was her name? Linda?

Family, huh. Whoever said you can’t live without them is an idiot.

A curvy, matronly woman straight out of paris fashion week steps up and offers me her hand. “I apologize for the behavior of my companions,” she said, her voice sexy, eyes hinting at what could be. “I am Helen dan Vroy and I have come here to assist your family in sorting out some discrepancies they seem to have found in the legal documents of the inheritance. Can we step inside?”

I shake the woman’s hand. “Alright, you can come in, but only if you promise that you will ensure everyone I can see, everyone here, will not act in any way to harm me, physically or otherwise. Also,”--I whisper this last part--”leave your familiars outside.”

“Familiars?” she asks, tilting her head in a confused manner.

“Don’t try to play dumb,” I hissed at her still whispering. “I saw your connections with my sight. Even though you must have done something to the connections—I can’t see them with the sight—I still smell them on you. Besides, what practitioner goes out without his familiar?”

Helen gives me a womanly laugh, hiding her mouth behind the wrist of her hand like a noble lady. “Talented, I see. You are learning fast, faster than your predecessors at the very least. At any rate, if that is what you want…ladies!” she said, addressing the other 6 women, “Make the “animals” stay outside.”

Three black cats, a toad, a snake, a marsupial, and an owl come out of purses, from between their breasts, from hiding behind them, and out of their hair.

The shitstains that make up my family observe this with confusion, weirded out a little, but they don’t say a word about their strange pets and behavior—they don’t want to burn any bridges with their new allies.

“You still haven’t promised,” I tell her, tired of her bullshit.

She gives me a sheepish smile, “Do not become agitated. I promise, so long as it goes both ways and we are also protected from harm on your end.”

Helen starts walking inside, rubbing her body against me as she passes by me. The rest of the group follows after her, passing me one by one. Linda and a snobbish girl bump into me as I hold the door open. The last one in, a blonde girl wearing a tight dress, high heels, and lace elbow-length gloves hesitates in front of me, blushing and trying to work herself up and say something to me.

She looks very worried.

6