Chapter 12: The End is only the Beginning
1.8k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  David, who was sitting on the sofa near the table where Alina's fainted body was, began to feel even more worried as he looked at her.

  It looked like she wanted to give him the best pleasure she could and wanted to feel the same. On the other hand, she continued to remember her situation and wanted to hide from it by forcing herself to faint with his hands.

  David stood up and was about to lift her up and bring her to the other room when he saw the tears begin to emerge in her eyes and fall on the table.

  '... Even her dreams are not as helpful as before, huh.' David gripped his fists and lifted her up, moving to the bed. 

  He entered the small room where there was only a two-sided bed near the old window behind it.

  He placed her vulnerable body on the bed and covered it with a thick bed sheet. He lay down in front of her. Gently stroking her face.

  "..David… please...don't go.." New tears started to fall from her eyes.

  "I'm here my dear. I'm here. I will never leave you." David's heart shook as he heard her soft cry, so he touched her forehead and whispered gently. 

  He hugged her and tried to fall asleep as if wanting to take her bad dreams into his to reveal her from pain.

  … 

  Morning arrived and sunlight began to fall from outside the window. Songs of different birds could be heard here and there.

  David had already woken up but he didn't stand up. He was still waiting for her.

 

  He noticed that her sleep became a bit longer each time. 

  "..help.. help me..where are you, David..noo..pls stop.." Alina suddenly squirmed in his hold and called for her from inside her dream. 

  David kissed her lips and tightened his hold on her. Gladly, she somehow felt it and calmed down a bit as her breathing became normal again. 

  David's eyes teared a bit as he breathed near her ear. 

  If few minutes, Alina opened her eyes and saw that she was tightly held naked by David. She too began to hug him, telling him that she woke up. 

  David moved back a bit and kissed her warm lips.

  It lasted only for 3 seconds.

  "Good morning, sweetheart. Are you ready for a walk outside with me a bit?" David greeted her and gave the best smile he could.

  "Anything, as long as it's with you, honey," Alina said with a smile. 

  ….

  There was a big lake full of crystal-clear water not too far away from their hut. Near that lake was a high cliff with trees on the top. The cliff was quite high, around 200 meters.

  David placed a tent right near the tree on the cliff, so they could look at the lake and forest from above. It was a very beautiful sight. 

  "I didn't think that this place has such a beautiful spot," said Alina as she leaned on David's chest who was leaning against the tree. 

  "Yes, I find it by accident in the past. At that time I was too little to understand the beauty of this place,"  said David as he has his chin on her shoulder and hugged her gently.

  "...thank you, David," said Alina as she turned her head to him with a smile.

  He saw her beautiful face and kissed her pink lips…

  ….

  Time flies without stopping as David and Alina live their happy lives together and make love each day. Alina began more often beg David to take her with a force that makes her faint each time. 

  David knew why though, and that made his heart bleed. 

  She often started to feel pain in her abdomen. 

  David and Alina knew that their times were running out. 

  …..

  A few weeks passed. Alina sleep lasted much longer as if her brain was trying to protect her from raising pain in her lower body. 

  Pills didn't help much as her state was more mental than physical.

  That day finally comes.

  They both were on the same cliff as before.

  "I never imagined that my life would end this way, David. When I was young, I always thought that I will die from old age, near my family members…" said Alina with tears falling from her chin. She turned at David who was holding her behind and started to sob.

  They both stay at the edge of the cliff, hugging each other while opening their feelings.

  "I also never imagined that I would fall in love with my nephew… The happiest moment in my life was meeting you, David…*sob* I-i don't want to die, David. I want to age with you… adopt a newborn and raise him together with you.. to feel how it is to be a mother.. to create my own family... *sob*..but it's only a fantasy...*sob*." Alina holded his hands on her belly and cried as her black hair waved in the light wind.  

  "Alina…" David heard her feelings and his eyes also tore. "I've planned to confess to you after I find a suitable job to lessen your burden. If you were to accept me, I was ready to give up everything for you. I was ready to make a purpose to you so I can give you a family you always craved for… I don't know if there is a next life waiting for us, Alina, but if there is one. I want to meet you again. I will confess to you properly. We will have a few kids together as you always wanted. But if we don't meet each other… I want you to live a happy life, okay, Alina?" said David with the more gentle smile he could think of to console her. 

  

  Alina looked at his gentle smile and her heart shook. She leaned and kissed and then hugged him like never before as if she would not let him go even in death. "If there is truly a new life waiting for us, but we will be separated… If you will meet a woman that will manage to enter your heart, then don't hesitate, okay honey."

  She turned her back to face the edge of the cliff. 

  "I love you, David. Let's meet each other again." Alina looked into his red eyes and gave a smile that looked brighter than the sun itself. 

  They jumped...

  As they fell, they hugged. David felt her tears on his face. Their eyes were closed.

  "I will find you…whatever it takes" David whispered, but as the wind whistled in her ears, she did not hear it.

   Splash….

  …..

   …

   'it's so dark here... Is this what you feel after death?' said David as tried to look around but could not. He tried to look at his own body but did not see it too.

  'Alina….' David remembered her last gaze.

  'Please, be happy, dear.' David softly said in his mind.

  Suddenly he felt a push.

  'What...? A push? I can still feel?' said David as an impossible thought emerged in his mind.

  'No way…' said David in disbelief as he began to hear noises that reminds a voice. 

  David noticed a faint dot of light in front of him.

  If David's assumption is true, then this place should be... his mother's womb.

  David felt more push. Those noises began to be louder. 

  His guess was right.

  The next second, he felt small, gentle arms grabbing him.

  'Is this for real or… just a fantasy created by my brain!?'

25