Chapter 116: Black Corrosive Ants Attack
272 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 116:

Black Corrosive Ants Attack

________________________

 [Rumble!~]

 As the ground under Annie's feet shook, something small and black at fast speed flew towards her out from a few different holes in the ground behind her.

 [Swoosh!]

 It was two 10-centimeter-long black ants with 6 thin legs and a pair of little transparent wings on their back.

 They attacked Annie at a very fast speed, who can't move at the moment because she still didn't cancel her channeling healing spell.

 “Young Miss!!” 

 Skylar and Selena both loudly shouted as they noticed that their lover's young wife was suddenly ambushed. 

 

 They instantly ran to her, while the other girls were still bewildered by this sudden change.

 If something bad happens to Annie under their watch…

 Selena and Skylar could immediately forget about being Vincent's women, since it will be the least of their problems. 

 Even if Annie will survive, he might just kill them on the spot for being so useless for failing to protect one of his wives from such a threat.

 Their life will be over at that point…

 Annie sensed that something was swiftly coming at her from behind.

 She already decided to cancel the healing after she felt the first tremor, but it was just a moment ago. She doesn't have enough time to cast protective spells, so she quickly decided to use her Light element on her body to blind everyone near her in hope that it will help her.

 [Flash~]

 Annie's body quickly began to shine like the little sun. 

 Such a bright light lasted only a brief moment before vanishing.

 [Crash]

 Still, she managed to avoid the 1st ant as it missed her left leg by a few centimeters and hit one of the stone columns in front of Annie.

 The white column cracked a bit from the crash, while that corrosive black ant died on the spot after its head was smashed by hitting the stone, staining it in yellow color.

 But it was only the first ant…

 [Hit!]

 “Aaargh!!” Annie screamed in her young voice.

 The second black ant managed to hit Annie right under the knee zone on her left leg.

 Ant's horns pierced her white-blue elemental robe and its teeth immediately bite her flesh, inflicting strong corrosive poison. 

 After an ant bites her, it falls on the ground and releases its last [Screech~] sound before dying right afterward.

 'No…  It's bitten me…!' Annie clearly felt how its little disgusting sharp teeth sank into her skin.

 [Smash]

 She quickly smashed that already dead fucking ant and immediately tried to heal herself with a fast casting spell, but after a few seconds…

 'Huh…? Why is it not healing!?' Annie began to panic, but suddenly remembered something, 'Wait. That old elf said something about their unique poison that is block healing. It… What should I do!?' thought Annie and became scared.

 Suddenly, Annie's vision became blurry, and she fell to the ground on her left knee.

 'What is wrong with me… Fuck, that poison acting very quick…!' thought Annie, as fear filled her heart, but… this was just the beginning.

 “Young Miss, watch out!!” 

 [Rumble~]

 The ground 5 meters away from Annie trembled and a few holes appeared.

 [Swoosh~] 

 Ten more black corrosive black ants flew out from the holes on the ground toward Annie. 

 It looked as if they were specifically targeting her. 

 Annie was intoxicated in the early stages of the toxin and can't see anything already, but still can hear. She heard Selena's voice who should already be near her.

 But she was still too young and inexperienced. Moreover, she is already injured, and the toxin is already spreading through her body. Furthermore, being in a shocking state from sudden events doesn't help much in protecting oneself.

 

 The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ant that flew out from under the ground immediately attacked Annie's head. The 4th, 5th, and 6th ant attacked her abdomen, while the rest targeted each of her limbs.

 “Annie!!” Screamed Selena as she managed to arrive in front of Annie in time, and use her own body to protect her young miss.

 She created a 2nd ranked “Wind Shield” the size of a human to protect both of them, but she cast it too hastily, and the shield became incomplete. 

 [Hit!]

 A few 5-centimeters black ants hit the “Wind Shield” and slice them in a few parts.

 The shield managed to stop the attacks on Annie's head and abdomen but was not wide enough to block those ants that targeted her limbs.

 Still…

 “Argh!” Selena screamed as she protected Annie by taking every hit with her own body. 

 The 4 kamikaze-like black ants penetrate her white robe and bite her flesh, sending their deadly toxin inside her body from 4 different spots before falling to the ground, dead.

 Suddenly…

 [Rumble~!]

 Another ground tremor was felt nearby, but this one was much stronger.

 Selena's eyes began to shed tears as she looked at what emerged from there.

 'It's over… he-he, but a-at least I've managed to protect one of his wives… I'm not useless… I think it's much better to die this way than let her die and then see how Vincent, who I fall in love with, will abandon me or even will kill me for failing to protect Miss Annie…' Selena giggled in her mind as she felt that she was at her death door. 

 Then, she glanced at the places where she was bitten. The bite zone instantly darkened, and she began to lose her sensitivity to it. 

 'He-he…'

 …

 [Boom!]

 A few seconds earlier…

 Nearby Selena's place, Skylar cast a 3rd ranked “Fire Ground” spell that was boosted by her 2nd ranked Wind element to burn the holes from where corrosive black ants come from.

 She was ambushed by the same ants when she tried to protect Annie. 

 Skylar was much more experienced than Selena, so she didn't panic much and without big problems erased a dozen of those ants that attacked her from under the ground.

 [Burning~]

 'That was very close, they almost got me…' thought Skylar and turned to look at Selena and Annie.

 Annie was sitting on the ground, looking slightly pale and weak. Her white-blue robe was ripped at one of her legs. Overall, she looked somewhat fine at first glance.

 But as Skylar looked at Selena, her body shook.

 'Selena…!' 

 Selena looked much worse. Her face became sickly pale and had bloody stains on her robe from a few injuries on her limbs. 

 

 She tried not to fall to the ground since she almost become fully blind. 

 Still, even at her death door, she looked as if she wanted to protect Annie until the end.

 Skylar immediately tried to run to her, but…

 [Rumble!]

 The sudden tremor was strong enough to make her lose her footing. 

 Skylar falls to the ground.

 [Rumble!]

 Another tremor shook the ground.

 

 [Thud]

 Skylar looked behind her and saw something that made her heart shake from fear.

 A giant 7 meters-tall thin black leg slowly appeared on the ground from under the crack.

 [Thud]

 Then another leg emerged from under the crack in the ground.

 After them… a massive 2-meter-sized head with two small black eyes on its sides slowly raised from under the huge hole.

 With the appearance of this huge beetle-like ant, a swarm of hundreds… and thousands, no, hundreds of thousands of tiny ordinary ants began to emerge from all the holes in the ground around them.

 [Boom!]

 But before its massive 10-meter-sized body appeared… 

 The giant head of this beetle-like creature suddenly was blown up like a watermelon, and its huge dead body began to fall back into the hole.

 Skylar stared at this scene with utter shock and then turned at Annie, no, at someone who was behind her, whose right hand showed leftovers from using the Lightning element.

 Skylar's eyes became wet with tears as she glared at the calm-looking man with long white hair that she fell in love with and wanted to see the most at this moment…

 

2