Chapter 51: Fire Spell tests
712 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Vincent stopped. The sun is slowly going down on the horizon. 

  He stood at the big boulder and looked around.

  Vincent activated his "BF Robe" as a form of polishing his concentration. All of his clothes covered a thin layer of black fire.

  'It looks like I'm alone here. I want to try to reach the actual Rank 1 magus. Before I had just felt that I reached it, but I didn't do anything to reach it. At the school, I have only 2 classes and they didn't mention advancement methods. 

  Right now I'm feeling that my Fire EES reached its limit, so I need to compress it to its previous form if I want to continue advancing further. 

  I can use the WE in my body to compress it faster, while none-warriors need hours if not days of hellish concentration to do the same by using only their EE to compress it.' thought Vincent as he found a safe spot on the wide tree branch. 

  He sat and leaned his back on the tree trunk in a comfortable manner. 

  Closing his eyes, he found a little red fireball that was floating and rotating in the 'void' after a few minutes of sense. 

  Vincent also sensed his other EES, and most of them were at the same size as Fire, only Light and Darkness was still lacking a bit.

  Vincent connected to his WE, Water, Earth, Wind, Fire, Light, and Darkness essences auras and began the compression of Fire EES.

  In a concentrated state of mind, Vincent didn't notice that around him right now was an almost invisible suppression zone that stretched at 10 meters in radius with Vincent in the centre. 

  *Swoosh~* *Crack~* *Boom~*

  …

  After only 10 minutes, he felt that his Fire EES reached the size of an ear needle. Probably, only he can do it this fast since he uses all 6 EES auras + WE in compression, while others could only use 1-3 of their EES auras and WE if they're warriors in this.

  'Could I use the combined power of these 7 auras to suppress my opponents? Those who are weaker than me should lose all will to resist, even those at the same rank as me will be somewhat affected due to my supremacy in auras quantity. 

  I might be able to resist somewhat the same suppression attacks from maguses of higher rank than me. I need to test this guess of mine, but before that, I should also reach 1st rank in water, wind, and earth elements. 

  Huh? Why is the tree under me burning? Is this the effect of compression of Fire EES?' thought Vincent before he sat back and began the same compression with his other 3 elements.

  *Swoosh~* *Crack~* *Boom~*...

  …

  After 35 minutes, he finished advancing to 1st rank earth magus. He is now a quadruple 1st ranked magus. 

  After he re-opened his eyes, the tree on which he was sitting was almost leafless, and the area around it was mostly destroyed and wet.

  'Now I need a test subject, but I will never test something on my girls.' 

  Vincent jumped down before continuing his way while training his fire range spell "DFW Arrow" and "DFW Breath" under the "BF Robe".

  "DFW Arrow" was a simple combination of fire and wind with a little dark element in it that gave the arrow corrosive properties. Right now it could fly at a 10-meter range in half a second. The arrow looked red and quite small. It was quite a fast spell to use. To

  Vincent pointed with his hand at the thick tree a few meters away from him. 

  *Swoosh!* *Boom!*

  The tree trunk blew up, wood pieces flew in all directions while the rest of the tree started to burn since all water in the tree had evaporated. 

  'Not bad at all. Only some combination defensive spells would be strong enough to block it. Right now I can use it 2 times before my hand will not be able to handle it anymore. So 4 times is my current limit.

  Next one...'

  "DFW Breath '' was more similar to dragon breath with the wind as a booster, and dark element to give a corrosive effect that made it even harder to heal. Vincent could release a strong boosted fire at two meters from his mouth without losing its actual power. The spell needs to be prepared within 1 second before it will be used, but this will burn my throat if I use it 2nd time in a short time.

  

  'After I use 4 "DFW Arrows" with my hands and "DFW Breath" from my throat and mouth, my offensive fire elemental spells cannot be used in a short while with those damaged body parts. I will not use my legs to cast "DFW Arrow" in ordinary situations, because if I start to send those arrows with my legs I will lose my ability to walk, and with it, in the middle of the fight it's a death sentence. I will do it with my legs only if there is no choice.

  

  Next one.

  "DFWL Eye Laser"...

  This is also one-time use since my eyes might have blown up at the 2nd attempt. It's a somewhat compressed fire boosted with the wind to give it more temperature and penetrative effect, darkness will give it corrosive effect, while light will give in a laser form plus also raise its temperature even more. I haven't used it yet though since it's only a concept. Let's test it and hope that my eyes will not blow up on the first try.' Vincent thought and took a deep breath. 

  He found a big rock nearby and stood in front of it at 3 meters of distance. 

  He gave his eyes thin condensed water protection that should lessen some burn damage and began.

  His red eyes become even more crimson. He started to add the wind to it. Almost all parts of the eyes turned red, but he still can hold it a bit. 

  'Now I need to quickly add a light element to give a condensed laser form and boost its damage even more.' 

  His almost burning eyes began to shine.

  'My goodness… Arghh... I can't add darkness anymore!' His eyes felt so much pain that adding Dark to it would destroy them, he also can't hold anymore either.

  *Shot!*

  *Boom~!!*

  After a second of releasing the spell, Vincent closed his eyes and dropped to the grass. Rubbing his eyes while healing them with a combination of light and water elements to hasten their regeneration. 

  'I almost lost my eyes here… I hope it was worth it'  he still didn't see the result of that attack, he only heard some sounds that reminded him of a sound of… flowing lava?

  

  After 20 seconds, he felt that he could already open his eyes.

  He slowly opened them and looked where that rock was.

  '...It was definitely worth it' a slight smile appeared on his face as he saw the result.

  The centre of rock vanished, the corners of a circle were still in bright red with melting rock. The rock was 2 meters in height and 1 meter wide. The rock was penetrated and melted just as the ground behind it to 1 meter deep.

  

  To block this, only defensive spells with combined elements of 2nd rank can do.

  ...

______________

Author's note: "Fuck. The previous chapter took too much time. After all, I create stuff on the spot while writing the chapter. Anyways, hope you like what my perverted mind generating."

12