7. Chapter
2.4k 5 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yawn... After I slept enough I woke up the next day morning, about 7 AM. There was a digital clock built into one of the walls across my bed. This way I could watch the clock even from my sleeping position. I was still in bed, contemplating the thought of leaving it, but I realized that there was nothing else to do so I decided to turn around and sleep for a few more hours. That was the moment when the door suddenly opened, and the tall form of a temple guard came in. I looked at the new guest, now there was at least a reason to sit up and say hi. So I did just that. 

- Hi, can I help you with something?

Since I was sitting now, I could realize that the guard was actually a she, and I also saw that she had a pile of clothes in her arm. She also looked at me then nodded acknowledging my greeting. 

- Good morning, I bring you a pair of new clothes your current ones will be send to the cleaner. 

Now, that she mentions it, my clothes were pretty sweaty and uncomfortable since I did those demanding force techniques. Yesterday I was too tired to care about it, but now, they feel kind of gross. 

- Thank you very much, I appreciate it. 

She nodded again. 

I stood up took the two pairs of clothes from her then walked to the bathroom. First I washed up a bit and only then changed my clothes. They gave me two sets of clothes with the same simplistic design, but they were in different colors. One was a black-colored light tunic, with brown pants, while the other one was beige colored one with grey pants. I got two pairs of shoes too, one was more comfortable and easier to wear most likely for training purposes, while the other was a simple pair of boots much like my own. Acting on a whim, I took the light-colored clothes, I was in a black robe until now, time for some change I thought. A few minutes later I dressed up and came back to my room, the guard was still here seemingly waiting for me. 

- What should I do with the laundry? I am not exactly allowed to bring them to the cleaner myself...

She looked at me, checking my new attire for a few seconds, then said. 

- There is no reason to bring them there. A droid will come for it soon, you are invited to the council room for another meeting. Follow me, please.

Now that was straight on point. I nodded and hastily followed her out to the corridor. She gave me a short sidelong glace when I reached her side and started walking beside her. Now, what was her problem? There was a momentary frustration in her eyes, then she gave up on the voiceless communication and said. 

- You should always walk one step behind your superior. 

Ah, the etiquette, I almost forget about it, but she already contradicted herself. She is not my superior, but my captor at the moment. 

- I am not a jedi, therefore you are not my superior. 

She reacted to this statement as if she expected it. 

- I am older than you, therefore you should give me some respect. 

Oh, I am not so sure about that, but I can't really blame her thinking this way, so I nodded and left behind just a little. She nodded satisfied with this outcome. 

We walked for a while through the long corridors, those corridors were very empty. We only met with one other temple guard on the long way towards the jedi council. Thinking about it, master hairless shouted something about a war, and separatist? Maybe that is the reason why there is only about a hundred force signal around the whole temple. Most of those are pretty weak, most likely children, the next generation of the order. When I expanded my senses I could also feel the presence of the masters, their force presences were like beacons of light compared to the other less powerful auras. The temple guard's aura were not bad either, but theirs were leagues under the power of the masters. I was able to easily differentiate them this way. I also realized that master hairless presence was gone, he must have got an urgent meeting outside of the temple, but there was another force presence there, not as strong as a master or even a temple guard, but it wasn't weak either. Most likely a weaker knight, or a padawan. The temple guards were after all full-fledged jedi knights and sometimes even masters joined in their ranks to do this sacred duty, as they called it. I would call it utter boredom, but no one asked my opinion in this matter. We finally reached the familiar door. My guide knocked on the door then waited, a few heartbeats later I sensed a calm invitation through the force, this must be the sign to enter. Just as I thought the guard pushed open the door, then urged me to enter with a slight wave of her palm. I walked in then she closed the door behind me from the outside, ah she wasn't invited to the party, what a shame. 

In the room, I saw the grandmaster and master Kenobi sitting in their usual seats, but there was someone else too, standing in the middle of the room, oh a togruta girl, about my age this will be interesting. I reached the center of the room and stood beside the obviously antsy togruta. Someone doesn't like to stand before the council, I guess. I nodded to her then turned to the masters and greeted them with ease. 

- What do I owe the pleasure of this splendid invitation dear masters, not that I have anything better to do in my solitary cell, mind you.

The togruta girl beside me completely froze after hearing what I said, her mouth was slightly open, wow those are pretty sharp teeth. I shouldn't get distracted too much, it's rude after all, some of my masters had a very good upbringing, therefore I also am in possession of those etiquette lessons. I looked back to the masters. Kenobi seemed to have a hard time hiding his smirk, while Yoda nonchalantly gave me a nod of acknowledgment now he was the one who began the conversation. 

- I am happy to see that you have rested enough after your eventful arrival at our temple. He looked at me with a mischievous glint appearing in his eyes. I looked to the floor with a bit of embarrassment, I am sure that he already heard what I told the healer lady. No problem though, if I have to make some sacrifices to achieve my revenge on Revan, so be it. I soon collected myself and looked back to the masters, just as Kenobi continued the conversation. 

- Indeed, but first of all, let us introduce you to your new guide, this is padawan Tano, she will help you to find your way around the temple. Oh, where are my manners, padawan Tano, here is our new exchange student Nizzal Grey from another more secretive force users sect. The sect's name was not shared with us yet, but we knew that it is an only chil-

- The Order of the Grey. 

- Pardon me? 

I gritted my teeth, I didn't think that this will backfire especially not this soon, damn it. 

- Our sect's name is The Order of the Grey, or more commonly the Grey Order. 

- Interesting, remind me, how many of you are out there currently. 

- Nice try. I said sarcastically.

He smiled at me innocently completely ignoring my glare. Then he said, with humor. 

- Very secretive, indeed. 

Last time master hairless took the limelight, but now I have to realize that this guy is just as much of an annoyance as him. 

Yoda looked at me with a weak smile, then he turned to the togruta girl who in the meantime managed to compose herself somewhat. 

- It will be your mission to guide her and also to guard her if the need arises while she resides in our temple. Treat her as your equal, as a padawan learner of another force sect. I must remind you, that this is a great opportunity to create friendly connections with a mysterious yet seemingly peaceful force sect. 

The girl answered energetically. 

- Yes master Yoda! I understand!

I hope that this girl isn't always this excited, or my peaceful life will also become a memory in my archive. I gave a sidelong glance to the togruta girl, she didn't even notice it, although, master Kenobi seem to understand the reason for my irritated expression, he only smiled at me sympathetically. Oh no... 

Master Yoda turned back to me with a grandfatherly smile. Than said.

- I honestly hope that this cooperation will become fruitful, it is a rare chance to create friendly connections between members of different philosophical schools of the force. As a sign of trust, we allow you entry to our jedi archives on the level of a padawan learner. You can find your card in the library by asking our lead librarian Jocasta Nu, she already has been notified of this.

He looked at me with a thoughtful expression then he added one last sentence. 

- You have reminded our council of some of our basic principles that we shouldn't have neglected. In exchange I ask you to show us the same respect as we do, let us not regret the trust we gave you. 

So this was the roundabout way to decide what kind of person I am. I guess I couldn't complain... So I gave a decisive nod to them. 

Kenobi stood up and walk over to me, then said. 

- Also, there is something I have to give back to its rightful owner. 

Now, that truly surprised me there was a shocked expression on my face as he dropped my lightsaber into my open palms. I even looked towards the grandmaster, he gave me a serious nod. Master Kenobi continued.

- It is a beautiful blade, resolute and honest it's strongly bonded with its wilder, through a special force ritual that our weapon master was unable to identify. You may wish to speak with him in the future, in the hands of a true weapon master a blade can tell much of its user's nature. There are dark shadows partially clouding your blade yet its hearth remains clear of its taint. Sharing some of your teachings in a friendly manner could be beneficial for each of our orders. Can you tell us, what is the proper form of address to one of the higher members of your order? 

Okay, they are quite good at making me feel indebted to them... Dangerously good to be honest... Well, what is the chance that they run into one of our members in the first place. I may as well gave them an honest answer. 

- There are two different invocations, every person chooses their own style from this two. It serves as a warning for the others showing which aspect of the force they stand nearer. The first is Grey Jedi, while the second is Grey Lord. 

- Interesting... which one is yours and your master's title? 

- Grey Lord.

There was a few seconds of silence after that. Then, master Yoda closed our meeting hastily, I placed my lightsaber on the side of my robes to be visible to everyone. It was a strange feeling, I was so used to hiding it, that I actually felt uncomfortable not doing so. After we left the council room, the little togruta practically bounced on me, grabbing my arm with one hand and she started to pull me towards somewhere constantly talking about herself then of places she liked and I need to immediately see too. She also asked me just as many questions leaving me no chance to properly answer any of them.

- I am Ahsoka Tano, but you already know that oh, I am padawan to Master Skywalker, he is a really powerful jedi! Who is your master? Is it a secret? Is he powerful? I bet my master is stronger than yours, he is very cool! Oh, I am fourteen years old, how old are you? 

- Thirteen...

- You are younger than me than, just as I thought! I will show you one of my favorite places. the room of thousand fountains is really beautiful! What is your order like? Why are you so secretive? Are you afraid of something to hide all the time? I never saw a grey twi'lek in the jedi order, is it your natural skin color? 

- Yes...

- So you are afraid of something? What are you afraid of?

- I meant the skin col- 

- Oh yes, what color is your lightsaber, Master Obi-Wan seemed to be interested in it? 

- Silver...

- Wow, I never saw a silver blade, will you show it to me please, can you show it? 

- Maybe later...

- Eh, come on! I will duel you if you want, oh that's it we should duel, it will be fun! I want to fight with someone who is not trained by our order. 

- You wanted to show me the fountains... 

- Ah, we can look at it later, come now hurry, in the morning the dueling fields are mostly empty, we can fight as much we want! 

- But, I don't-

- Yes, I know that you don't know where it is, I will lead the way! Come now!

- Ugh, I didn't even eat breakfast, can't we fi-

- I also didn't eat yet, I used to eat after a little workout, it feels much better to eat after that. Master Vokara says that it's a togruta thing, to eat after a workout I mean, it stimulates the predator nature of my kind. Like, if you go on a hunt and only then got to eat! Twi'leks are not like that I heard, they are more peaceful usually. Like Master Vokara, she always acts strictly at first, but she is really soft on the inside, especially with children. Are you like that too? I don't have any twi'lek friends, I read that twi'leks can use their leks as arms, are you really able to lift up things with it? My lekku can't do that!

Force save me!

We reached the training halls and I felt already drained from the constant storm of questions. I was started to look forward to the duel actually, I hoped that she will at least stop speaking while we fought. Ahsoka lead me to one of the many training fields, she told me that I have to make my weapon run on the lowest energy level that only gave a slight shock, it was understandable, there were never too many force sensitives. It would be idiotic to kill each other in a friendly duel. Oh, wasn't that what the sith usually did, hmm I guess that tells something about Revan's and his friends general IQ level. Thankfully he can't read my thoughts! We showed each other that we indeed changed our blades to the agreed energy level. Then we walked to opposite ends of the training field. We took up our fighting position. I waited for her to see what form she choose, oho! Is she really a Jar'Kai user, with two single blades, or maybe she just tries to show off? Her stance is not that bad, so it's probably not the case. One sword is in front while the other is hidden behind her mostly out of sight, clever.

This will be much more interesting than I thought, looking at her more carefully, she is in a much better physical state than I am, an obvious sign of a guardian type of force user, she obviously relies more on her sword skills than the use of the force. Let's make a more careful approach at first. I choose form six Niman, it is the most basic and most balanced form of the general lightsaber forms. With an experienced user, the form can create a strong defense with clever calculated attacks boosted with the extensive use of the force. This was why I never bothered to use any type of Jar'Kai, since this way one of my arms is free to control and channel different force attacks freely. I usually only held my blade with one arm, I am a force user, why would I choose to not use it in a battle? As I slightly opened myself to the flow of the force I sensed another outstandingly powerful presence in the room, it was even stronger than the grandmaster's aura, what a damn monster! I wanted to look around, and pin down the source of it, but Ahsoka sensing my momentary distraction choose to charge at me at that exact moment. Damn it, she is fast!

I instantly jumped backward empowering my legs with the force and also giving Ahsoka a light force push to slow down her charge. It was enough to recreate my defensive form. She seemed very annoyed by this, almost pouting, she wanted to finish it quickly I guess, sorry, but I have some pride of my own, you know? 

She was circling around me, trying to find an opening but I always followed and countered the small changes in her stance. She was getting frustrated by this, she will charge at me soon, most likely overextending, then I will be able to hit her. Here she comes, oh, she charged at me, then jumped up empowered by the force, oh, she wants to attack from the air since she didn't find any other opening? Not a good idea, in the air your mobility, even with the help of the force is very constricted. I lowered my blade then raised my other hand giving her a moderate blast of raw but concentrated force energy. She got hit by it for a fraction of a second she stopped in mid-air as the result of the contradicting forces. She gave me a shocked expression as she suddenly accelerated backward she even dropped her blades on the way then she fell on the ground about ten meters away like a sack of potato rolling a few more times on the ground for dramatic effect. I stood there looking at her unmoving form on the ground. 

- I guess, I got too excited and overdid it a bit.

Probably I shouldn't take my master's capabilities as the base of what is moderate and what is strong. Yes, that must be the problem, there is a need for re-evaluation on the topic of normality. Thinking about normality, there is a pretty abnormally powerful killing intent directed towards me from one of the furthest corners of the training room. Oh, it was coming closer too. There was a tall guy running towards the training ground, he had somewhat long brown hair, and was sending a death glare towards me while running to the most likely knocked-out girl sprawled out on the floor. If a glare could kill, I would be evaporated by now, about ten times give or take. Is this what Revan feels when he talks to me? Hmmm, maybe I will be a bit nicer to him next time if I see him, I will only mention his giant nose three times in one conversation, yes that should do the trick.

- Ahsoka! Ahsoka are you okay?

I walked a bit closer, then said. 

- She is knocked out. 

Oh, his face was quite nice after hearing that. I could feel the burning hate leaking out of him. Is he really a jedi? Maybe, I met someone from my order, that would be unexpected, but not impossible. So I asked.

- Hey!

He didn't even look at me. 

- Is there any chance that you are a Grey Lord? 

Now that made him look at me instantly, oh did I hit the nail on the head? Then I saw his face. For a second, there was sheer disbelief, then his face turned red as a ripe paradise from repressed anger. What is his problem now? 

Then he asked with a very, and I mean very ominous voice. 

- Did you just call me a Gay Lord?

.

.

.

Oh, fuck me.

97