27. Chapter
1.7k 7 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About fifteen minutes later in Claire's room. Nizzal was clothed in a carefully designed modern robe that was actually quite to her liking. It was a rich garment, but it still provided basic defense properties, and it was only a bit restrictive for her movements. Generally speaking, it was a surprisingly good garment.

-Is this really, what rich people wear nowadays?

-Only the ones, who are prepared for an exchange or business arrangement to go wrong at any minute. ~ Answered Claire.

-Neat, but how am I supposed to defend myself? Since we are actually sure that this one will go wrong soon enough...

-Well, I just have the answer to that. ~ She turned around, and walked to a cupboard; she obviously took out something, that she suddenly threw towards me over her shoulder while saying cheekily. ~ Catch!

I caught the glinting item, reflexively, only to realize the familiar weight and shape in my hand. It was my own lightsaber hilt.

-What? How? I thought that, that damn Sith stole it from me...

-You are right about that, but we stole it from her, before she was able to run off... One of my friends was killed by her. That is why the boss decided to give me this saber as a sovenier. But, I guess, it belongs to you, what would I do with a lightsaber anyway? Be careful to not drop it again.

-I am really thankful to you, for giving this back to me... It means much, much more than I would like to admit actually. It was created by my master, years ago. I have only modified it since then to match my changing body height.

-Aren't jedi supposed to make their own lightsaber? I read about that on the web. I even watched a documentation film about the ritual of creating the lightsaber.

-Yes, the jedi does that, but I am not a jedi.

-Oh, sorry. I tend to forget about that detail... ~She smiled at me innocently.

I sighed... She clearly thinks that I am lying... I can't really blame her. I was found in a very jedi like manner... kidnapped by a sith assassin from a battle between republican and separatist armies. I also looked like a child, and I guess, I was technically a child, and that doesn't give more weight to my words either.

I turned towards her.

-Look, I am really not a jedi.

-Of course you are not a jedi. ~ She smiled at me comfortingly, and that actually felt really nice. Finally, she takes me seriously; then she patted my head while saying... ~ You are clearly just a padawan at this moment.

I was a bit distracted by her sudden comforting actions and accidentally said something stupid.

-Yes... I mean... no, I am not! ~ I looked up to see her reaction... She was giving me a smug victorious smile.

-Got you.

- I sighed... ~ As I realized that there was no way for me to actually make her see my point anymore. I also felt that she played me too easily... Is she really around my age? I have to ask....

-By the way, how old are you, Claire?

She blinked from the sudden change in topic, but composed herself quickly.

-I am twenty five, and you?

Twenty five? I mean, she is bigger than me, with about a whole head... But her height is still small compared to most of the other weequay girls around...

-You look surprised, how old did you think I was?

-I am thirteen... and I thought that you were only a few years older than me...

She laughed at that.

-Well, I guess, I wasn't very dignified when I asked about the force in the mannerism of a ten year old; probably my short height didn't help either... Forgive me my childish act. I was always fascinated by the force, and I never had a chance, until now to witness it. It was an otherworldly experience, truly.

-It's okay. I am kind of used to that reaction. It's not as rare as you may think.

-I am relieved to know, that I am not the only one who acts like a fungirl in the presence of Jedi. Oh, and take this small shoulder bag. You can put your saber into it, and it won't look out of place.

I took the bag; placed my saber hilt in it, and hooked it over my shoulder. I looked into a nearby big mirror, one that was clearly out of place here because of its gold-rimmed frame.

I am wearing mostly minimalistic but well-designed clothes. The upper part is silver-colored with sophisticated flower embroidery. While the lower part was skin-tight black britches that were created from fine silk with matching black boots. It was not the type of rich clothes that I would expect after seeing Hondo's personal style. These were actually fine clothes that you would imagine someone rich would actually like to wear. It wasn't ostentatious, but had a unique style and was even practical.

While I was looking at myself through the mirror, Claire grabbed one of my lekkus and attached a silver collar to it. Then she began to the the same with the other one. I moved my lekku with the already attached accessory in front of me. It was a nice silver accessory, with a white pearl in the middle of it.

-It even matches my skin color, are you trying to find me a husband Claire, or what?

-Heh, would you like that to happen? ~ She teased me back right away.

-Well, not right now, maybe 40 years later...

-What a joke... you should have been a grandma at that time.

Without the slowing of my aging, I would certainly be, but she doesn't have to know about that. She gave me my own republic communicator device and pointed towards the door.

-Anyway, honey, you are done, and you look very pretty. ~ She pinched my face playfully. ~ Time to go to the hangar, we will use a cargo transporter ship for this job. This one we normally use to smuggle items with. It is a simple ship that resembles a brick; but it is a reliable one; but for now, it is time to go. Oh, and don't forget, I am one of your bodyguards from now on.

I rolled my eyes, while also turning towards Claire.

-But, of course, how could I possibly forget such detail. Do you think I am as clumsy as your typical scum wandering around the stars? Quickly! Prepare my ship, I wish to see the merchandise.

-Look at that, you are naturally good at this girl, but don't overdue it yet. I have already begun to feel the urge to shoot you down, relax. I would only use a paralyzing shot for now...

The door opened slightly and Jack looked inside the room.

-Before you begin shooting at each other, I suggest to focus your effort on the mission at hand.

-Sigh, we are coming... ~ Said both of us almost at the same time.

-------------

A few minutes later we entered the smaller transporter ship that would directly take us to our goal. I took my seat on the bridge with Jack and another weequay man that I didn't know sitting before the control panels. The spacecraft soon ignited its engine; and we left the hangar entering into raw space. It was this time, when I finally saw the place where I had stayed until now. It was a very old medical space station. Half of it was practically missing; damaged from an intentional attack. The pirates found it and most likely managed to repair the part that was not that damaged. It was surprising that they actually succeeded in doing this. The only thing that was more surprising, was the fact it was still working, and useable... The base of the station, is ancient... There are new parts and even whole sections that were obviously added to it later to upgrade it. The thing doesn't even have its own engine. There is another ship attached to it, and that is the one they use to tow it away, when they want to change location. It's pretty intuitive, even if it isn't practical. Since it clearly can't travel in hyperspace. Most likely they didn't really use this method to travel long distances, maybe just to avoid crashing into anything accidentally.

Well, the whole thing looks like a pile of scrap that is held together by glue. Yet, I have to agree, it has its own special charm after you manage to get used to the stale air. The constant alcohol and cigarette smell and smoke, oh, and the guy that always tries to sell you death sticks at the door of the cantina.

It is amusing to see that the drug dealers of each era still manage to cook up more and more sickening types of fucked up shit in their laboratories. What is more amusing, though, is the fact that they didn't even try to hide what they sell anymore. They call it a fucking death stick... People still buy it, and they die after about half a year of active use. I saw some of these guys go out in the gutter on Ryloth. They basically shit and vomit themselves to a bloody death. This is a highly addictive drug. It usually makes you addicted after about 10 doses. Without a high priced medical treatment that cleanses the material from your body, it would cause intense pain if you don't get your next dose in a day. Most people who use such kind of psychoactive drug, don't have the mental fortitude or wealth to fall back on. Therefore they will buy another death stick, which is a cheap drug since it comes in a case that holds about 10 doses of it. It is a death trap, you see. Each dose will relax your pain, but with each dose the time before you need to use another dose of it shortens, and the pain that you will have to endure, if you fail to consume it will only grow. Until that moment when you will have to consume it every hour, eventually leading you to overdose, or you run out of money and the intense side effects kill you.

-Yeah, it is quite charming. ~ I mumbled to myself.

-What is charming sweety? Are you trying to relive my little reward for beating me in that silly game?

I looked up as the red-skinned twi'lek woman walked into the room. She was in the same type of clothes that I am. I saw in the background that another twi'lek was following her. It was the gray skinned man I saw back on the spacestation. He was also clothed in the same type of noble clothes. What is the meaning of this?

-Why are you clothed in the same way as I am? Oh, and you should be ashamed of kissing someone out of nowhere just to... run away a few seconds later...

She looked over my body with a humorous expression.

-If I didn't know as a fact, that you are a little whelp, I would think that you expected something more?

Oh shit, I felt as my face began to turn red... My leks were on fire, god damn it.

She smirked at my expression.

-Kids nowadays, grow up quickly. It seems the jedi are no exception.

I could hear a few rude smirks coming from the other pirates standing or sitting nearby.

-Sh-sh-shut up! ~ I squeak out from my increasing embarrassment.

That only served as fuel for the laughter.

-Ugh... Damn you... Who are you anyway? You didn't even tell me your na-... ueh?

She caught my face again in much the same manner as before...

-What a bad child. You should watch your tongue more carefully around me, understood? ~ I nodded unwillingly, just trying to get free from her grasp as quickly as possible. Everyone seemed to be a lunatic around here... ~ Now, that's better. I forgive you this time. ~ She finally released me...

-For the time of this mission, you will call me mother.

-Eh?

-Oh yes, and you will call this gray bastard standing behind me, father, too. Is that clear?

-.... Did you, overdose on death sticks or what?

I am not even surprised anymore. I bet if I stayed with these idiots for a few more weeks, I myself would think that the sky is red and the space is pink... is this the time when the Believers of a Flat Galaxy march in and begin a seance?

Ups, I guess I should have shut my mouth... She looks kind of angry...

-Bad girl, for the sake of the mission, I will overlook your rudness one last time. If you continue to talk back, I will teach you a lesson about respecting your parents. So what do you say?

-.... Sorry?

-Sorry mother.

-Sorry mother?

-Much better.

Now, she is petting my head.... Okay, maybe, this wasn't the best idea after all. I should have tried to run away while I had the chance...

-Come on dear, let the girl off the hook... She is confused. ~ Oh, dad came to join the party... Is he another lunatic? I guess I will figure it out soon.

-Dear... she has to learn her place. It is a must for the mission to go well.

-Of course, but you forgot to tell, her, that we will only act as such, to make it more believable, after all, who would send their little daughter to buy spice and slaves alone.

-Oh, did I forget to mention such a small detail? He-he... I am so clumsy...

-Yes you have, but there was no harm in it.

No harm my ass, I thought.

The man seemed to catch my angered glance that I sent towards them. He caressed the woman's lekku while saying this, almost purring into her ear protrusion.

-Maybe, we should turn this opportunity into a more educational type of lecture. We should show our little kitten what happens to particularly bad girls.

I had enough of these two idiots teasing me. I took out my lightsaber from my shoulder bag, playing with it uncaringly in front of their watchful eyes; then I placed it back into my bag. I watched their faces turn a few shades paler, but they hid it almost immediately. I guess they got the message.

-My dear, ~ Began the gray skined man. ~ I guess we took that joke a little bit too far.

-Indeed. ~Said the red woman, giving me an innocent, almost childish smile.

I nodded towards them.

-Apology accepted. ~ I told them solemnly.

That was the moment when Hondo appeared on the holocommunicator built into the control panel of the ship.

-Oh, I see that you have already met, what a wonderful sight, you look like, the perfect family. Even your skin color matches. Nizzal, these two are called Seldibo, and Ayelfita. I ordered them to act as your parents for the mission, be a good kid and listen to them. After all, it is not every day, you get adopted.

-Not for you maybe...

To that Hondo raised one of his brows in confusion.

-Anyway, send a massage once you verify that they indeed brought the goods. We will launch an attack immediately.

-Okay, boss. ~ Said the pair of weirdo twi'leks.

Well, I guess, it is time for revenge. I walked behind the man, who was called, Seldibo? Yeah, that was it. I grabbed onto his right arm with both of my hands. I felt as he froze for a moment and looked at his arm, more specifically, at the thing that was attached to it. His face seemed to be genuinely surprised by this outcome. Our eyes met. I suppressed my evil smile and said it with the most childish voice I could possibly create.

-Daddy!

I felt as the man's arm shook momentarily. His face was currently cringing. Meanwhile, in the force there was a sense of surprise, panic, horror, embarrassment and awkwardness appearing in this exact order.

The woman called Ayelfita also turned towards hearing my suddenly extremely childish voice. She seemed to quickly realize what was going on; and she began to laugh at Seldibo's current expression.

This was how I joined the lunatic duo, unintentionally making it into a trio. 

73