32. Chapter
1.5k 6 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the perspective of Kalifa.

In my momentary blind rage I pulled tighter the hastily tied knot on the leks of this sith scum... I watched as she took in a sudden, visibly painful breath of air. I winced, already expecting to be scolded, and cursed for the rest of my life. Only, before she could possibly say anything, her yellow eyes simply rolled back and she fell on the ground like a puppet without strings... She even headbutted the floor on the way... she didn't even flinch from the hit... she was utterly and completely gone.

-What?

The first thing I felt, was confusion and disbelief... then the panic came...

-Oh no!!! What have I done!? Did I kill her accidentally? I didn't want to, I swear! What should I do!? The knot! Yes, of course I have to untie it!

I kneeled down and began to untie the knot. After that I tried to wake her up... I thought that I had succeeded when she began to mumble something. I listened carefully, maybe, she was saying her last words... I leaned closer...

-owww.... Children are so cruel....

I blinked...

I looked at the girl's lean body... with the utmost scrutiny... She was older than me. That's true... Most likely with two to four years... I can't really say for sure... But, she is not in a position to call me a child... you don't call people children who are about the same age as you! Especially not in a derogatory way.

-This girl is infuriating...

I took away her lightsaber... channelled my force abilities into my limbs and picked up her body... Then I began to walk towards the bridge. I put her down on a chair... ups... her leks are kind of swollen... I hope that she won't actually have brain damage... Anyway... she clearly needs medical help. The best healers are in the order on Coruscant... Vokara will have a look at her. Even a sith deserves to be treated if she is injured... it is definitely not because of my sudden spike of guilt... I set the hyperspace drive coordinates towards Coruscant. We are quite close to it, so we will reach it in an hour give or take...

-The others will be so surprised that I survived... I hope O-Mer and Jinx are still doing well... They will be so jealous that I managed to capture a sith! My name will be entered into the jedi archives as a hero of the republic, written in big letters! What a great day...

I saw a half-eaten grilled nuna leg placed on a plate nearby...

-Finders keepers they say! ~ I began to eat the cold meat, but since I hadn't eaten almost anything half as good as this in the last few weeks... I found it unbelievably fulfilling.

Not long later, I exited hyperspace and the view of Coruscant filled my whole vision from the spacecraft cockpit... I immediately called the border guard station, reported my name, and affiliation. I told them briefly that I was kidnapped and that I managed to escape. I also told them that I captured a sith. I think that last bit of information was the one that truly hastened things up... I was immediately led to the jedi temple with a long military and police patrol ship convoy following me from every direction...

-Look at that, I have to say, it feels good to be important at once in a while...

On the way out I picked up her... what was her name? Nizzy, yeah, something like that, and walked towards the ramp with her body in my arms. She was easy to pick up, if I channelled a little force into my limbs. I smirked while her arms and leks were weakly flailing around, as I walked. She was even drooling over herself... Look at that stupid expression. She had the face to act so tough, when she was actually this weak.

-Looking at her pitiful state... hmm... I always thought that the sith were powerful and fearless warriors... In reality, it seems they got the short end of the stick. Those black veins running all over her body are so ugly... As I walked down the ramp there were eight fully armed temple guards, waiting for me in battle formation. There were also two masters waiting. Master Windu, and wow... that is Anakin Skywalker! I am so lucky!

While the guards encircled me, I told them that the sith is unconscious, so there is no need to be on edge that much... Master Windu and Anakin walked closer, in a more relaxed manner. Windu clearly recognized me, as a missing apprentice, of the order... He gave me a small smile.

-I am relieved to welcome you back to the order, young Kalifa. I am sorry for the seemingly cold welcome, but your report of a captured sith must be handled with the utmost care...

-Of course, master, I understand... It is good to be back.

-Of that, I have no doubt. ~Said Master Skywalker and suddenly stepped closer to me. His expression was strange; there was recognition in his eyes? I never met him personally, so he could not have remembered my face, or could he?

Windu also stepped closer. Soon the same surprise and recognition appeared on his face, too. The two masters traded a few meaningful glances with each other, then with the temple guards. Their formation immediately relaxed, and six of them began to march back to the temple without a single word.

Windu continued in an almost warm tone.

-And that is your captured sith, I see. You can hand her over to these two temple guards. They will take her to Vokara. In the meantime, the jedi council is curiously waiting for your story. Especially the part where you captured this so-called... sith.

-Of course, master, I will do my best!

We began to walk towards the Jedi council. It was a truly great feeling being able to see these familiar walls again. I always thought it to be boring... Yet, now I found myself comforted by the serenity found between these walls... The walls of my home. They were thousand years old, never changing; it were a piece of eternity. The masters saw my expression, and decided to stay silent, giving me the time to take in the feeling of home and the sense of peace and safety. My shoulders relaxed and the constant awareness began to loosen up a bit, for the first time in weeks. We finally reached the council room. All of the masters were present. Of course, most of them were only through holographic projections. Each and every one of them smiled at me welcomingly. Grandmaster Yoda seemed to turn a few years younger, seeing me back in the temple alive and mostly well.

-Kalifa, jedi candidate from Corellia. We welcome you back to the temple, and we apologize for the unfortunate incident that was allowed to happen with you and a few others of your peers...

Said Master Windu after he walked to his empty seat in the council.

Master Obi-Wan continued the conversation.

-Our investigators, a few days after the incident succeeded in reconstructing what happened. Our database was hacked, and the time and place of your training exercise had been stolen along with a couple more. Although we realized what had happened and since then reinforced our cybernetic defenses. We unfortunately were powerless to find your current location, especially in the middle of this raging civil war. Now since I don't want to sound like I am making excuses. Therefore, I will only say this. In the name of the order, I apologize for your hardships...

-I...

I was touched... I felt as my emotional gates were about to overflow... I felt a few tears find their way into my eyes... I would never say this outload... but secretly I doubted... I thought that I was forgotten, and no one was searching for me... Yet... they were doing their best to find me, even in the middle of a galactic war... I felt as a few tears escaped my eyes the masters clearly acted, as if nothing happened

Yoda looked at me after I composed myself a bit, and said...

-In these troubled and dark times... We have to value every happy moment such as this reunion... Therefore, my hearth is heavy when I ask you to tell us your story, but we have to know as much as possible, since there are others who may still wait to be rescued from a dire fate.

I nodded to that..

-In the meantime, ~said Skywalker~ I will take my leave, and order some man to search over the ship. It's traveling data computer may prove to be an invaluable asset in finding the locations of these criminals.

-Then I trust you with this task. ~ Said Yoda.

-Masters. ~ Said Anakin, bowed a little, then turned around and marched out of the room.

Everyone else turned back towards me, and I finally started the retelling of my mostly boring story with a few incredible highlights... Why was it boring? Well, in the last few weeks... I don't even now what day it is, by the way... I was sitting in a lonely cage, where I was threatened and humiliated repeatedly... Not the best time of my life...

After about an hour of questioning, I finally finished my story with a bang.

-And that was how I managed to capture that sith scu... I mean girl...

An incredibly awkward silence descended upon the room. I saw Aayla Secura reflexively hugging both of her head tails with a horrified... yet kind of curious expression visible on her face? Uhmm... Well, she most likely didn't appreciate my act... but... well...

Kit Fisto also seemed to be highly disturbed by this...

-You managed to tie a knot with her leks... This is, unbelievable... No wonder she is unconscious... ~ Pointed out Obi-Wan at last, he looked kind of worried.

-Uhm...

-The mind of a child, is a weapon that even the greatest of inventors couldn't harness yet. We can only hope that it stays this way... ~ Pointed out, pretty rudely if I might add, Master Shaak Ti.

The other council members couldn't help but nod to that with a solemn expression.

-....

I was kind of speechless seeing them nodding simultaneously.

70