45. Chapter
1.5k 7 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anakin was walking back to his room, after the very awkward, and way too long dinner. It was actually pretty boring, there were two of the queens advisors present at the dinner-table and they were incredibly good at bartering. Yet, I had to play my part and try to sell Ahsoka for as much credits as possible. Otherwise I would become way too suspicious. Well, the queen was sending me long looks at times, making me think that I had messed up something. Only to look aside suddenly, with a small blush on her face... Damn... This was making me sweat. Those strange droids were, of course, still here. They were following the queen like a second shadow practically everywhere, even in her bedroom. I have never seen this type of droid anywhere, must be some rare prototype from Zygerria.

Anyway, our dinner was suddenly interrupted by urgent news, which required the queens presence. She was clearly angered by this, so it wasn't a pre-planned excuse. She apologized shortly then stormed off towards the castle. At least we managed to agree on the price, of my "slave". They will send the money to my intergalactic bank account that was precisely created for this mission; therefore it is under the name of Lars Quell. Everything should work out fine. This money will be used by the jedi order later against the separatists.

I glanced at the current time; it was slightly over 10 PM. I should be able to make that call to Ahsoka just fine. Without much preparation I dropped down in one of the two armchairs in my room. This was a damn long day... It's incredible that Padmé can do these official meetings daily. I used to joke about it, that I would rather fight battle droids instead... Well, a few more of these dinners, and I think it won't even be a joke anymore...

-Yawn... ~~

Ugh, better make that call now, or I will fall asleep. I started the call, and waited for Ahsoka to appear in a hologram; she did. I blinked, she was in a bed much like mine, and a little twi'lek was currently hugging her torso while being in the state of deep sleep. Seems they got along just fine.

-Master, how was your day?

-Yawn... mostly boring and awkward, luckily the queen had to leave earlier for some urgent matters... Therefore, I had the time to make this call. You on the other hand, seem to have had a more substantial conversation.

I gave her a teasing look. She blushed a bit. Got you.

-Oh, please, not you too...

It was hard to not begin laughing at that, but since I wasn't eager to wake the twi'lek, I somehow managed...

-So she hibernated until recently?

Ahsoka eyes, widened.

-How do you know?

-There is no other logical explanation.

She thought about that, and realized that it was indeed the case.

-Yes, she said, she was carbon-freezed from the very day she escaped until about two weeks ago, when the queen bought her. I don't know, who captured her at first, she was not willing to share that fact, but what I managed to gather from her hateful expressions when she talked about that part it is likely that she was betrayed or had an enemy with a long history.

-Or both. ~ I added, and she nodded, acknowledging my point.

-So the Grey Order, seems to have their own issues, too, what a surprise. Did you manage to figure out anything else?

-I-I think yes, but promise me, that you won't laugh or shout waking her up accidentally.

Ahsoka carefully patted the sleeping girl's head.

-Okay, I promise.

-She... she said that she is over four thousand years old, in mind, and I believe her.

What? I looked at the twi'lek girl, clinging to Ahsoka's body like she was her big sister and sole protector. I wanted to laugh at my apprentice's hilarious idea. Only that I couldn't really, many memories of this girl began to come to my mind. Memories that until now served as proof of this kid's strangeness and slight craziness, that I unintentionally attached to her personality somewhere along the way.

Her mannerism, the words she used, the way she spoke; those deep eyes like a bottomless ocean. Her seemingly endless knowledge of the force, her eccentric nature, laid-back attitude, and so on. Any of these attributes wouldn't seem crazy appearing on an aged jedi master. Yet, on a child, these were way too weird.

-Over four thousand years old... That means she is at least four times older than Master Yoda...

Ahsoka seemed to be surprised by my reaction.

-You are not laughing at me?

-Of course, when did I ever... ~She gave me a threatening look.~ I mean, that one didn't count when you slipped on a banana peel in the temple's mess four days ago... ~She was looking at me sullenly now.

-Okay, okay; I will stop! Look, I didn't laugh at you, because what you said actually made sense.

-It did?

-Yeah, I realized that every weird and eccentric action she was usually doing, wouldn't look strange on an elderly jedi master. To be honest, she would be a perfect fit. What else did she say?

-She said, that her body is thirteen years old, and that her bodily hormones are making her actions somewhat chaotic. I also figured out, that something happened between the time she was accepted into the Grey Order and now that made her turn out like this. But she was very protective about that. She even threatened me to not ask about it. She had never done anything like that before. It must be really important.

-I see, don't ask her about that, Ahsoka. Everybody has their own secrets, you shouldn't pry too much. Anyway, I believe that this girl is much older than she looks like, but I can't really believe that she is that old just yet.

-I understand master; I am not quite sure what to believe myself. She looks like just a kid right now...

-Yet you yourself saw, the results of her immense force techniques. She is dangerous and you know that.

-This is just stupid, we are all dangerous master, every force user is potentially dangerous, but that is not a reason to put us in jail. We are individuals; we can choose what to do with our skills.

-That may be true... But the council doesn't seem to see it that way... She is still a wanted criminal in the whole galaxy; it is true that she is wanted alive at least.

-She only tried to defend herself...

-If that was true, then there was no reason for her to run away.

-No reason? Don't make me laugh! The whole order was against her; they wanted to see a potential sith, or at least darkside user to be judged and humiliated publicly. And that would have exactly happened if she had stayed there, she would have rotted in a prison, innocently and probably even tortured.

I was shocked hearing what Ahsoka just said. Her presence was painful. There was much sadness and also hate in her voice, that it was hard for me to recognize at the moment.

-Ahsoka, stop this, now!

-Stop exactly what? Telling you the uncomfortable truth, that you also know? Trying to ask you advice about my doubts in the order? Or maybe trying to speak with you aside, missions and mission reports? Master?

-Ahsoka, you are disappointing me. These types of problems are supposed to be worked out in the temple, not in the middle of a mission. You should know that already...

-When?

-What when?

-When exactly can I ask you anything in the temple?

-Whenever you find me?

-Hah, that's good, and when is that exactly?

-What do you mean?

-What I mean, is the fact that you were never in the damn temple in the first place. You come back at dawn, or not at all. You are not even eating there nowadays. Only when you don't have any other choice, so when can I ask you anything?

-Oh yeah? It's interesting, you know, because I seem to have a hard time finding you as well, aside from missions. Whenever I go to your room to speak with you or to go for a team meditation, you are in the damn library reading texts from hundreds of years ago.

-Yeah, and where else would I go when you are never there to help answer my questions? Jocasta at least listens to my problems, even if she only offers books to solve them...

-Then maybe, you should go and request to be her apprentice instead. You seem to be quite a bookworm already. ~ I said with thick sarcasm.

She rolled her eyes at that. Than said with the same amount of sarcasm.

-I may as well do just that; its not that it would make much of a difference.

Then she began to sulk. Oh, my god... I really don't have the patience for this tonight... Also, there was a half-opened pink eye that was watching our argument for how knows how long.

I sighed, who am I trying to deceive. She was likely awake from the very beginning... In the middle of this stupid argument, I completely forgot about her presence... it must be some type of spying technique...
I should have just gone to sleep instead of calling her...

-Sigh... If you don't stop acting as if you are sleeping, I am going to slap you awake personally.

She twitched to that, but didn't really move much. Then she said, in a bored way.

-I would like to see you try.

-Oh, that can be arranged easily.

Ahsoka was the most shocked by the sudden development.

-Nizzy! I thought you were sleeping...

The twi'lek girl, seemed to become quite grumpy hearing that...

-I was, in fact. Until you guys began to shout at each other over my head! Are you looking down on me so much, that I won't even wake from you two shouting in my ear protrusions over ten minutes? I may as well forget breathing in my sleep, and die!

-No, it's not like that... ~Ahsoka began, but she didn't really have much of an argument to justify her surprise that she woke up... Then she looked at me for help. So now you want your master to help you; I smirked in an evil way than said.

-Yeah, it's not like we would be that lucky... ~Oh, sweet-sweet revenge. Her expression was pure gold. Ahsoka's face was also horrified by my statement, but that's just collateral damage.

-Says the Gay Lord... ~ Stated Nizzal, with a cat like smile.

My face immediately fell from the critical damage I had just received in front of my padawan. She was looking at me with a slack jaw... Oh no!

-Ahsoka, don't you believe a word of...

-Why else would he spend all night away from the temple? He is clearly having a forbidden relation-

I was about to panic for many different reasons, and since I was unable to do anything else, I simply used the force to slap a pillow in the shameless liar's face.

Ahsoka eyes widened with a new realization... Just as I realized something. Oh no! I fell in the twi'lek's trap. She was baiting me to take some drastic action... Ahsoka is clearly misunderstanding everything.

-Master, I would never have guessed... but making close connections like that... is forbidden... Or is it different if... if it is with the same gender?

-...

At that moment, I just wanted to die, but before I could. I saw the twi'lek girl smiling ear to ear while biting her lips, likely to hold back her bubbling laughter.

-Ahsoka, look at your friend, is that the face of someone who is telling the truth?

Nizzal froze as the table suddenly turned on her. Ahsoka seemed to realize that something was fishy, as her friend was clearly holding back her laughter. She also began to slowly move away from her reach. But Ahsoka was quicker, and grabbed one of her lek? Interesting choice, but it was efficient, since the other girl froze immediately, as if she was completely cornered.

Ahsoka began to question her friend in a threatening voice.

-Are my master a, a... You know, someone who loves men?

-... Probably... ~She smiled awkwardly.~ not? But... he is having a relationship for sure... so stop squeezing my head tail! Ouch...

Ahsoka turned back to me, with the same threatening expression.

-With who?

-A-Ahsoka, come on, you can't take her seriously... she is clearly lying...

I began to cover up the situation immediately... but I was interrupted with Ahsoka's voice turning colder.

-She can't lie to me right now. So who do you have a relationship with, tell me or I will tell it to Obi-Wan, then Master Yoda.

I was shocked...

-You can't do that, because if you do I will be kicked out of the order!

Ahsoka's face seemed surprised... but also relieved and somewhat sad.

-So you are indeed in love with someone... I, I thought, that you were simply avoiding me, because I wasn't a good enough apprentice... Even though you will have to tell this to master Yoda...

-I would never avoid you like that... But you can't tell this to them, where else would I go? I have nothing beside the jedi order and my wife...

-...

-...

-... You have a w-wife, master? Since when!? Who is it, do I know her... or him? ~ She blushed again.

-It's her, and don't bring that up again. This is completely crazy...

I felt awkward and also happy seeing my padawan's stupid yet generally happy reaction... I-I never even thought, that she would say something like that... react so warmly... Why did I even lie to her over this whole time... I blinked as I felt tears beginning to cloud my eyesight...

-We will speak of this later... I-I have to go now, good night.. and thanks, Ahsoka...

She wanted to say so much more, I could see it in her eyes, but I cancelled the call... For some reason, I felt so... so relived right now. As if a heavy burden had been lifted... I just walked over to my bed and fell into it.

Soon, my relaxed state dissolved as panic and fear appeared in its place. What did just happen? My secret is out, the order will know of it, if Ahsoka didn't tell them, then that damn girl will... But what could I do, kill them... Appeared a sudden thought in my mind, kill them and no one will ever find out... Well, that could work, but...

I froze.

What, what happened to me? These are children I am thinking about, and one of them is my own apprentice! How can I even think of killing her! That is the only way. Destroy them and no one will threaten your position. Only then will your wife be safe. What? I won't kill my own padawan, get out of my head. Hahahahaha~~ You can't get rid of me... I am you; I am the manifestation of your lies; your hate. I am part of you. Can't you see your own potential? You and I can rule this galaxy, maybe this whole universe. You only have to use your hate, let it control you, and I will grant you the power to save Padmé, from the inevitable death. What if you had to kill two nosy and annoying brats to end the war, and create peace, true peace at last? You are making me sick; I would never hurt Ahsoka... I will protect Padmé from my own power. There is no need for you here. Now, get out of my head! Or I will make you!

I sent out a powerful force wave pushing towards the dark presence that was trying to manipulate me. I felt that it hit its mark, as the connection ended with a surprised shout. After that, I felt incredibly weak, as if I had lost a portion of my power, and I almost immediately fell asleep.

______________________

On Coruscant at the same time, a certain chancellor robed in black cloths, was currently sprawled out on the marble floor of his personal residence with a likely broken left arm. He was so enraged right now, that black clouds of dark energies began to manifest around him randomly, and he needed every bit of self-control to subdue his own rage that would even allow the otherwise retarded jedi to find his presence and exact location.

After I managed to calm down somewhat, I began to think over what had just happened.

The situation was not good. There was that strange accident two years ago when my spell was broken over the jedi academy, and even I did not dare to cast another one after that. The jedi clearly realized what was going on and since then, they are actively investigating everyone in the senate for the stupidest of reasons. I was of course, trying to make it impossible for them to do their jobs properly, even going so far as to say that it was entirely unnecessary and paranoid, and that they were damaging the trust that was created with political virtues. As if such political virtues ever existed, there was only power and knowledge.

My shaming's worked to a degree, and they slowed down their investigation, but they were adamant on its necessity. They were believing that a Sith Lord of all things, was hiding in the Senate, and they were right for once.

This, was an annoying thing to happen, but it was not a serious problem right now. On the other hand, my future apprentice, turning against me was a devastating miscalculation.

I will also have to figure out a story about how my arm got injured. Maybe I will say that I fell down the stairs. That would make me look like a sickly old man, whose body had begun to fail him. Even the jedi, wouldn't dare to accuse me for being a sith, like that.

After the Chancellor managed to stand up, he began to walk back to his scrying device, which was an elevated and clearly ancient stone bowl filled with poisonous ingredients.

My long work to create a darkside connection with a powerful and young Jedi had been cut short, just like that. It was almost completely broken, years of work and detailed manipulations, cut short with a simple mistake. Only because some unseen circumstances, and because of the reappearance of a grey-skinned calamity. That seems to always appear in the wrong place at the right time to cross my plans. Worst of all, with all my spies, I didn't manage to find her; or more likely the ones that did, were unable to tell the tale. Only to be found later placed in body bags by the local authorities. I was just about to forget her transgression and let go of it. After all, even I could appreciate such tenacity, but she chose to come back and haunt me again!

-You will regret your decision to cross me a second time. When I finish torturing you, you will be nothing more than a sacrificial pawn in my much greater plans.

-And you Skywalker hmm, maybe seeing your wife being actually tortured in front of you and not just in your dreams will manage to change your mind about your true loyalty. Hehehe...

In the meantime, I started a holocall and almost immediately my current apprentice dutifully answered my call, as the kneeling form of Darth Tyranus appeared before me.

-Master, how may I be of service.

-I have an urgent mission for you, Lord Tyranus. I need you to eliminate Nizzal Grey, the annoying twi'lek worm. I managed to finally find her location; she is currently on Zygerria, in the palace of the queen, as her majesty slave none the less.

-I understand, master. I will send Asajj Ventress...

-No. Your prized assassin had already failed me once in this matter. She had indeed managed to slaughter a ship full of twi'lek slaves, but the one I was hoping to kill or capture, was not one of them. Therefore, you will go personally, and you will not fail me, because that is your own personal interest. Understood?

-Yes master.

-One more thing before you go, Skywalker is also in the palace, try to capture him if you can, after you finish your first priority. Also, send your assassin to capture Padmé Amidala, alive. This is her last chance to redeem herself in my eyes.

-It will be done.

-Good. And if the queen stands in your way... Show her, her true place, there are plenty of pawns I can choose from as replacements. Her death would be tragic, indeed, but life will go on.

-I understand, master.

-Now go, and don't appear in front of me before you succeeded.

63