50. Chapter
1.3k 6 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the perspective of Nizzal.

This whole situation had become a complete mess. I just learned that my memories had been partially changed. Who knows how big the change actually is? It also felt wrong, wasn't the purpose of the whole ritual, and becoming a living holocron was that you could remember events clearly? Not as some hearsay or old historical stories from dusty books? You know, the ones that are clearly and almost always praise one side to the heavens while criticizing the other party's every move and supposed thought while lacking any type of objectivity.

At least, if both of the grandmasters presence was needed to do something like that, it was clearly a rare occurrence. 

One of the doors that was leading to the common room, where we were currently residing opened. As an unfamiliar chiss woman with bright red eyes and purple skin walked into the room. She seemed to be a bit uneasy with the sudden attention she got from us as everybody turned into her general direction. 

She looked around, checking out everyone of us carefully. Until she reached me, the moment she turned towards me, I felt a current of powerful force energy surrounding me and probing my passive force defenses and mental barriers. All of them at the same time. I immediately began to reinforce my shields, as sweat began to appear on my forehead. But the sudden and swiftly executed attack still managed to slip through my shields for a few seconds until I managed to push it out. 

The moment I pushed away the foreign presence, I angrily looked up to question this chiss about her sanity. Yet I froze when I saw her expression. It was a complicated expression. She clearly showed happiness and relief. That was why I stopped my anger-fueled actions. There were other less intense expressions too... One that was quite obvious was disappointment... While the other was also pretty obvious from her awkward smile, that she tried to suppress ineffectively... very ineffectively.

There was a silent tension around us, and the others except Laora who seemingly didn't care were carefully watching our every action. 

Then the chiss began to laugh while pointing at me with a rude smirk as she was unable to hold back her bubbling laughter anymore. 

-Puha-ha-ha-ha-ha~ The chiss woman laughed heartily, while my frown only deepened. After about half a minute of this I lost the last of my patience for the day. I stood up and shouted at her.

-WHAT!? What is so fucking funny!? 

The extremely rude woman, who was about a head taller than me, a bit more maybe, was at this moment crying from her own laughter, that never seemed to stop. My own outburst only fueled her forceful fit of laughter as she was currently clearly having a hard time to even stand on her own legs. Which were shaking from her ridiculous fits of laughter. 

The situation was awkward. In the meantime, the others, who were not directly connected to the happenings were looking at me than back to this woman trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Well, good luck with that, even I had no idea what the hell was so damn funny.

-I never saw a woman laugh this hard... ~Stated Anakin, he seemed impressed.

-Do you know what race she is? ~Asked Ahsoka.

-Now that you mention it... Deep blue skin that has a purple hue and shining red eyes? Ah! ... No. It doesn't ring a bell.

Ahsoka sighed and rolled her eyes simultaneously.

-You are so annoying sometimes... 

-Right back at ya.

-What?

While Ahsoka and Anakin began their own argument, the chiss woman finally managed to compose herself... Then she came over to me, slightly bent down to my eye level, and pinched my left cheek with her right hand in a grandmotherly fashion.

Everyone turned silent, seeing the unexpected outcome.

Then she asked me in a silent voice, but since most of us were trained force sensitives and everyone was silent and focusing on us, I knew that they heard it quite clearly. Also, it wasn't exactly a whisper, so probably even Equ heard it.

-Is that supposed to be you? Revan? ~She looked me over in a quite provocative manner while trying to not laugh, so she just smirked like a bitch.

-I see, you have got a bit, no, a lot smaller... and a lot cuter too... Oh yeah, that pout you are showing me right now suits you much better than your usual death glare... Who is my little cutie Revan now? Of course you are with those nice puffy and rosy cheeks. I am going to hug you, now! 

I ignited my lightsaber and instinctively tried to cut this woman in half diagonally. Sadly, she was expecting this exact move and almost immediately grabbed my hand that held my blade. She forcefully turned off the blade, then hugged me either way.

-I see you are still as fiesty as usually. Even when you are well... this girly, and a girl... and a twi'lek girl of that? This time you have gone all out for sure, but why did you choose a child? Did you run out of time, are you seriously that stupid? Or don't tell me... are you?

- Let me go! ~ I struggled to get away from this crazy woman. This bold stupidity was reminding me of someone... ~My eyes widened with that thought. Could it be?

I looked this smiling chiss in the eye carefully; the moment she saw my action, and that I had stopped my violent struggle. She also stopped squishing me with her very deadly hug. I watched her face closely. Not truly her face. More likely, her face mimics, the way she smiled, the small changes in her expression, and those happily glinting pure and intelligent eyes. The color was completely different, but there were still familiar signs, signs I would never really forget. Even if it was from many lives ago, so many years. 

-Is... is that you Bastila? ~I asked hesitantly in an uncharacteristically weak and childish voice.

My reward was a wide smile, and a crushing hug, that was slowly but steadily forcing the air out of my lungs. I tapped her on the shoulder, trying to get across my wish to let up on the damn pressure, or this would turn into a tragically short reunion. 

She thankfully realized it... and let me go with a bit of embarrassment. 

-Why are you a girl, you stupid, buffoon! We could have made another family... This... ruins all of my plans. 

I was just looking at her with a shocked expression...

-I understand, that you are happy to see me, but you know that I am not actually Revan... do you? 

-Of course...  ~She rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed by my question. - But, you are as close to being him as you can get, and honestly I am a fun of both Bastila and Revan. Seeing their memories and living through their story is such a joy! I used to go to extensive deep meditation sessions just to visit those moments again and again. Some of those more juicy memories; surely you know what I am talking about.

She winked at me.

I felt a bit of a blush appear on my face as I looked away shamefully.

-You are dangerously cute when you do that... ~She stated after she watched my reaction.

Then her eyes shined up with an ominous glint. 

-I just figured out the perfect solution! We can still have a family. I only have to adopt you! This will provide an entirely new perspective on the whole... Ouch!

I headbutted her before she could finish that sentence; it was easy, since she was still close and still grabbing my hand that held my saber while bending down to my eye level.

She immediately released me as she grabbed her face with both of her hands and backed away a few steps. Confusion, surprise and disbelief appeared in her eyes.

I pointed my silver saber towards her face as I reignited it, while she was looking at me, still holding her face with one of her hands. The other was reflexively reaching for her own saber, but she hadn't ignited it, not yet.

-Don't get the wrong idea, even if you have Bastila memories, that doesn't change the fact, that I don't really know you, not as you are right now! Also, ain't no one going to adopt me one more fucking time in this shitty galaxy!

The woman looked at me, with a slack jaw and only said one short sentence.

-You are so damn cool! 

I heard as Ahsoka smirked loudly in the background. 

That made me, and also this annoying chiss woman froze. I still didn't know her name, only that she had the second line of memories. 

Oh, hell no! We completely forgot about our audience... I turned around, and saw a hilariously smirking Anakin, a somewhat shocked Ahsoka, a very intrigued Equ, and a well... Laora must have left sometime while I was too absorbed in this whole... ugh... I just spoke about some serious shit in front of everyone... now they know almost all of my stupid secrets... I revealed them in such a stupid way... what should I do?

-Oh well, I kind of forgot about your friends here... I hope you trust them, otherwise we need to kill them, now.

Anakin jumped away from the table immediately while also pulling up Ahsoka. Equ was, well, I only realized it now, but he was also missing now? I don't even know when he got away, he was sitting there half a minute ago... in the end, there were four people left here. What is with my awareness, when I get into a verbal fight I seem to block out everything else! Is this also because of my current growth state, puberty? Come on, cut me some slack! I cried out in my mind... 

In the meantime, Anakin stated with an almost too eager smile. 

-I would like to see you try, blue girl!

-...

-...

-...

-Master, seriously, that is the best you can do? 

-What? 

Ahsoka's face palmed with both of her hands... Then she walked over to our side, while sending his master an angry glare. 

-Wh-what now? Snips? Are you seriously trying to betray me? 

-You are such an idiot sometimes... Look at us! 

-I am looking... but what am I supposed to... OH!

-Yeah... I thought so... 

-She is kind of blue, but it could have been lilac too. I should have been more specific... 

Hearing that, Ahsoka completely lost it and shouted at her master, with a hurt expression. 

-Master, you are such an idiot, and a racist! 

Then she stormed out of the room in a random direction. 

-...

-...

-...

After that there was an awkward silence in the room. Which Anakin broke first, as usual.

-What is her problem now? 

I sighed as well. 

-Do you realize, that practically every person in this room has a different distinct color to their skin? Like, you know, gray, blue and orange? 

-Oh... damn... that's awkward, well, sorry about that.

-I didn't really care. You should tell that to her, probably.

-Well, then... I will go. You two, also have some things to catch up, we will continue this discussion a bit later. 

-Okay bye. 

He ran off, the way Ahsoka stormed out a few minutes ago. 

I turned back to Bastila, who was weakly shaking her head at the moment.

-Boy... and people say that I am the crazy one. ~ She also turned towards me. - Interesting friends, you got there; Revan. 

-Stop calling me like that, my name is not Revan, its Nizzal. What's yours?

-Bastila Shan. ~She smiled. 

-No... and stop circling around the topic. It's a stupid old habit to call everyone by the memory line's originator's name. The only ones who do that, are the Immortal Conclave members, and you don't seem to be opaque to me.

-You are pouting again, sweety. 

-Stop avoiding my question. 

-Ah... come on, why do you have to be so stiff...

-I am Grey Jedi Aomi. Second line of memories, the only one that is older than my line is yours. After all, I learned the ritual technique from Revan personally. 

-I guess, you really like that big-nosed bastard... 

-Oh, yes, the things he could do with that nose... 

I looked at her with a genuinely horrified expression.

She currently had a faraway look in her eyes. She was about to say more, but I interrupted the moment her lips parted with the intention of forming new words.

-Shut. The. Fuck. Up. 

-Why? You are such a kid. 

-I won't say it again! ~ I looked at her with my best death glare.

-Okay-okay back off. Damn... you are quite a handful... Where is my cute baby from seconds ago... ~ She muttered under her breath. Then continued with a newfound vigor, as if nothing had ever happened.

-Then what do you want to talk about? ~ She asked happily.

-Where are we heading, where is HK and why are you here. 

-Quite straightforward... Hmmm, lets sit down, this will take a while. 

I nodded, and sat down opposite her and began to listen to her story.

59