Chapter 1
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt the cool yet gentle wind breeze my cheeks as I heard the tranquil humming of the birds. My eyes adjusted to a world vast of colors, leniently bombarding my vision.

From the green grass to the purple-leaved trees, to the crystal clear water of the river to the white summits of the mountains. Then to the bluish sky with a tint of pink which shows the giant blue sun high and above. But the most eye-catching of them all would be, without a doubt, the aurora-like gasses high above the sky along with the many moons this new world has.

Pinching my cheeks to confirm I am not dreaming, I figured I'm not inside an illusory machine and that this was reality. In other words, I'm in another world. But unlike any other "in another world" that I heard so much when I was young, I wasn't reincarnated.

All I remember was sleeping and waking up here in this world. To ensure that I am not just lucid dreaming, I pinched my hand, but that only confirmed that this is indeed reality. And it would seem that I have become a child.

As I slowly comprehended the situation, it wasn't fear of losing what I have left behind that bothered me, nor was it joy that I have been freed from a life of worthiness and value.

What I felt was something more akin to tranquility, as if I have accomplished something big and decided to lay low. Just for a moment, I closed my eyes and let myself breathe in a calming manner.

But as if I had two consciousness, memories overlapped in my head; My life as a prince for the past 21 years, and another life of a 7 years old kid named White. If that's the case, then instead of regressing, my consciousness entered the body of a child in another world.

"What?"

My mouth slipped the question, trying to process all the new information. I have no recollection of his memories of what may have happened to him when I entered his body, but since I still have his memories and knowledge, I concluded that we may have fused. However, how would a fusion of consciousness even happen in the first place? But no matter, I set aside the matter to firstly adjust myself to this new life.

As I sat up from my bed, strands of white covered my vision. Thinking it was from the stitches of my pillow, I tried pulling on it. As soon as I did, my head jerked along with it, realizing that those stitches were bangs of my hair.

I don't know why, but the smooth sensation of my hair makes it feel as if it would never get tangled even if a gust suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I gently swept my hair to the side and analyzed where I have woken up from. In front of my bed, was a screen-like wall, similar to those of the sliding doors from the east of my world.

On my left was a simplistic cabinet with shelves on its left, where simple, yet artistic-looking artifacts are kept on. On my right was an open window overlooking the grandeur new world that I have woken up to and at its side was a desk with a pile of books.

I got up from my bed and stood in front of the window, my hands holding onto the base of it while taking a look at the magnificent view in front of me. The wind blew gently on my face, sweeping my hair back a little. The thought of a relaxation where I could only think of my environment felt tender to the soul and I let myself inhale the pleasant air of the unpolluted air.

*knock**knock*

I heard a knock and the sudden sliding of a door. What stood there is a beautiful-looking woman who looks like she was in her early twenties. She wore something akin to a maid outfit, but I can tell her uniform somehow was made of a lighter material compared to the thick-material uniform our palace had as if it was poorly tailored.

Her short black hair paired well with her lustrous magenta eyes which look so artistic that you wouldn't think that they are those of a human, well that's because they aren't.

She is named Sophia and is something like an automaton from my old world. The only difference is the materials used. Unlike my previous world, electricity isn't something generated as they are already abundant in something called Lumoine.

Well in a world like this where even this planet looks to be bigger than my previous world, it's only understandable that there are things different from my previous world.

"Young Master, your grandfather ordered me to wake you up for breakfast."

"... I see, I will be down in a few moments," I answered trying to regain my composure.

"And can you just call me White, as grandpa does?"

"Negative."

Memories from White show me that she has been calling him 'Young master.' Although I am used to formalities, I don't want to talk about those right now. What's more, I don't have any memories concerning White being a noble.

Sophia gently bowed her head and quietly left the room. I stood up and did a little stretching before heading downstairs when the sound of breaking accompanied by the feeling of stepping on something caught my attention. I moved my foot away from where I stood to see what I had stepped on.

On the floor, a glassy pendant with a galactic, yet mechanical clock design was laid upon. Although the surface of the pendant seems to have cracked, it didn't seem to have any effect on the design inside.

"This is?"

I pondered as it was not in any of the memories or knowledge that I had inherited from the previous owner of this body, White. As I continued to think over it, I remembered that my grandfather had called for me to join in breakfast.

I placed the necklace at the desk and headed to the small dining of this eastern like style mansion, not noticing the glint of pure white light in the necklace as I turned towards the door.

0