Chapter 9
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing breakfast, I headed out back to the village. Compared to earth, a whole day in this world is 38 hours, meaning that when divided by morning and night, each would have 19 hours. Going to the village by walking takes around an hour or so, and because of that, I would have to leave early to catch up to Mr. Renard's mentoring.

The village in sight was bathed in sunlight as the Dorr rises from the horizon. It left a calm and peaceful feeling, with no traces of a war happening just 7 years ago.

Once I arrived closer to the village, I saw two figures standing and chattering. One was a tall and well-built man and the other an energetic-looking child who was almost about the age of my body, both having navy blue hair.

Sensing my presence, the Child waved at me enthusiastically while I can feel a slight twitch of lips and a dreadful glare coming from the tall man.

"White! You're finally here!"

"Your rather late brat, you took a dump or something?"

"I'm sorry I'm late."

Contrary to Kayla's cheerful and energetic response, I can feel animosity coming from Mr. Renard. Although I was late, I don't think I was that late. Or is it that time here is really important...

"So? where's your sword?" Mr. Renard asks

"About that, I thought of using a stick or branch first before using a real one."

"Hah? that won't do brat. Although using a substitute is fine and all, knowing how to swing around a simple stick isn't at all similar to wielding a real sword."

Well, he does have a point, especially if the point of this training is to get my body used to swordplay. Sensing my acknowledgment, Mr. Renard sighed and turned her gaze to Kayla, changing his demeanor in the process.

"Kayla, I have a few short swords at the back of the house, can you come and get them for me, sweetie?"

That's disg- extremely different from how Mr. Renard usually talks... I don't know anymore. I felt my facial expression die from the pain of hearing and seeing him like this.

"Ugh, disgusting," Kayla responded, flinching from her father's show of affection and her eyes burning in disgust. Seeing his beloved daughter's expression, he immediately step back with a hint of sadness in his eyes, then he proceeded to look in my direction. But the previous hint of sadness in his eyes turned to eyes of annoyance before he turned his head away and clicked his tongue.

Is it just me or are the people of this world really strange... As Kayla ran off towards their house's direction, Mr. Renard came closer to me.

"Hey, brat."

"Yes?"

"..."

"..."

"Uhm?"

"Did you awaken recently?" He asked after that long but short awkward silence. Though thinking of that stare of his, I can't help but remember the Astesia who has that same eerie stare.

"You noticed?"

"Well, you see, the sword you held yesterday was a special sword," He says whilst looking as if reminiscing about something, "and for a child such as yourself to carry it... The only natural answer would be that you did."

"...Yeah, I did awaken recently, but I can't use my magic since Grandpa said it was unusual," I replied, keeping my response to a minimum.

"Hmm? unusual how?" Mr. Renard asks, closing his face in out of curiosity.

Stepping back a little to distance myself, I answered. "It seems that it has a different form."

"oh? hmmm what about your attribute brat?" he asks. Although it is true that I am in a body of a child, it felt rather annoying when someone openly calls me a brat in front of my face. But then again, it was possible for the customs of this world would be more casual compared to my previous one.

"It's ice. My attribute is ice," I answered.

"ICE?!" Mr. Renard turned wide-eyed as he repeated what I said. Looking at this man's surprised expression, well that look on his face is definitely one to remember though.

"Are you serious brat? you're not lying to me now are you?" Mr. Renard asks after regaining his composure and closing his face in once more to try and see if I was lying. High attributes are hard to come by after all, but I guess Kayla having the lightning attribute made it feel as if it wasn't.

As he closed his face in, I could see a glimpse of a certain navy-blue-haired girl dashing towards us with a remarkable speed, then slamming the scabbard of her sword to Mr. Renard's crouching back.

"What do you think your doing trying to kiss White Dad?!?" Kayla fumed, scolding her father who was lying down on the ground with tears forming in his eyes from the unexpected pain. He wasn't even able to answer as Kayla scolded him mercilessly.

Looking at the scene before my eyes, I let out a small laugh of amusement from this father and daughter's antics. Although I myself had never felt what it was like to be with a loving father, I could tell that it would have been fulfilling.

0