Chapter 3: Meeting, Tools and Training
73 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I decided to change the way I write the story a little, namely the amount "I" used in the previous chapters almost poked my eyes so I will be telling the story in the 3rd person. I'll try and make the process of making things as accurate as possible so I'm open to your suggestions/ corrections if I ever got something wrong.

Well, that's all. 

Enjoy the chapters, cheers.

In a wide grassy plain, a man could be seen sleeping in the grass, and not far away from him was a parasol, under that was a lady sitting in a chair with a table that look like it was set up for a noble's tea party.  The lady was calmly drinking tea as if there was nothing amiss while observing the sleeping man. She patiently waited for the man to wake up however Josh seemed to be in such a deep sleep and was showing no signs of waking up even after an hour.

The lady decided to toss one of the pastries into the sleeping man, startling him and promptly waking him up. Josh slowly opened his eyes and saw the clear blue sky. "The number of times I'm woke up under the sky has increased, or rather, why the hell am I outside. Did I sleepwalk?" The man was of course Josh who, while thinking loudly, heard a sweet voice behind him answer. "No you did not, I brought you here however you were so soundly sleeping that I decided to not wake you up and just laid you down on the ground." 

Josh slowly turned his head and saw the lady, that looked as if a halo was surrounding her, calmly sipping some tea. Josh thought 'That Lady is having a tea party in the middle of the plains, this seriously looks out of place.' He observed the Lady calmly and looked around him once more "Well that was rude, calling someone weird in the first meeting is rather unprofessional don't you think?" Josh was surprised as Josh was sure Josh didn't say that out loud however the lady heard as if she was reading his mind. " No, I am not reading your mind but rather your face says it all." and Josh was surprised another time. After calming himself Josh decided to speak.

"Good day to you, milady. may I know who you are?" The lady slowly smiled and motioned him to sit in the empty chair across from her where a cup of hot tea has been set. "Well aren't you such a gentleman. Why don't you sit down so we can discuss it over tea?" Josh slowly approached the chair and sat down. "I think that you should introduce yourself first before asking someone their name, isn't that right?" The lady said as she set her cup down and looked at him. "My name is Josh Ainsley. An ordinary man of sorts. Are you perhaps a goddess?" Josh introduced himself to show some sincerity, though I doubt a man suddenly waking up in unknown places could be called Ordinary, and that caused the lady to smile further and answer his question.

"Me? a god? No no no, I'm just a lowly servant tasked to monitor this place though I am indeed a higher existence than you. I could tell you my name but it is a little hard to pronounce, and it will mean so little to you as of now. For convenience sake, you may can me Kiara. You may also refer to me as such in our next meeting. You may ask the questions that you like." After hearing Kiara's answer Josh sipped some tea in front of him 'Still Kiara huh? Meaning both Dark and Light, what a fitting name.' The tea tasted literally like happiness and spring. There were no better words to describe it, if you could taste emotions this is how it will taste like. After savoring the tea some more Josh stayed quiet as he looked at Kiara who started to speak again. "You must be wondering why I brought you here, right? To tell you the truth, there were many others before you however they were not able to complete what I set them to do. You were chosen as the next candidate to accomplish the task." 

"So you mean to say you're a lazy god, and that you sent some apostles to do a task and that I am one of those?" Josh inquired about what he heard and said what was on his mind. There were many reasons why he became an introvert, and one of those reasons was his unfiltered speech. The Lady giggled and said "I'm not lazy you see, just like how God cannot enter this lowly plane, I also cannot enter the world you were sent in without a proper reason as that may cause it to collapse. That is why I cannot interfere with whatever is happening directly however I can send proxies into the world to do the task for me. I will help you a little though so you can finish your task successfully." Having said that in one go the Kiara took another sip from the cup of tea.

"What even is the task I'm sent out to do?" The answer was brief and he and was something he never expected. " I guess that's the whole point of this meeting. Well, the task is to survive until you die of natural causes while giving out some of all those knowledge in your brain to the most number of people.  As long as you do this, I won't care about what you do after that." After hearing Kiara's response he pondered for a moment and answered. "If you were going to send me to do that task, you could at least help me immediately after you sent me here, or at least an introduction could have been nice, also does this mean I get one of those cheat abilities I read about? Like a system perhaps? Waking up in the middle of the forest without knowing anything isn't exactly pleasant and won't exactly help in fulfilling the task" Kiara only shrugged.

"Didn't I send you to a safe location with abundant resources? Was one ability not enough for you that you're asking for another one? Besides, the others that were given an OP1Over powered if you don't know what OP means. LOL ability never bothered to take this world seriously and they died early on. This did more bad than good so I decided not to give out OP abilities this time around. Well, you can spend your time in the forest and build up your strength by training enough to not die to the weakest monster. This world as it is a very dangerous place compared to your old one and I need you to not take this lightly. Also, the technology level of this world is the same as the early medieval age so you can decide which knowledge is beneficial to you and which to impart to the residents of this world. Our time is almost up, make the most of your time here. Good luck" Kiara waved her hand and everything slowly start to fade away. 

"Wait! You didn't tell me about what ability I have." Josh immediately asked before he could fully disappear. Kiara simply smiled and said "That's for you to discover yourself. Well then, our time has run out. Good luck once again. May you have a happy life and survive until the end." and with those parting words, Josh disappeared. The grassy plains slowly turned into a large hall with a high ceiling. It had a lot of decorations made out of the most precious stones and metals however Kiara was not impressed or even the least interested. She stood up and slowly walked out of the hall, where she's going? No one knew except her. 

...

Josh Woke up with a slight headache. He immediately looked around and found himself in a bed made of dried grass inside a cave. "Huh, I guess it wasn't a dream, I was sent to another world though she could have at least given me a hint for my ability. Well, there's no use in brooding over it. I should make a plan for my next actions, mostly making a house but first, I need some water. I think the pottery is probably done so I can now boil some water." He stood up and stretched. He opened the door and went to the kiln. Inside were the hardened pottery so he took them out and took one of the larger pots and walked towards the river. He took some water and also passed by the place where the potatoes grow and took some potatoes to cook for breakfast.

After eating, he went and took the flintstones he gathered yesterday and started to work on sharpening them using one of the boulders. He first worked on making an ax, he slowly shaved pieces of the stone into shape using a round stone as a hammer. Then he made a hole on a stick using the thorns of the vines and further made the hole bigger using embers, this also makes the handle much sturdier. The same step was used making the hoe for the potato farm except for the rock blade being placed horizontally. The spearhead was a little tricky to make as he had to shape it and then make a grove to fix the stick at. Josh cut at the top of a 5-foot pole and wedged the spearhead into the pole before tying it together with a rope. The dagger was made the same way but the handle was only 6 inches. Checking the quality of the tools he made,  he smiled and was satisfied with the outcome. 

The next thing on his agenda was making a house but this was a long-term plan so he decided to focus on training first. The words of Kiara about this world being dangerous was a warning he didn't want to ignore and so, he trained to build up strength. One of the ways he trained was hunting for food, he took his spear and walked by the river while looking for prey. He used his new spear to catch some fish, cleaned it, and went back to camp. He decided to fall some trees around his camp, using the new ax he made, and managed to fall 4 trees before noon. The trees looked like yellow pine so there weren't that many branches to remove from the logs. He carried them into the side of his cave and took a rest. He also made additional bricks while resting and set them under the sun to dry. 

For lunch, he used one of the clay pots and made fish soup. He used some herbs that looked like fresh dill, parsley, sage. he decided to include those herbs for his planned farm. The smell of the fish soup filled the air. It made him wonder why the food tasted much better here even though he doesn't have that many seasonings like salt. "Maybe because it's all fresh?  Sigh, I wonder what the ability I got from Kiara." He quietly ate his lunch and looked at the distance. After he finished eating he started to cut more trees, making a total of 9 trees, removed all the branches and split them, and dried them out in the sun and when night came he placed it inside the cave as firewood while he dragged the logs to the side He cooked some grilled fish and boiled potatoes as his dinner and then rested.

The next morning he went out and did a hundred push-ups, curls-up, and squats. This wasn't the only training he did. He also made some weights using the rocks for individual muscle training and added weights for his run. After his morning workout, he grabbed his spear and hunted some fish for breakfast, he would also train in thrusting his spear techniques. After eating, he fell more trees, which also doubles as weight training since he would drag the log to the side after delimbing them, he made more bricks, dried them in the sun, and fire them in the kiln at night. He continued doing this schedule for a whole week until he made enough logs to make a house. His Cave was also half-filled with dried firewood and dried bricks so it was starting to feel cramped. He stopped cutting the trees and decided to focus on training how to use the spear by trying to hunt different prey other than fish. A week of getting used to using the spear gave him confidence that he was finally ready to start his first real hunting expedition.

 

Yesterday there was a power outage so rather than waiting for it to return, I went and updated my motorcycle registration, so I wasn't able to type a new chapter. I swear it wasn't because I was lazy.

1