Chapter #24: Another Maiden in Distress pt2
84 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we head down the tunnel, I wonder if Ambrosia's offer is still on the table. Thinking of the pleasure I was offered a couple of moments ago, I fail to notice that we have already reached the chamber below the Commander’s Inn. There are a bunch of adventurers here. It feels like we are right back where we started, only far fewer of us. We climb up the stone staircase that leads to the main hall of the guild. There, we hear a ruckus taking place near the center of the main hall. This piques our interest and we decide to head there.

While I do so, I ask myself what was the reason for this medial quest. Maybe to see who's capable enough to venture deeper into the tunnels, I guess. Yet, thining our forces doesn't make sense, no matter how useless some adventurers are. Well, as this optional quest progresses, I'll find out eventually.

As reach the epicenter of turmoil, we see the leader of our previous party, Alexander, bullying and trying to hit a blonde girl that wears the same uniform as the rest, the one of the Phratry of Helios. She's a complete knockout like Zoe, and I can't believe I hadn't noticed her before.

Is she even on Alexander's team? I also can't help but wonder how can he treat a woman so badly.

"What's your business here traitor?" The leader of the party demands to know, pointing a finger to the now fallen girl apprentice.

"That's none of your business Alexander," she replies curtly, her emerald eyes narrowing as she stares at him.

"Guys let her be! Alexander, don't be an ass," Zoe tells him with a weak voice.

"Shut your mouth," he spits and looks at her with an angry look. "I know you were friends back at the Wizard Academy. I say you keep your mouth shut if you want to raid the dungeon with us, unless..." he pauses momentarily and tilts his head toward her, "you want to raid the dungeon with the traitor."

Zoe wants to protest, but the blonde wizard girl saves the day, protecting her friend. "Zoe, that's none of your business," she scolds her.

Despite her efforts, it's too late now. Alexander is already picking Zoe. "That's it, protect your traitor friend. I'll tell the elders back at the Academy that you plotted something together."

"You've always been an ass Alexander and you'll always be. Go and lick the boots of the elders as you always do," the blonde girl mocks him.

"I've had enough of you traitor!" Alexander shouts and attempts to kick the wizard girl.

That's it! I have to intervene. My action is impulsive and I'm not thinking straight. There's no way I'll be able to fight an entire team of wizard apprentices. Some, if not most of them have a higher level than me. Yet, I can't stand the injustice. "Stop!" I demand, my body-avatar standing between him and the wizard girl. “I've had enough and can't watch anymore!” The corners of my eyes get glimpses of Ambrosia. She performs a deep exhale and shakes her head in protest. I got to admit that she's right, but I can't stand in the path of righteousness.

"And who will stop me," Alexander asks, his lips quivering from anger.

I see that he's readying a spell and in response, I menacingly touch the hilt of Lush, the sword Ambrosia had gifted me. I'm about to cast Primal Savagery, but my sexy ally intervenes.

"That's enough of you boys fighting! If both of you want to prove something, then you have the chance to do so when we raid the dungeon. Prove your worth down there and forget the meaningless brawl up here," she gives us an intimidating look.

"Heh... I have nothing to prove," Alexander replies, vitriol and hatred on his face," but if I am to be merciful with that joke of a sorcerer, then you have to think of a reward in case I win," he raises a single eyebrow, looking at me and Ambrosia with a faint hint of lust.

His intentions are a bit subtle, unclear. Is he hitting on me or Ambrosia? Nah, there's no way he's interested in me. The bastard wants to claim Ambrosia if he wins, I'm sure of it. I hope my vampire ally won't make any irrational actions right now. I don't know how she will respond to his outrageous demands. I'm about to intervene and say something, however, Ambrosia makes raises her palm toward me, demanding silence.

"Hooo?" She exclaims, her snobbish look changing to that of surprise. "Very well, if you win, then we'll be yours for the night," she makes a long pause, staring at him with her penetrating eyes, like a lioness playing with her prey, "but if you fail, then you'll be mine for eternity, a pet to play with, like the fool you are."

Alexander becomes pale for a moment and gulps. "That's insane!" Is all he can muster.

"What's wrong boy, where's your sense of pride right now?" She demands and at the same time casts her gaze around, looking for potential supporters. She Charms a few of the adventurers and they begin to murmur and mock him, whispering what a coward he is. Like a spider, she has managed to trap the poor guy into her web and if he accepts, then I'm sure Ambrosia will do everything in her power to win this wager. If he declines, he will lose the respect of everyone present here, his team members even.

"Fine," he finally says, making two brisk steps towards Ambrosia, "but if you fail I'll have you for as much as I want, not just a night."

Ambrosia hunches her shoulders in a fake performance to make her prey think she's afraid. "Whatever," is all she replies eventually, relaxed.

Alexander exhales and tells his team members to leave. All the adventurers that have gathered here disperse and only the three of us remain now.

I give my hand to the wizard girl. She takes it and I help her get up. "Thank you," she says with a serious look on her face. "Although you got yourself in a royal mess for a complete stranger."

"Not for long," I tell her with an inviting, sexy smile. "What's your name?" 

"Elektra," she replies with suspicion, leaving my hand.

"Raid with us," I propose to the beautiful blonde. "That's why you're here."

"If I do, then I'm sure Alexander will make your life a nightmare," she tells me with her sexy voice.

"There's no way for him to be that capable," I reply ironically, thinking of Ambrosia and what I have been forced to do all this time to satisfy her. "Besides, I'm sure having you on my team will piss him off even more and that's a good thing actually."

"Welcome to our party," my vampire ally says unexpectedly. Although I thought she wouldn't approve of a new team member, it seems the thought of making Alexander angrier tantalizes her.

"Thank you for accepting me, I could not have asked for anything more. I hope you take good care of me," she gives a slight bow.

I get a pop-up notification on my Neural Control Interface: Accept Elektra as a new party member?

4