8. Making choices
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dad."

"Alan."

Emily and Neil shouted at the same time. But they were some distance away from the two to prevent them from bussing the ground. They could only stare in concern as they watched the father and the son collapse suddenly. However, their expressions changed into that of horror when they saw the man who had been standing near the door appearing beside Jarett and holding him and Alan with ease and stopping them from suffering a nasty fall.

Emily and Neil were appalled by what had happened. Even though they were aghast by what had transpired, their thoughts were completely different from each other.

'How the heck was he able to reach Dad and Alan? What the hell happened just now?' Neil wondered, his eyes not leaving the old man who supported both Jarett and Alan till the bed. His eyes conveyed his feelings openly and Trinity chuckled to herself finding his thoughts and expressions adorable. In her eyes, he was just like a cute child.

Sean sighed when he heard her thoughts again. But he did not speak to her and instead, focused on the father and the son duo on the bed.

"Are you alright?" His tone was filled with worry and Alan subconsciously nodded at him, not noticing the strange looks his mother and brother were having that moment. He had been too focused on protecting his father from suffering from the fall to notice what had happened.

Jarett did not speak a word as he lowered his eyes, his fingers clasping the bedsheet under him tight.

'It's over. It's all over.' He thought in his mind, his eyes filled with anguish and fear and Sean raised his brows at him immediately. But he was not surprised by the man's reaction. He had expected this the moment he had found the twins two days ago.

'Alan. Neil. How could they....' Jarett did not know that the man he so badly wanted to avoid and had been doing so all these years was listening to his thoughts silently. 'Why did they....' His face turned grim and he lifted his head immediately, directing his anger at the man who had barged into their lives again, unannounced.

Sean was surprised to see the hostility Jarett had for him and he blinked at him innocently. 'Hey, hey, hey. I am an innocent person here. Do not direct your anger at me, young man. I did nothing to you.' He admonished Jarett in his mind but did not dare voice out loud. He even maintained a soft smile on his face, appearing as amicable as possible.

Jarett and Emily held the power here and unless they were willing to and gave him their consent, he couldn't take Alan and Neil to Atanor. And allowing them to stay here, in a land where they were prone to danger from now on was not a good choice and he had no intention to do it either.

Alan and Neil's powers were unveiling themselves slowly and they needed him and the other people like him to help them with their abilities. The twins belonged to Atanor and he had to take him back with him before it become too late.

"How did you do it?" Neil's stunned voice broke the awkward silence in the ward and everyone turned to him at once.

Only Alan stared in confusion. The others clearly discerned what the lad was referring to. While Sean and Trinity smiled widely, happy that the situation was turning in favorably to them, Jarett and Emily's hearts thuddered in fear.

From the second the familiar couple had entered the ward, Jarett and Emily had understood what their intentions were. And Neil's question only pushed them closer to the secret which they so badly to keep as it was forever.

"What are you referring to, son?" Feigning ignorance, Sean glanced at Jarett whose face had turned white in fright.

"How did you reach from here to there in just a second?" Neil pointed at the door before his finger moved to the spot where he was currently standing and Sean's lips arched up at once.

"Oh, that's actually easy for me." Sean touched his short beard in pride and Trinity gave him an unimpressed look.

'There he goes again. How shameless!' She scolded him, making sure to be as loud as possible and Sean let out a helpless laugh when he heard her in his mind.

Neil did not react, waiting for him elaborate more and Sean sighed and pressed his forehead. "Although I would like to show how I was able to do it, we still have other important matters to discuss. Everything else can wait."

Jarett's heart skipped a beat and he stood up at once. "Sir, may I speak to you and the lady here in private? I have to request to make."

"What a coincidence, Mr. Wright," Trinity interjected suddenly, her face losing its smile. Her gaze turned stern and unhappy. "We too have a request to ask you and Mrs. Wright. I was hoping we talk about it foremost. It's high time we addressed this issue first."

Emily helped Neil to the bed, ignoring his perplexed and inquisitive stare. She walked a few steps and stood in front of the other woman, forcing her to look at her instead.

"Madam, please. Can we speak to you alone first? Please." Emily pleaded with them, darting her eyes between the two people.

However, neither Sean nor Trinity was affected by it. Fourteen years. They had searched for fourteen years and they had only found the twins now. They could not allow them to stay here any longer. Atanor needed them and they had to move to Atanor as early as possible if they wished to keep themselves as well as their family safe.

"I understand your sentiments, Mrs. Wright." Trinity took a step forward and smiled faintly. But her smile did not reach her eyes. "But I am sorry we can agree to this request of yours. We are here for a reason and I presume both you and Mr. Wright know it. It would be better that we get ahead with it and not drag this matter anymore. I would suggest that either you or your husband reveal the secret to your sons. Otherwise, I do not have any problems revealing them myself."

The boys' faces scrunched up in confusion suddenly. They could not comprehend the head or tail of their conversation and all they could do was stare at the four people questioningly.

"Trinity," Sean warned her and strode towards Emily who was obviously terrified.

"Mrs. Wright, you already must have sensed the situation by now. But let me give you a clear picture. Your children are in danger. Your boy has shown his abilities, albeit unknowingly and it would not be long before everyone among our kind would find out about Alan and Neil. Now it is up to you to choose."

Sean glanced at Jarett who at one point in time had made his way towards the front. "Either you can divulge the secret and protect your children or..." He did not even have to continue for the couple had understood what he wanted to convey. Although he was giving them a choice, they had no choices at all.

0