032
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From working with Ricardo so much, Lucas learned that the young cabin boy talked, but in general he spent more time in his inner world than paying attention to the conversation he was having in front of him, so he wasn't bothered by the little interest he had.

"Did the captain say anything else besides the course deviation?" Lucas asked with some interest in his own safety.

"Not that I remember...." Ricardo replied, placing more fuel tablets in the stove, "But I'll mention that we've spent a long time without seeing anything unusual in these waters"

Lucas stopped cooking and looked at Ricardo who was still working without paying attention to him, "In general, that's a bad sign..."

"Why? What's wrong with not meeting sea beasts?" Ricardo commented while he was hypnotized looking at the fire of the stove, "We have spent several months without finding anything strange, apart from your shipwreck and the fat man"

The swaying of the fire was reflected in Ricardo's face while he said, "The fat thing if he scared me... but it's been a long time without those personality changes that caused his death"

"I don't understand why they would be looking for something abnormal to happen in these waters"

"I suppose that we deviated more than necessary, and they should expect to see abnormal things" Lucas commented as he sat down to wait for the food to be cooked next to Ricardo, "if they could not think that we are over deep waters ....."

"Deep waters?" Ricardo murmured, already completely hypnotized by the fire and his internal world.

"That we are over deep waters!!!" The young boy shouted as spinning the threads of the problem, while he jumped from his chair and looked at Lucas, somewhat scared.

"These drunks are going to kill us, Lucas!!"

"Don't get so upset, there are many ways for deep water to form..." Lucas commented quietly as he watched the food not burn, "The only condition is that there is something that scares the sea creatures enough so that they do not want to live on them"

"And a good reason is that there is a Kraken swimming in them or a fucking whale that eats ships!" Ricardo shouted nervously.

"Yes..." Lucas commented "But it shouldn't be the case being so close to a safe route, it's probably just some corals that release poisonous gas for sea creatures and therefore avoid it, creating a deep water space"

"As it could also be an ancient battlefield full of bloodthirsty ghosts" Ricardo completed, quite annoyed to find out that he was worried about the captain.

"Whatever it is, we can only trust the captain..." Lucas muttered taking out the food from the fire "although to our misfortune he will probably double the number of people who stand guard on the night shift"

The two boys continued working, and soon the night came, unfortunately for the sailors, the captain did begin to add more people to watch the deck at night.

But being rookies, neither of them were selected to stand watch because they were able to sleep comfortably in their nets tonight.

0