033
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But because they were rookies, neither of them were selected to stand guard, so they were able to sleep comfortably in their nets tonight.

Most of the sailors in the cabin were quite nervous, many tried to sleep with the help of the waves, but the fear of the unknown had flooded the ship

"Adding more people to the night watch is never a good sign..." A more experienced sailor murmured to Ricardo to keep an eye out tonight.

For his part, Ricardo was trying to sleep, while he peeped at a rusty knife, which had been placed on the side of his trunk, ready to be used if things got messy.

Just like Ricardo, many more experienced sailors slept with their weapons ready, in case those above rang the alarm, which ended up causing a domino effect, increasing the panic of the sailors.

Many murmurs could be heard throughout the cabin.

"The last time we increased the guard was because of Adam's death and nothing ended up happening" said the lookout, trying to calm the atmosphere, but then he muttered under his breath "maybe Wily this is what happens when you don't explain why we increased the guard"

"Enough talk!! Everyone, go to sleep!!" Ron yelled, trying to control the situation.

"You better pay attention to me and sleep, bastards, because tomorrow is going to be a very busy day, with so many men on night watch." He then turned off the oil lamps that lit the cabins, allowing darkness to envelop the entire room.

The murmurs ceased and only the waves hitting the hull could be heard in the damp cabin.

Little by little, the sailors fell asleep as the ship rocked in the ocean.

Nestled in his net was Lucas, looking up at the ceiling boards contemplatively, he seemed calm, but his hands were shaking, as he remembered the night before the shipwreck.

But the physical exertion of the day and the safe atmosphere generated by sleeping in a group caused his eyelids to droop and his body to prepare for the next day.

Fortunately for all sailors, hysteria did not create ghosts in this world and nothing had happened in the night.

"Damn! I didn't sleep shit" Ricardo complained, while he cleaned the sailors' clothes together with Lucas.

"You would have listened to Ron" said Lucas, although he didn't sleep at all either.

"Yes.... But we have an advantage that the rest of the sailors don't have" Ricardo said with some cunning.

"That we can sneak into the kitchen while we cook some shit?" I try to guess Lucas.

"That's not what I meant... I meant that we are so unreliable for the captain, that he will never let us stand guard" Ricardo said with a big yawn.

"Although your idea was very good, what's more, when we finish this we start to make the craziest food we can think of and leave it cooking for 5 hours while we sleep"

Both boys gazed into each other's eyes tactically, like children agreeing to perform a prank.

0