039
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“And it wasn't the members of the church of the Pantheon who made the sacrifice…" Paulo said indifferently as he lit his pipe and took a long drag, “… I was the one who sacrificed the girls”

Ricardo froze, listening to the words of this old man who was in front of him.

“But why did you kill them?” Ricardo asked, trying to understand why this old man would reveal such information.

“By the wish of any man who sails these seas..." The helmsman replied calmly.

"... Power"

"Power to do what you want, when you want, where you want"

"Until one day you realize that it was worthless..."

"Because when you really needed all that power, I realized it wasn't enough"

"What a stupid way to throw my life overboard" Said the helmsman with a wry smile

"Don't feel bad for the girls" Lucas asked quietly.

"Mmmm… Layers two weeks ago… layers that's why I still kept those pistols" The helmsman answered, with some doubt "But now I realize, that they were just two more names in a long list of mistakes"

"Unfortunately, I could never accept the mistakes of my youth and I wasted what was left of my life trying to run away from them"

"If you want to learn something from me, then learn from this mistake because it was the biggest mistake I made in my life"

"Don't blame yourselves for your mistakes, after all we're just beasts trying not to be" Paulo said, looking at the two boys fixedly in their eyes "Like when they took those pistols, they didn't mind taking the path of betrayal or death"

"One of them picked up the wrong gun, and now he's going to have to live with that mistake for the rest of his life."

"You can run away from it and abandon the gun somewhere along the path of your life, but then you will realize that by throwing the gun away, you wasted so many opportunities in your life where you needed it, giving birth to another mistake”

"Better to accept the mistake and live" Paulo said, as if talking to himself, "When you die you will have time to repent"

"Now go to the cabins, in the following days I will tell you how to use that gun" Paulo said, expelling the two boys from the rudder area, without giving them time to continue talking.

The two boys went down somewhat lost, with the two boxes in their hands, on the way the boys of the night watch were still working.

"Do you think he told the truth?" Ricardo asked thoughtfully.

“Probably” Lucas muttered, "A cursed pistol and a divine pistol..."

"What are you going to do, if you touch the damn gun?" Richard asked.

"Keep her..." Lucas said, without giving it much thought.

"But he can kill you at any time" Ricardo said somewhat uncomfortably, "or do you plan to meet his requirements?"

"I only plan to remain free and not stop being…" Lucas said decisively "and for that it is better to have some tricks up my sleeve, the rest that is what the gods want"

“And if you get the damn gun, do you plan to keep it?”

“I don't know…” Ricardo said, “It's better not to think about it so much and just accept the mistake if that happens…”

0