040
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two boys arrived at the cabins with the boxes in their hands, hoping to be able to rest a bit in what was left of the night shift, but for his future misfortune Ron was awake, changing to go out to work on the deck.

Looking at the two boxes the boys were carrying, Ron got quite upset.

"Hey you two, stop there!!" Ron yelled, as he approached the two boys in half-dressed uniform, "Where did they steal those boxes from?"

"The helmsman gave them to us!" Ricardo answered hurriedly.

"Yes! They are just weapons, he gave them to us so that we can practice shooting" Lucas said a little nervously.

"Do you think I was born yesterday?" Ron said, looking once more at the boxes in the hands of the boys, as if to ensure that he wasn't making a mistake.

"You gang of thieves really want me to think that Paulo is going to give the remains of his daughters to two unknown boys"

"His daughters of his?! .... He killed his daughters?!" Ricardo asked, quite surprised.

"Shut the fuck up idiot, Paulo's bastard may be a badass womanizer, but not a murderer, he was forced to do it" Ron answered.

"But more importantly, how the hell do they know that?! ....they really weren't stolen?!" Ron said, as if realizing the problem, while he got a little nervous.

"Did you notice any change in attitude on the part of the helmsman or that he was half lost after giving you the boxes, as if he had forgotten something?"

"No…" Lucas replied, remembering the experience of what happened to the cook "The helmsman was smoking quietly, he seemed quite relaxed as we talked"

"I'm going to go check the situation, but..." Ron said looking at Lucas seriously "If something happens to Paulo, you're not going to get out of this so easily, I'm shipwrecked"

Lucas looked down at the floorboards, trying to escape the first officer's piercing gaze, though he surreptitiously glanced at the scar he had on his own leg...

"Now deliver these boxes" Ron said, stepping forward, snatching the boxes out of the hands of the boys before they could react.

"Hey, they're ours, bastard!" Ricardo yelled at Ron's back, who was walking away towards the exit of the cabins, "These are our gifts!!"

"Go to sleep, rookie!!" Ron yelled out the door.

The boys could only look at the back of rum walking away helplessly, while some sailors woken up by the screams looked at them with hatred.

"Don't think about it too much and go to sleep, guys" came the sleepy voice of the lookout, "there's a long day ahead"

The novices on board spoke no more, and each resignedly went to sleep in their nets.

But no matter how hard he tried, Lucas couldn't sleep because of the nerves caused by Ron's words before leaving, he knew he hadn't done anything, nor did he intend to, but that doesn't mean he's blameless as to have a clear conscience...

0