0.1) A Player’s Intercede
100 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Y'know, I think for someone trapped playing a game for potentially eternity I've been pretty chill about the whole thing. Like, it's not the worst game a gal could find herself inside, y'know? I mean, I could be killed by anyone at anytime for any reason that I may have not even been aware of but at least there's a lot of replay ability! Some games you play once and that's it, the same game every time, and that honestly sounds worse. The same thing, over and over and over and over and over again until you go crazy! But-

Oh, yeah. I was supposed to be having a lil explain corner, y'know, for any newbies out there who end up like me. No idea how they'd get access to this even if I did make it, maybe I already have gone crazy from being stuck here now that I consider I may just be having an entire conversation with myself over the possibility of even communicating with an actual human being again despite not knowing how long I've been stuck here or if my body is even still potentially functioning.

Hm.

Well, anywhosies, this is the professionally unprofessional overlook of my favorite game... wait, for it... 《Lovely Waltz》!!!!!!

《Lovely Waltz》 is a procedurally generated fantasy life simulation game made by ... actually I don't know who the developers are and they better hope it stays that way! It centers around you, the Player Character, and your navigation of the various political and social landscapes you must traverse as a young aristocratic lady to find a proper marriage partner before your graduation and subsequent debut, all with randomly generated love interests, a stat-building system, an entire world to explore post-game (apparently but I haven't made it there yet, lol), and a guaranteed unique playthrough for every time you start up!

And yes, I did think of that entire game description on my own, no sponsorship or anything! Now, as with any game there's pros and cons to it, which are honestly on somewhat equal terms.

Pros:

  • Amazing graphics, everyone looks totally real and hell attractive, unless they're not supposed to be attractive. Then they're... ugly.
  • Living, breathing world! Literally! 
  • Never gets boring! Something is different in every playthrough, from your kingdom, your and your family's situation, to the love interests! It's always something new!
  • Total character customization! (excluding a few things) You can decide everything about your PC to their physical appearance, to their classes, and their style of dress! Definitely for the guys, gals, and others who like spending hours in Create-A-Sim!
  • Dynamic & Interesting NPCs! With the random generation of NPCs, your classmates, teachers, love interests, and especially your maid are always changing and developing relationships with each other, changing the landscape everyday! Great for potential story writing, I could write multiple dramas about some of the things I've witnessed!

Cons:

  • Steep learning curve! Listen, you will die for your first 5 playthrough before you get the full gist of how everything works and affects your story. The stat system, boon system, and curse system don't get explained at all and you just gotta figure it our yourself, which may turn a lot of people off on this game.
  • Limited Autonomy! For a life simulation game, you're kinda limited in some of the choices you can make. Like, your Player Character's personality is fully randomized based on your appearance at first and it takes a while to attempt to change it to fit how you wanna play them, which limits your actions with other characters, but it is great for roleplaying purposes.
  • No difficulty choice! Your difficulty is fully randomized based on your Player Character and their status, which is really annoying when you want to attempt to have a chill playthrough, it's kinda impossible.
  • Crazy! No, all the love interests are always crazy and usually the ones killing you so that may turn people off of marrying any of them, but you can also turn a regular NPC into a marriage partner, but I recommend making sure you can protect them because... they'll be murdered no cap.
  • You can't stop playing! Literally! You can't quit or save or anything, you just keep going and going. So make sure you have hella free time for this game! Or that you tell the developers to fix the bug, if it is a bug.

All in all, I think it's worth a try if you're ready to just dive in and hunker down to figure everything out. Who knows, I could make some guides on this to pass the time or something! Closing remarks and all that, I think this is a good game for anyone willing to put in the work to understand how it all works. It's just a fun experience overall, barring the murder and tone of dread you get on occasion.

This was the 《Lovely Waltz》 Consumer Report from a veteran player, remember to play responsibly~

i wanted to try this style of chapter as a lil interruption and introduction to the technically actual main character. lemme know in the comments if you guys liked this or not. lots o loves

Would You Like To Play 《Lovely Waltz》?
  • Yes Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No Votes: 3 33.3%
Total voters: 9
2