Chapter 21
146 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam's residence

It's been two days since Adam's meeting with the Stollers. He's currently laying down on a lounge chair in his backyard, waiting for his hopefully last guest. Lady Magdalena Von Der Meer. A chosen special talent, just like him, who is also Robert's patron. 

He was dressed in a pair of silk boxer underwear only. They had no swimwear in Aurora despite the fact they have swimming pools for leisure. They mostly went naked or with their underwear. Adam guessed this was due to the slime mixture they use to coat some of the more expensive clothes to make them water/stain proof. 

A while later, his maid interrupts his sun napping session to inform him of the arrival of his guest along with her plus one. He assumed her plus one was Robert himself. Something Adam was glad for as he wanted to have Noemi shadow him to learn the tricks of the trade. 

Getting up, he puts on his black silver-trimmed silk robe along with his suede slippers. He was currently alone. Elena was busy with Charlotte Stoller, picking out the four recruits. David and Jason, the new attendant and also lover of Elena, were currently meditating inside the residence. He only had the two maids, Cat and Wolf, accompanying him. 

A few minutes later, he spots Wolf leading a young lady along with a middle-aged man. The young lady's face was a mix of noble and demure, prompting feelings of protectiveness and worship all at once. She was wearing a white maxi dress with a slit at her left thigh, showing her slim leg. The dress made one think she was attending a wedding of some sort. She had her blond hair come down on her right shoulder. Wavy and glittering slightly in the sun. Her hands were covered by long white gloves that reached up to her elbows. Along with the white high-heels, she presented a picture of a beautiful woman. 

Adam thought it weird she dressed up when he made sure to tell Robert that he was hoping for an informal meeting. Internally shrugging, he waited for the Lady and her plus one to arrive. He was in his robe, hands behind his back, waiting for them.

A few seconds later, he's face to face with the woman herself. They both gaze at each other, brown eyes into blue eyes. A silent moment passes before Adam welcomes them. 

"Welcome to my modest abode Lady Magdalena. I ask for your forgiveness if things are not to your taste. It is merely a place for me to rest my head. A temporary dwelling so to speak."

The Lady extends her hands towards Robert, who passes her a paper fan. She opens the fan with a drawing of a roaring sea on it to cover her mouth, then giggles in response to Adam. "Please do not worry Sir Adam. It must be quite the hassle to get yourself situated in a new environment."

Adam internally rolls his eyes at the show she's putting on. He shoots a glance at Robert, who gives him a wry smile. "Robert! My dear friend. I haven't gotten news from you lately. You made me sick with worry. Ask my maids. I could not sleep until news of your well-being reached me. Please, go rest inside while I speak with Lady Magdalena here. I have a favor to ask of you later. Nothing big, I assure you. A man of your talents will be able to handle it with no problems." He approaches Robert, giving him a half-hug while directing him towards the mansion. He waves Wolf over to accompany the man back inside.

Robert looks at his patron, silently asking for her opinion. Receiving a message from her gaze, he looks at Adam. "Of course, Sir Adam. I'll be waiting inside for your conversation to finish. It would be my honor to accomplish any favor you wish of me."

Adam understood that Robert replied as so simply because his patron told him to. He was nonetheless unconcerned. As long as he gets what he wants, their intentions do not matter. Unless they try to play him for a fool, in which case he will...take time to plan a countermeasure. He's not a rash idiot after all.

Adam nods with a satisfied look. "Great! You can ask my maids for anything you may need while waiting. Refreshments and the like will be provided to you while your patron and I are conversing."

Seeing Robert follow his maid, Adam then turns back to his current guest. "Please Lady Magdalena, no need to stand around. Come, we will find a more appropriate place to speak." He directs her further away from the mansion to a recently built wooden gazebo with various vines of fruit plants growing along with it. 

Adam heads to one side of a table placed in the middle of the gazebo while picking some grapes along the way. He pops one in his mouth and spits the seeds to the side, causing Magdalena's eyes to twitch at the display. He did not miss the reaction. He sits at the table while gesturing at the opposite seat. There were already refreshments ready on the table.

"Please, have a seat." He pours himself some Hennessy. "Help yourself to any of the refreshments. If you don't mind alcohol, you may try this." He points at the flask. "It's a drink I brought with me from my world. One of my favorites; it's called Hennessy."

Magdalena nods graciously. "I would not mind tasting it." She looks at the Cat maid standing behind the seated Adam. Sensing her strength, she remarks. "It seems that your servants are lacking." The Cat maid's face remained stoic as if she hadn't heard her. 

"If you want, I know a good place to pick servants to suit your needs. If you're lucky, you may even find some downtrodden magi every once in a while. The majority are knights. The good thing is that while they're part of the council, they don't work for them, unlike the servants provided to you. Of course, they're servants, not slaves. They may have some demands or requirements for you to fulfill before they offer you their loyalty. Nothing out of the ordinary."

Adam raises an eyebrow while pushing a glass of brandy towards her. "Oh? As a matter of fact, I am indeed looking for servants or subordinates. The ones provided by the council..." He shoots a glance at Cat. "While professional, they're not sturdy enough for some of my 'needs'. Can you give me some examples of demands and requirements you've come across? If it's not too extreme, I may have to trouble you to introduce me to the place."

Magdalena takes a small sip of the drink and shakes her head. She pushes the glass away from her. Adam's lips twitch at the scene. He takes the glass from her and adds it to his drink. He would not waste what little he had left of his favorite brandy. Magdalena was slightly shocked at his action. She pauses for a moment, then ignores the act to instead answer his previous query. 

"The requirements are typically for you to take care of their family should anything happen to them. It usually centers around such matters. Either provide safety or resources to their loved ones in exchange for their permanent employment. They are typically older or less talented knights and magi who wish to pave a way for their loved ones using their own lives. Admirable really. Of course, there are also some outliers that have their own reasons. If you'd like, we could go visit the place today."

Adam takes a sip of his drink while thinking over her offer. He would not mind going there now. They can still speak during their outing after all. He looks at her. "Sure. I would like to go and visit the place." 

He looks at Cat. "Go tell David to get ready. I'll have him accompany me. Tell Jason to stay put." The maid wordlessly nods and heads back to the mansion. Adam turns back to his guest. 

"Did you have this in mind before coming here? Is there something you want to show me at the place you're taking me to? I do not mind. I am just asking out of curiosity." 

Magdalena looks at him for a moment, then opens her mouth. "Yes, I did plan this. I do not have any convoluted goal. I simply wished to perform this as a favor, hoping you would reciprocate when I have something I need from you."

He raises an eyebrow at her answer. "While I do appreciate your candor. I do not believe something as trivial as this can be considered a favor. I doubt you're the only one able to introduce me to the place. Sooner or later, I would've found out about it. Regardless, if you do have something you need, you can ask me. I'm not someone who'd dismiss an opportunity to befriend someone as long as the cost/benefit is reasonable."

Magdalena nods at his statement. "Indeed. I do not expect any payment for something as simple as this. And I do not have anything I need from you at the moment. I just believe in making friends. Making friends now can potentially save you down the line. People with our status are..." She pauses a moment. 

"Eccentric would be the best way to put it. Some are arrogant or simply people who do not perform well in social matters. Regardless. To the majority of them, socializing is not something they consider worthy of their time. They believe themselves above such things. A mentality I disagree with. Of course, that does not apply to all of them, only the majority." She looks at Adam, trying to guess his stance. Unable to get anything, she continues. 

"The council heads have expectations from us. Because of said expectations, the chosen talents believe themselves above the common rabble and should not mingle around. I believe in the opposite. That talented people helping each other can achieve more than regular people working together can. For some unknown reason, they act as if it's a competition. I wish to gather like-minded individuals and put our efforts together to hopefully accomplish what the few can't, and maybe provide each other a safety net in case of trouble." 

Adam nods at her statements. "I agree. People are not perfect. Us humans are social creatures to begin with. But you seem to be mistaken about something. I can tell from your bearing that you're from noble origins. The people you're talking about are, in my opinion, researchers. I like to believe myself to be a part of that group. No matter my shortcomings. Rare is the scientist who does not mind sharing his work with others. Along with knowledge comes arrogance and hubris." He pauses for a moment.

He then continues. "It is wisdom that allows one to look past their own goals and greed for fame and join hands with others. Intelligence and wisdom are independent of each other, unfortunately. Of course, some are just eccentric. In this case, they simply do not think too deeply about such matters. These people should be treated like dogs with attention deficit problems. Dangle some treats, and they'll follow you." He shakes his head with a sigh. He then looks at her. "I'm guessing the reason you were chosen as a special student was not due to your intelligence, no offense."

Magdalena shakes her head. "None taken. And you're right. I was chosen due to my high affinity with the fire element. It was Principal Blue who approached my family some decades ago, while I was still young. He sensed my unconscious use of the element and took me under his wing. He said I have an even higher affinity with it than he does." She said with a slight tone of pride in her voice. She then continues. 

"So what do you propose to my dilemma? Should I disregard the potential benefits of joining hands simply because they're short-sighted? It would make me short-sighted as well."

Adam shakes his head. "You're looking at everything the wrong way. It is normal, given the fact you lack information regarding the bigger picture. Making friends and whatnot is useful only if you plan to remain as you are. If you join the ranks of the council heads, what use do those friendships bring you? By virtue of your status, if you breakthrough, you could gain any number of followers that would benefit you more than any of those current friendships can." 

He looks at her for a moment. "Do you even have a path planned to the higher ranks? Or do you have ideas and guesses you want to look into? You should focus on yourself instead of socializing and whatnot. I understand that researching may not be your forte. In this case, do not try to aim for people of similar status to help you. As you previously said, it is tiresome to deal with them. Recruit smart people of lower status who can provide you with outside perspectives and different ideas so that you may potentially breakthrough. Once and if you do breakthrough, your social circle will change, and you will see that those who dismissed your efforts previously do not matter as much as you thought. I haven't even started my path as a magus, and I have a possible path planned. I do expect the unexpected, of course, but I have it planned nonetheless."

Magdalena looked at him for a moment. "While I do not wish to discuss my private matters...I do indeed have potential ideas I'd like to try."

Adam asks her in return. "Why have you not tried them yet?"

She shakes her head. "Some of them are because I lack a key resource while others simply do not feel right at the moment."

He responds. "How long have you been in this situation? I don't believe the council will not provide you with what you need if you tell them there's a possibility of your breaking through."

She pours herself a cup of tea in silence. After taking a sip, she responds. "It is rude to ask about a Lady's age." Adam looks at her in astonishment, surprised at her nonsensical answer. She ignores his bewilderment and continues. "But you're right. It has been a while. I guess I never realized I was getting comfortable with my current position." She sighs.

She looks up at the sky for a moment. "With time, you lose your drive to improve. As long as your life is not in danger, you get satisfied with whatever you've achieved. It's very rare for the council to take away one's status. Now that I look back..." She pauses.

"I'm ashamed to admit that I may have taken advantage of Principal Blue's fondness for me. Realizing the risk for me to lose my privileges is low, I may have focused on the wrong things." She looks away with slight shame on her face.

The look of shame, along with her physical attributes, could cause most men to want to fight the cause of her worries. Adam did not care one bit for her beauty. Or rather, he admired it, but it did not make him act in any kind of way. He nods at her. 

"Understandable. It is easier to gain bad habits than good habits. Losing your drive was bound to happen as you spend time living in luxury, especially if someone as powerful as Principal Blue favored you. Do not get me wrong. While I believe socializing and the like is currently a waste of time for you, it is not without merits. As long as your focus remains on improving yourself, you can act as you wish. It is the intention and the resulting benefits that matter. Improving yourself is the goal here."

He looks at her for a moment. "I hope you understand that I'm not some sort of psychologist at your disposal. While I do not mind advising you, I expect something in return."

Magdalena places the cup back on the plate and looks at Adam. She taps her gloved finger on the table. She had no problems with his demand, she came here to befriend him in the first place. Using this as an excuse to offer a favor would be beneficial to her goal. "Please, go ahead. While not what I was looking for when I came here, I appreciate the eye-opening conversation. As long as it's reasonable, I may agree to a single demand of yours."

Adam looks at her with slight admiration. Not many people can appreciate the value of good advice or counseling. While the previous conversation does not fit the bill, it does not matter. As long as she's gained something from it, it could be considered as such. People instinctively shy away from uncomfortable conversations, preferring to stay in their comfort zones until regret knocks on their door. 

He has a few of such regrets. It is why he tends to go on a tangent when speaking with someone. While he's not a sage himself, such pieces of advice are typically universal. He's not a bad person. As long as he does not lose anything, or he can gain something, he does not mind throwing some advice here and there. While he does not know Magdalena personally, her goal of befriending him is enough for him to give her some chicken soup for the soul. She did not seem lost or confused, only focusing on the wrong goals. 

"Great. I have an upcoming mission issued by the council. The goal is to annex a middle-tier cultivation world. It will be my first mission. As confident as I am, I do not want anything to go wrong. If you can join, I would appreciate it." 

He did not ask for anything extravagant, as he's aware that he only spouted some advice anyone with a head on their shoulders can provide. Instead, he'd rather have the help of an experienced magus along for his first mission. No matter how smart he believes himself to be, this will be a first for him. Having an experienced magus accompany him can only be beneficial. He does not care for the loss of potential benefits. Treating this as a learning experience is valuable in and of itself. 

He's aware that Elena also has experience under her belt, but more sources of knowledge will only ensure that he gets a more comprehensive learning opportunity. All knowledge is good knowledge, even if it's redundant. The basics aren't something to be overlooked.

Magdalena raised an eyebrow at his request. "You do realize that if I join, I will be entitled to some of the benefits. Magi gain a fraction of the resources from annexed worlds provided by the council. While the majority go to the council, you still gain a portion. With me present, you'll have to provide me with a portion as well. Of course, I do not care for such things, but it is within my right to take it. You do not yet have such a source of revenue. Are you willing to part with some from your first world?" 

Adam waved away her question. "Whatever I may need, the council provides. As for subordinates? I do not have enough for it to be a concern of mine. Resources are only valuable if they are used. Having them sit in my coffers is effectively reducing their value. Learning from an experienced magus such as yourself on the other hand? It is more valuable than what I could gain from the world. That may change in the future, but for now? I'd prefer having you accompany me to prevent any mishaps. I'm not experienced enough in such matters to be comfortable having my attendant only." 

Magdalena nodded at his remark. "I understand. I do not mind accompanying you. Do keep in mind that you will owe me one. Having me accompany you on an off-world mission, no matter how easy, is a more valuable payment than the advice you've provided me."

Adam shamelessly waved her statement away. "Please, Lady Magdalena! What are such trifles between friends like us? Look." He points at a pitiful bread basket with only two pieces of ripped bread in it placed on the table. "We've broken bread already! Some cultures would consider us almost family at this point. What are favors between us?"

Magdalena looked at Adam and the breadbasket speechlessly. "Did you place this on the table beforehand just to use this line?"

Adam looked far in the distance. He conveniently ignored her question and remarked. "Look! My maid is back with my attendant. Let's go. We shall head to the place you've mentioned previously." He gets up without waiting for her answer.

Magdalena looked in the direction he was gazing in. She can barely spot the maid walking along with the attendant. Astonished at his shamelessness, she speechlessly followed Adam as he speed-walked towards his subordinates.

Two hours later.

Adam was now seated in a carriage with Magdalena. They were in a carriage provided by Magdalena herself. Accompanying them were two attendants, one from each of them. They were seated at the front, in charge of the horses while Adam was inside with Magdalena. Robert stayed back in the mansion. Adam was still dressed in his silk robe, unwilling to change into something more appropriate despite Magdalena's urgings. 

They were leaving the vicinity of a tier 7 city in the water domain. The cities in the water domain resided on islands of various sizes. Said islands were grouped together to form various archipelagos spread around the ocean and coastline of the massive singular landmass to provide access to land and ocean simultaneously.

Magdalena looked grudgingly at Adam. "I believe you should have dressed more appropriately. What would others think, seeing you walk around in a house robe?"

Adam smacked his lips at her dissatisfaction. "Despite your age, you're surprisingly naive." Ignoring her glare at the mention of her age, he continues. "You should understand that while the clothes do indeed make the person, the temperament matters even more. As long I walk with confidence, what does my attire matter. Of course, this doesn't count if I walk around dressed like a clown, but as I am now? No one would dare speak as long as I project authority. Under the yoke of true power, your looks do not matter."

He looks her up and down. "Even if you have noble origins, you're a magus now. Under the rule of the council as I understand it, nobility does not matter. Do not get me wrong. I do love to dress up and look the part of a sharp, handsome, smart, inspiring man. Today though? I'm feeling lazy. I'm quite the lazy man when I want to be. You're lucky I'm wearing underwear under my robe, or you would have gotten a nice view of my family jewels. Nice enough for me to charge you. Ask Robert. He got quite the eyeful. For free might I add." He ignored his companion's bewildered gaze, opting to look at the scenery outside instead. 

Magdalena shook her head at his shamelessness. "I did not peg you for a shameless man when I met you earlier."

Adam shoots her a sideways glance. "Shameless? I'm afraid you're wrong. I just don't care enough. When I dress nicely? I do it for myself. Not others. I like nice things, and I like comfort. Were I in a weaker position, I may care enough to look the part of a person of higher standing. But now? My status is below only the council heads. Why would I care how others view me? As long I as wear this." He points at the badge denoting his status pinned to his chest. "People will respect me, even if I walked around naked. You should know this better than I do."

Magdalena shook her head at him. "While I agree, people will still speak and judge you based on your appearance. Nobody will want to follow someone sloppy."

Adam snorts at her. "You're wrong. Nobody will want to follow a poor person. This robe is made of treated silk. I'd rather hire someone with the eye to spot quality than one that looks at the attire. Please don't act as if a nice suit, or dress in your case, will suddenly inspire loyalty or admiration in someone worth their salt. If it does, stay away from such idiots. These kinds of people will reflect badly on you, even more so than a poor attire will. I'd rather be alone and naked than well dressed and surrounded by idiots." 

He stops and adds. "Figuratively speaking, of course."

Speechless at his rhetoric, Magdalena shakes her head and doesn't bother answering back. Each person has a different view of how they should conduct themselves. As long as they don't negatively affect others, who's to say they're wrong? She understands his logic, but she doesn't have it in her to follow it. She prefers to look as noble as her heritage demands. While her family has sold the previous domains that granted them their nobility to move into Aurora, they are still a noble family multiple generations old. It will take more than one shameless Adam to overwrite her upbringing, not that she wants to. She's happy with the way she presents herself.

Adam turned back to the window after his tirade. Ever since he's arrived in Aurora, he's been feeling different. If he had to put it in words, it would be that he gained or regained a certain joie de vivre. Back in his homeworld, he was...jaded? No. He simply desired more than what life had to offer. 

Now that's he's in Aurora, he's been feeling more energetic. He's regained some of that pep he had in his youth. Granted, the younger body may have affected him slightly, but it would not matter unless he embraced the change. And embrace it he did. 

He never was a stickler for manners and whatnot. The one thing that has been present ever since his younger days was his distaste of losing in any shape or form. That has transformed to looking at benefits in anything he does in his older age. As you grow older, the definition of losing and winning changes. Benefits gained and lost become the main thing to look out for. Or it is as such in his case. 

The society he lived in back on Earth did not focus on physical strength. It focused on more material pursuits. A fact that has affected the way he views life while changing his desire of always winning to a desire of gaining the most he can without losing too much in return. Traveling to a society where strength and plundering are the norms forced that youthful vigor to come back. In human society, the old were not meant to fight. It is on the shoulders of the young that the future resided. And Adam's future belonged to himself only. 

Looking back at his traveling companion, he asks her. "Where are we headed to exactly, and why is it so out the way? I assumed we'd go to some sort of agency."

Magdalena shook her head. "Although you're not wrong, the place we're headed to does not provide servants only. It is the only place in Aurora where gambling and the like are allowed. Even if cities all have brothels available for common people and magi alike, this city is specifically made for one to indulge in vices and other unspeakable matters. It is inaccessible by teleportation to prevent regular citizens from having access to it. It is a city made for magi and knights only. The council knows that repressing their people too much will lead to problems down the line, even if you include all the off-world missions available. Sometimes, one wants to decompress at home instead of off-world. This city's services are all targeted at knights and magi. Brothel workers are stronger, gambling is permitted under the supervision of the council, and one can hire servants or buy prisoners for any of their experimental needs. Those are only some of the services available."

Adam shot her a look. "And you wanted to act as if you were doing me a favor for something so widely known? You may be even more shameless than me."

Magdalena looked away. "Even if you knew about the city, you'd need to find the right person for the right needs. Hiring a guide will only take you to the most popular place, not the most appropriate." She looked back at him. "The place I'm taking you to has people that are more..." she pauses, searching for the right words.

"The people are more open to some extreme demands. Or rather, some of them like the idea of it but do not wish to advertise it for all to know. Hence this place was created. I believe those kinds of people, even if weird, are more dependable. Taking advantage of their quirks can enforce loyalty in them more easily than a regular person. Or I like to believe so. Their minds aren't normal to begin with, so who's to say if I'm right or wrong?"

Adam raises an eyebrow at her words. "Quirks? What do you mean?"

Magdalena blushes slightly but answers nonetheless."The sexual kind. Most of them fall under this umbrella." She composes herself, then continues. "Of course, some of them may have unusual conditions or situations that does not fall under the sexual kind, but the majority of them, in addition to the regular demands, have weird quirks."

Adam looked at her speechlessly. "Are you taking me to an S&M club? What kind of pervert are you to take me there at our first meeting? And what kind of pervert would be there but still think of taking care of their families? I'm not looking to hire a degenerate. I want someone with some modicum of skill and talent or life experience at the very least."

Unfortunately, Adam did not know of Magdalena's peculiar taste. Had he met her in her domicile, he may have guessed after seeing her gimp-suited servants...But Robert did not mention it, or rather, there's no right way to broach such a topic.

Magdalena looked at Adam appalled. "Pervert?! How dare you?! You do not know me. What gives you the right to judge me?!"

Adam gave her a deadpan look. "I am sorry. You're right. I will wait to arrive at the place, and then I will judge you."

Magdalena huffed in displeasure. "If you don't wish for my advice, simply say so. No need to act in such an unpleasant manner."

Adam shook his head at her nonsense. "You're dressed and act like a noble lady but are taking me to an S&M club. What nonsense are you spouting? But you're right. I may be wrong, and we're heading to an utterly professional and bright-looking place with no leather whips and chains." He gave her a look, hoping to be proven wrong while simultaneously daring her to disprove him.

Magdalena looked away while muttering inaudibly. Adam spoke to her. "What was that? Speak louder."

She breathed in before speaking. "The chains and whips are not openly displayed at the entrance."

Adam was speechless for a moment. "That is your answer? That the chains and whips are not displayed? In what way does this not sound perverted?"

Magdalena huffed and crossed her arms. "Who's to say what's perverted or not? Everybody has their own taste and kinks. Who are you to decide what's perverted or not?"

Adam was unable to retort. She was right. "I apologize. You are right. Whatever happens in the confine of your privacy is none of my business, and everyone has a right to their own kinks without being judged, as long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone." She looked mollified at his apology, but he wasn't done. 

"BUT! You have to agree that taking someone you met for the first time to an S&M club, or whatever it is, may cause you to be branded as a pervert at worst and a weirdo at best. Do you agree? By the way, in my mind, right now?" He pointed at her face. "You're a weirdo."

She was back to being shocked, before falling silent for a moment. "I can understand your point. I may have not thought things through when I made my decision. I would however appreciate it if you did not brand me as a weirdo."

Adam shook his head at her. "I will brand you in whatever way I wish. It's my mind, and I'm free to my thoughts just as how you're free to enjoy your kinks. I won't say it out loud if you don't want me to, but from now on? You're officially a weirdo. I mean, you're taking me, a stranger, to an S&M club on our first meeting. That's weirdo territory right there." She huffed in displeasure and looked away from him. He did not care and continued.

"I can't believe someone with your looks has such a kink...You look so noble and demure. It is true what they say; the quiet ones are the craziest in bed." He chuckles at her affronted look.

"Either way. I do need to hire someone who is fine with fulfilling my sexual needs on top of their regular responsibilities, so it's not a bad idea to head there, as long as I can find someone slightly sane...We'll see what the place has to offer."

She huffs, still not looking at him. She mutters to herself. "You're the weirdo. Shameless man. No respect. Classless. Walks around in a robe and slippers and dares to point a finger at me. Hmpf!" 

Adam shakes his head at her while inwardly thinking. 'Is this what they call young at heart? She's supposed to be older than I am. Is this what happens to the long-lived? The more time they live the more they revert to their younger self? Is it out of boredom, to keep their minds active? Meh, who knows.' 

He silently thinks, unaware of himself slowly but surely changing in this new environment. Humans are adaptable after all, whether we like it or not. 'Well, let's see what a sex club looks like. Especially one where you can hire servants. I'm curious as to how they showcase themselves.' 

He looks at the sprawling ocean from inside the carriage, ignoring his sulking companion. 

He freezes all of a sudden. 'Wait, the place she's described at the mansion is different from the place she's taking me to...Did she spontaneously decide to take me to an S&M club?' He shoots her a glance. 'Weirdo indeed.'

*************************************************

Author's note: Heya peeps. Long time no post. It feels like a long time to me at least. Here we have the mistress of gimps meet with our MC. Adam thought he was meeting a special talent, with all the fanfare that comes with it only to end up with a noble lady who's into BDSM. I mean nothing wrong with that but...expectations amirite? More will be discussed regarding her next chapter. As for Adam changing as I mentioned in the chapter. It is only natural given the change of environment. The weak adapt to their environment. It is the strong who change their environment to suit them and our Mc is not at that level yet. Next chapter is also where we'll meet some perverts. What kind? I'm not sure. We'll see as inspiration hits. The next chapter won't take as long as this one to post...hopefully.

P.S. I decided for Magdalena to accompany our Mc to his generic xianxia expedition. I feel it would be appropriate if I want a little bit of chaos thrown in there. A fiery, BDSM mistress, noble lady going to a world with young masters present? What could go wrong? Hopefully, I can do it justice.

Leave reviews, comments, likes, etc, etc.

Lazy, Out!

0