The Other Side of You
76 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The result of the student council selection was displayed in front of the school entrance the next day. All with the information that the first council meeting would happen during the break time. Renge already knew the result as she did not tell Suzuyuki yet because she wanted to see the girl’s surprised face. That, and she was still feeling embarrassed upon hearing the interview of the first year. The silver-haired girl did look very happy as she even gave Renge a soft hug. “Here’s to spending more time with my onee-sama,” she whispered close to Renge’s ears, making her all flustered. “People are watching us-” The third year tried to relax Suzuyuki down, as the girl just smiled innocently while letting go of the hug. “You know where the student council room’s located, right? It’s on the third floor.” Suzuyuki nodded, as not long after, her classmates who also made it approached her, and they went on congratulating each other. “See you all during break time.” Renge then excused herself as she walked towards her classroom, leaving the first years celebrating their new position.

 

As she walked up the stairs during the recess, Suzuyuki recalled that she had never really been in the Student Council room. Her onee-sama was the President of the AMC, as well as the Treasury so Renge was the one that manage her own club budget, under the supervision of the Club Advisor. The Student Council Room was just slightly bigger than the AMC clubroom, as the Council was not a big one. Suzuyuki eventually noticed that only six first-years were chosen from the interview when they were fully gathered. The club president was the one that greeted them herself as she waited in front of the door and welcomed them in. 

 

The first years were seated in the front seat as they were the ones that needed to be briefed the most. As they had introduced themselves during the interview, there was no self-introduction session for the new members. Instead, the President was the one that stood from her chair and presented herself before she started the meeting.

“Good afternoon, new members of the student council. Thank you for taking your time for the first meeting. You all definitely know me from the student welcome speech at the beginning of the year, and for class 1-A whom I personally interview, but I’ll introduce myself once more. My name’s Kamishita Chisato, and I am your Student Council President. For the next couple of weeks, at least.” The blonde said while smiling, as the first-years chuckled at it. They already knew that the President was pretty cheerful after all, which was one of the many reasons she was so popular (on top of many other things).

The Vice President was the one who introduced himself next. Contrary to the cheerful Chisato, he was more on the cool side, as he generally dealt with things in the background. “The name is Kenzaki Eiji.” He said before he briefly explained to the new members how the VP was basically the one that lost the election last year. Which was why perhaps, he felt like Chisato’s rival. With how he also had the drive to help the students, the decision to make the losing party the Vice President had been beneficial for Amanohara. The first years took note of the information just in case they wanted to step up as a candidate in the future. 

 

Other members of the Student Council also introduced themselves, including the second year that also interviewed Suzuyuki back then. He was apparently the Secretary and was from class 2-B (in which Suzuyuki remembered it to be in the same class as Miyano-senpai). 

 

When it was the Treasurer's turn, Renge could feel that the first years were so excited to see her. That was especially true from class 1A, on top of Suzuyuki's intense stare itself. Trying to brush it off (and assure herself that it was just because she was the last and they were waiting for the introduction session to be over), she eventually introduced herself to the first years. 

Little did she know that Suzu's classmates were excited to see the third year that their adored Yanagi-san looked up to.  And, as the self-conscious Renge was upholding her image during the meeting, she looked pretty cool and confident, that it was no wonder Yanagi-san would admire her.

 

    The Student Council immediately discussed the first job of the new members, which was to make sure that the Presidential Election went well. It was one of the reasons that they pre-emptively recruit new members while the current Student Body was still active; they needed all the help they can get since the event would be schoolwide. It also included finding the two candidates from the second year, to be nominated for the election by the students. One of the first years asked, “What happens if there are more than two members that want to be a candidate?” It seemed like he was planning to nominate himself for the next year. 

“In order to maintain the focus for the election, the candidates will be pre-emptively voted within the student council itself. Consider it warming up for socialising and campaigning within the smaller Council before going to the public.” 

Kenzaki explained coolly as the first-years took note. The other members who were not applying for the candidates would help in making sure all students participated in the election process. That meant involving themselves starting from the socialising process itself and also setting up relevant information on the school homepage. The candidates would campaign for awareness on their own, but the entire Student Council body would be the one responsible to make the Election process a proper and fair one. 

 

The new members clearly did not expect to have their work on the first day itself. In order to ensure that the division of jobs was done properly, they were also assigned to their posts on the first day itself so that the team leaders could explain the general job scopes with the election campaign as a reference. As she was already filed the preferred position during the interview itself, Chisato assigned Yanagi Suzuyuki to the Treasury immediately.  The silver-haired girl was so excited about it when she observed that Renge was so serious in the student council. The ‘Treasurer’ onee-sama was so different from the playful ‘AMC President’ onee-sama, which was actually so cool.

 

    After the meeting was over, the new members were given 30 minutes of break time to have their lunch, since they still needed to return to the class for the remainder of the school time. The Student Council had secured some of the food from the cafeteria, as each student mingle with either their classmates or the leader of the division. Suzuyuki naturally sat beside Renge to eat the late lunch together with her onee-sama, although it caused the rest of the students from 1-A to follow suit. It was clearly one of the longest 30 minutes of Renge’s life as she blushed all the time. 

 

As time passed, Chisato picked up the microphone as she announced the end of the meeting, thanking each new member for their participation. The students all returned to their class, including the third years. Although, before Renge left the room, she managed to overhear Chisato asking Suzuyuki to come back to the Council room after school. Suzuyuki assumed that it was for the Council homework, and so she agreed about it. The girl was happy to be able to help, after all. Not to mention, she shared responsibility with her onee-sama. 

Renge on the other hand got suspicious as there was practically no reason for Chisato to call on Suzuyuki after school. Since it was just the first day, there was no Council work to be done at home. The suspicion lingered in the classroom as Renge could find herself glaring at Chisato at times. 

 

As soon as the school bell rang, Renge followed her classmate to the Student Council room. She waited in the alleyway so that neither Chisato nor Suzuyuki would notice her around, and when the first year finally entered the room. Renge brought her ears closed as due to the fact that the door was tightly shut, she could not hear anything. Peeking in the window also did not help as she could not process what they were talking about. Only the fact that Chisato was laughing while shaking Suzuyuki’s hands. Not long after, to the purple-haired girl’s surprise, they actually walked towards the entrance. It was unexpectedly such a short meeting, that caught Renge on guard as Chisato opened the door.
“Oh, Ren-chan? What are you doing?” the blonde asked with a smile, although from her tone it seemed like she knew what her classmate was all about. 

“Ah, I… sort of left something behind in my room. Ah yes, my ruler, I’ll need it for the homework.” The panicked girl started to find an excuse for it. “What about you two? What are you talking about?” she could not help but ask about her suspicion. 

“I just want to get to know her better. Want to join?” 

 

    Renge was totally not jealous of Chisato as they visited the pizza place located not far from the school. The blonde girl seemed to choose the place so that they could talk for long before the food arrived, given how it took some time to cook the pizza. As they waited, Suzuyuki seemed to get along so well with Chisato. Even when she was so close with the two, Renge could not really join the conversation directly, at best just reacted to the flow. 

 

Chisato was very popular with other students, after all. Not just because of her easy-going personality, but her feature that was pretty attractive as well. Blonde hair, ruby-red eyes, and her curvy body… Renge was pretty sure that it was her bountiful chest which made her very popular with the rest of the students.

Then again, Suzuyuki gets along with everyone, as well. So when the two meets, their conversation will naturally flow.  The purple-haired girl thought that to herself in order to cheer herself up…

 

The food eventually arrived, ‘interrupting’ the conversation (to Renge’s relief) as she immediately pass a slice for Chisato. “Elderly first,” Renge said as the blonde was a couple of months older than her,  with a teasing tone. The topic of the conversation immediately shifted to the pizza that they were eating, as it was different from a fastfood. Because it was rather costly, Renge did not eat here often; but today was the President’s treat after all. Speaking of, she had yet to find the reason why she called the new member… 

 

Her wondering was interrupted with a question instead. 

“So, are you two going out?”

 

Renge and Suzuyuki had just finished their meal; it seemed like Chisato was actually waiting for that moment before questioning them. It immediately made the two of them flustered, looking at each other as if asking who should explain it to the Club President. They did not even know why they should panic or blush.

As Suzuyuki was more familiar with the ‘concept’ of their relationship, she started the explanation. 

 

She started by explaining how in her old school, there existed a relationship between an onee-sama and a kouhai, where the older students guided the younger ones in the school. Chisato had seen that in some popular media  as she nodded in understanding with the explanation, it made sense to have Suzuyuki clung to Renge at (almost) all times. 

“So yeah, Suzu-chan is basically seeing me as her onee-sama.” Renge was still blushing as she continue the explanation, at least she had calmed a little.

 

    Chisato end up chuckling once the two finished explaining to her, though. “I can understand how you see Ren-chan as a big sister. Even when she’s an only child, she is pretty mature and reliable. But she’s not ladylike at all.” As her best friend, Chisato found Renge to be the complete opposite of the first-year. Even Renge admitted it as she did not object to the statement; even until now, she did not get why Suzuyuki was attracted to her-

 

“I still admire my onee-sama. She has many qualities that I look up to. Onee-sama is so pretty, hardworking and helpful.” Suzuyuki answered without hesitation, only to be interrupted by the purple-haired girl.

“Stop! Don’t speak as if I am not here! It’s pretty embarrassing to hear it!” 

 

Chisato chuckled once more as she saw their antics. She did observe that Renge started to change in her third year. As expected, so it IS because of her.

Grinning wider, she continued to tease her close friend. “Next time please tell me everything you admire about your onee-same. When she’s not around, that is.”

The blonde had planned to ask the question with or without Renge, after all. It was the main reason why she ask the silver-haired girl to dine together with her, on top of knowing the new member better. 

 

“I won’t allow a meet-up with just the two of you! It’s still embarrassing even when in my absence, so don’t say it at all!” Renge was still protesting as her best friend and the kouhai just chuckled about it. 

6