Epilogue: The Next Stage
61 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichinose Renge was sipping on her cup of tea as she admired the view of the flower garden from her table. It was her first time overseas, so she was enjoying every second of her only day off in the beautiful city. 

After her graduation, Renge enrolled at the Academy for Theatrical Arts in Tokyo due to her newfound passion during her final year in Amanohara. She joined an all-female troupe afterwards and managed to perform on the stage professionally, albeit still as a supporting cast, by then. The series of successful performances in Japan enabled them to start on an international tour, with Switzerland as their first stop.

 

As Renge was daydreaming, she was interrupted in German by someone. The purple-haired girl, with her hair tied in a ponytail now, did not understand a single word as she had yet to  learn the language. She did hear her name being spoken though so it was certainly directed to her. Renge turned around to reply in English, “I am sorry, I don’t speak German-”

“Are you the Ichinose Renge from the Tokyo Theatres group? I am a big fan.” The girl replied in fluent Japanese as she smiled.  The petite body, fluttering silver hair and beautiful purple eyes. It was none other than her girlfriend Suzuyuki who surprised her with her sudden appearance, as Renge still could not believe her eyes. 

 

“Suzu-chan? How come you’re here?” Renge knew well that it was not a holiday season yet for the girl, not to mention it was her final semester so things must have been busy for Suzuyuki. 

“I want to check on the universities around here,  so I took a week off. Besides, I’ve managed to submit my final year report early so they don’t mind”. The silver-haired girl took a seat as she made herself comfortable. She also ordered a cup of iced tea from the waiter, as she continued. 

“I match the visit to Bern with your performance, and I know that the troupe's members are going to stay here. I watched you last night by the way, and your performance is stellar as always,” she said with a smile, as Renge blushed. She could never get used to the compliment from Suzuyuki, as each word always sounded sincere and meant a lot to her.

“You’re going to study again? Overseas, to  .” Renge pouted for a bit, especially when she was about to go back to Japan as the tour was about to be over. Suzuyuki going overseas for years would definitely mean a long-distance relationship, and even though she trusted the lady, Renge knew that she would get lonely.

 

“It can’t be helped, it’s my grandmother’s wish for me to at least have my Master’s degree.” Suzuyuki chuckled seeing her onee-sama’s reaction as she sipped her tea. 

“She also wants another thing from the both of us,” Suzuyuki added, to Renge’s wonder. From me, as well? What can I offer to the Yanagi family?

“She wants me to get married before my overseas study.” Suzuyuki’s answer certainly surprised Renge as she did not expect that for a bit. 

“Getting… married? With.. me? Like, right here and now?” Renge could not help to blush at the thought. Granted, the two of them were in Switzerland and it was possible for them to get married there. The older girl certainly wanted to marry the love of her life as well but it was rather sudden.

“But I have yet to tell my parents-” Certainly, something important like this needed her parents’ approval, right? 

“My family had asked your parents, and they all agreed. We just decide to keep it a secret to surprise you. “ Suzuyuki was still beaming as she was finishing her drink. They really had planned it carefully, all that was left was for Renge to agree on it. She had no more worries and reservations as she got up and nodded, “Let’s get married.”

 

Ichinose Renge certainly did not expect that the day she was planning to relax ended up being a trip to the registrar's office, as the two of them held hands on their way.

4