Extra Chapter: Lily of the Halls
50 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a while since Ichinose Renge returned to Kagamioka,  The purple-haired girl was back for a while to attend Suzuyuki’s graduation, but even that it was not for long as she had to return to Tokyo since the new semester would be starting soon.  To celebrate the third year’s graduation, the two girls flew from Kagamioka to Tokyo in order to attend the AnimeNippon, the biggest anime convention in the nation that was held every spring break. The rest of the AMC alumni could not make it to the ‘reunion event’ however, as they were busy with their studies overseas. Hence, this was practically a date for the two of them. 

 

The event was located in the same venue as Comiket and so the two girls stayed in the same hotel beside the convention hall, for convenience. This time, however, since Suzuyuki’s mom knew about Renge, she helped to book a larger room. The previous room was already big enough for the girls, and now Renge was staring in amazement at the Deluxe room. Despite the bigger room, however,  there was still only a single, king-sized bed in the middle.

“It’s just like a honeymoon, onee-sama,” Suzuyuki said casually with a soft smile. It’s as if she already knew, or perhaps was even the one behind it as Renge stared at her. 

 

It was already quite late when they reached the hotel so the two girls were just resting inside the comfortable room. Laying down on the bed after her bath, Renge noticed that Suzuyuki was still busy with her luggage. Which was odd, given how she recalled that the younger girl did not bring that much luggage. The silver-haired girl approached the bed as she offered a set of school uniforms to Renge.

 

“Mind trying this, onee-sama? It should be your size but we had yet to fit it.” Suzuyuki smiled as she handed them out. 

Renge was observing the uniform carefully. It somehow looked familiar, even when it was not Amanohara’s. The deep-black long skirt outfit that resembled a lady’s school…

 

Wait, could it be… The school uniform of Lily of the Hills?

Seeing the other set of the uniform with the different-coloured ribbons in it, it was pretty clear now that Suzuyuki was planning a couple cosplay for the convention. It caught Renge by surprise though, since at least the silver-haired girl could brief her first… It was pretty embarrassing, after all, given how it would be Renge’s first time cosplaying.

 

Seeing the blush on her onee-sama’s face, Suzuyuki could not help but chuckle. 

“Yet you stand on a stage full of people while wearing the show’s costume. Isn’t it the same as cosplaying?”

“It’s still different, I have prepared myself mentally to be the character…” Renge puffed her cheek as she pouted, although she didn’t refuse it and picked up the costume to admire how it was well-made. 

 

As she wore it, Renge was surprised at how perfect the fitting was. 

“Where do you get my measurements?” The purple-haired girl asked, curiously. 

“I ask your university about it. My mother knows one of the instructors and she gives the latest measurement a while ago.” Suzuyuki said as she was trying on her costume as well. Renge was both impressed and flattered at the length Suzuyuki went to every time she wanted to be closer to her… 

The event would just be for one day, after all, so Renge would be fine. Hopefully, as she could not refuse the stare of admiration by the younger girl.

 

    The two girls were looking forward to AnimeNippon for the upcoming anime presentation in the stage area, although the ones they were waiting for would only start at noon. They did not really have any plans for the daytime, so as they reached the venue, the two girls were just browsing around the exhibition hall, feeling and admiring the vibe and energy around the event. All while visiting some booths of the airing anime, the couple got matching keychains for their favourite pairing. The two girls continued to walk around the convention hall and after a full round with nowhere to go, Suzuyuki suggested,

“As we are cosplaying now, why don’t we go to the Cosplay Area? I’ve always wondered what it’s like there as a cosplayer.”

 

As she was walking to the Cosplay Area, Renge prepared herself as she was feeling a bit nervous. However, seeing how excited Suzuyuki was brought a smile to the older girl's face. Holding each other's hands, the two girls stepped outdoors to the area designated for cosplayers and photographers alike. 

 

"They should be around here."  Suzuyuki checked her phone as if she was waiting for someone. She seemed to be looking around as a couple of metres from them, someone was waving her hands towards the two girls. 

 

Renge noticed that they were the cosplayer couple that they encountered on Comiket back then. Renge smiled as seeing the familiar face now eased her nerve altogether. 

 

"Lily of the Hills? That's a lovely classic. It's well made too." One of the girls admired the outfit as Suzuyuki smiled proudly. 

"It's the first anime that we watched together so it's full of sentimental value." The silver-haired girl beamed as she explained that. Not just that, the character resembled the two girls pretty well as they just needed to change their hairstyle; something that Renge seemed to miss back then. 

Meanwhile, the other cosplayer couple was now cosplaying ‘The Witch from Neptune’, the latest yuri anime of the season. The cosplay seniors also helped to explain the basic questions and manners of the cosplay area before going their separate ways. 

 

Not long after that, photographers started to approach them and asked to take the couple’s pictures. Although thanks to them cosplaying a classic, the number of crowds around them was not that overwhelming. At first, they asked for some group photos, but as time went on, some of them wanted to take selfies together. Some female photographers even asked to take photos solely with Renge since she had the natural onee-sama aura, after all. 

Suzuyuki got a bit jealous as she watched from the sideline. When the line was done, she immediately tugged on Renge’s sides in order to avoid more lines forming.

“We have been here for a while and it’s already lunchtime.” The silver-haired girl said while puffing her cheeks. Renge was surprised at the sudden pull as she was still enjoying the occasion.

“It’s still 12 am, didn’t we have breakfast in the hotel earlier?” Renge said as she was still dragged on by the younger girl. Renge could not help but chuckle upon noticing Suzuyuki’s pout, the younger girl sure was adorable.

 

Having an early lunch sure had its merit as the queue for the food was not that long. Not only that, the two girls managed to get a better seat on the main stage afterwards as the rest of the visitors were still going for their food. They did not mind waiting for the next 30 minutes, all while resting their legs after walking around the whole day. The long-awaited stage presentation eventually started as the publishers announced the upcoming titles for the next year. To the two girls’ delight, there were more yuri titles announced than ever, be it adaptation or original. To think several of the series that she followed during her high school times finally got their anime adaptations… Time really flew, indeed. In addition, there were several titles that Renge had yet to read, as she added their source materials to the reading list. 

 

    The announcements took a while as they were the highlights of the event, especially with several of the first episodes already screened exclusively on AnimeNippon. Not to mention some of the staff and voice actresses promoting their upcoming series as by the time the events ended, it was already close to evening. The crowds were beginning to disperse after a long day, except for the exhibitors and the ones attending the concert at night.

 Even when the two girls had gotten the VIP tickets, the concert hall was still packed with people. Suzuyuki’s mother did not allow it at first because she was worried given how it was her daughter’s first concert, but when Renge’s name was mentioned, she was immediately fine with it. 

 

The concert was pretty exciting as artist after artist performed that night. Having watched a lot of anime, Renge was pretty familiar with most of the songs performed. Suzuyuki on the other hand, enjoyed the performance regardless as she did her research and prepared the different coloured lightsticks for each. The show ended after the encore as the two girls waited a bit to leave the hall until the crowd dispersed, as they were not in a hurry to return to the hotel that was just practically next door. 

 

As both of them entered the hotel room, Renge was surprised to see that the room service had also prepared the food inside the bedroom. They were still warm, to add, as apparently Suzuyuki already requested it beforehand knowing that the restaurants would be occupied after the concert. The girl had always been so prepared, that Renge could totally learn one or two things from her as she admired the younger girl while eating, still in their cosplay outfit.

 

After clearing the food tray to the hallway, Renge excused herself to take her bath first. Suzuyuki nodded with a smile, although before Renge managed to shut the bathroom door, the silver-haired girl hold the door and enter the room to take a bath together. Renge blushed as she was just undressing, and yet Suzuyuki did the same. The girl was pretty clingy that night, perhaps due to the earlier jealousy…

 

The bathtub was pretty big but it was still cramped when both of them entered at the same time. Facing in the same direction as Renge sat on the back, with Suzuyuki leaning against her onee-sama’s body comfortably in front. Humming as she felt the closeness between their bodies, with Renge still blushing from it. She eventually wrapped her arms around Suzuyuki to embrace her. Silence filled the bathroom as the two of them enjoyed each other’s presence, deep down grateful for the time they were together.

 

The bath time took a while as the two girls walked out at the same time. After getting dressed, they immediately went on top of the bed to rest. This time Suzuyuki was the one at the back as she hugged her onee-sama and lover tight, closing their eyes together as they slept.

6