CHAPTER 20: TREASURES?
175 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After paying his respect Leon goes back into the house. As he enters the basement of the house, he finds a treasure chest over there. As Leon opens the treasure chest he found drake’s royal clothes with some blood on them and a book. The book was written by drake himself after coming to eternity cave. The book contained all knowledge about dark mana from the basics to the master-level spells. That was exactly what Leon was looking for.

As Leon goes through the book he learns everything in it and learns how to use dark mana. The book also contained some spells which were considered to be forgotten.

“Reverse mana flow, now we are talking,” Leon said to himself with a smile on his face.

Leon started to perform that spell learning from the book on the crystal he found earlier from drake’s body. As he channelizes the spell on the crystal holding it in his hand the dark mana which was stored in that crystal started to flow in Leon's body.Huge amount of dark mana flooded in Leon's body with speed. It felt like someone was cracking his bones he experienced immense pain but continued with the process and didn’t stop until all the mana was transferred into him. At one moment it became so painful that Leon screamed and at that time his left eye changed color it became red. At last, as the process was over the crystal perished in thin air and Leon passed out. When he gained consciousness he realized that he has became more powerful. It was like he surpassed a big wall and enter a new game of, level up. After trying some dark magic he found out that whenever he used immense dark mana, his left eye turned red but he couldn’t find out why. He believed it as an aftereffect or warning for more usage of dark mana. Dark magic has a lot of spells that could be very dangerous as whenever one uses it the mana power could rise higher just by the blood of your enemies it also has spells like soul corruption, mind control, controlling the dead, and much more. Thanks to drake’s book Leon learned all about dark mana and dark spells. The thing left in the chest other than the book was the legendary ‘Ring Of Death’.It was a legendary item that Leon had learned about from a magic book but he never thought that the former demon lord was the owner of it. But the problem was that the ring chooses its owner itself after the death of drake the ring had no owner and as Leon tries to touch it, it gets attached to him, on his left hand’s first finger. The ring had dark energy flowing in it, it was said that a million souls were trapped in it and the wielder of the ring could summon the dark souls and use the power of souls. 

“So you like me, huh? I like you too. Well, who doesn’t like a legendary item” Leon talks looking at the ring.

“Now I should head back as my purpose over here is complete. It was worth coming here” Leon said to himself and starts moving to the portal.

As he exited from the portal he found himself in front of the tree of life. The time hasn’t changed over here and it was still midnight in the mystery forest. Before someone could notice him Leon quietly enters the village and reaches his room he just falls asleep as soon as he lays on the bed. As Leon was elves guest for two weeks his departure date was arriving. The other day he was reading some books about elf culture and suddenly Aerin comes in smashing the door with a cute angry pout face. She was looking like she was about to cry.

“Did something happen Aerin?” Leon asked her.

“Are you going to leave tomorrow?” Aerin asked him with her angry pout face.

“Ah, so that’s why she is angry and emotional at the same time” Leon in his mind.

“Yes, I am leaving tomorrow as my subordinates are waiting I have to return” Leon replied to Aerin.

“So you also going to leave me just like others,” Aerin said to Leon in a sad tone.

“Who said I am going to leave you. Although I must return we can always communicate with each other through letters as I am at the western gates we will be able to communicate with each other daily” Leon said to Aerin with a large smile on his face.

“Really!! then promise me” aerin said with excitement as soon as she heard what Leon said the happiness on her face returned.

“I promise you that I will not leave you no matter what happens” Leon replied to aerin with both of them crossing their pinky fingers.

They both laughed and then talked about various kinds of stuff. The day of departure arrives, a carriage is ready to carry Leon back while some elf soldiers are escorting it. Leon is standing near the carriage for saying his goodbyes for the time being. The queen and aerin are present there for Leon's departure.

“I hope to meet you again in the future, Leon, and don’t forget that the elf village stands with you,” the queen said to Leon.

“Indeed we will meet each other more in the future” Leon replied.

“Take care of yourself and be safe,” aerin said to Leon. She was still a bit sad as Leon was someone special to her and she wanted to tell him a lot of things at that time but these were the only words that came from her mouth.

“Oh, so you are worried about me?” Leon said in a manner to tease her and cheer her up.

“Worr..worried there is nothing like that, I said it as your only best friend as I know how reckless you are” aerin replied.

Although she denied it, she was a bit shy and her ears became red at that moment unknowing her they move a bit and Leon saw that. After saying goodbye Leon leaves the village. Looking back in past he gained a lot of things from here , the elves' support, his first friend, and even surpassing his limits, some new powers.

“It was fun,” Leon said to himself looking outside through the window of the moving carriage having a mild smile on his face. 

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]       

Announcement
Good News!!!

The author will soon announce his new upcoming web novel

what are your thoughts on it??

 

 

9