CHAPTER 27: PLAN IN MOTION
167 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the preparations were finished within a month and the two Britannia restaurants were ready to go. As per Leon’s idea, the two restaurants were built in opposite areas to each other and both of them were named differently. The restaurant for citizens was named ‘Salt & Pepper’. While the restaurant for the nobles was named ‘The Golden Spoon’.

Invitations for the inauguration of both of these restaurants were sent separately. The news of Britannia house opening a new restaurant for both civil and nobles spread quickly throughout the duchy and the whole empire. Many people were looking forward to it while a lot of nobles weren’t able to understand what Britannia’s real purpose was behind all of these. Leon cleverly set the time of the inauguration ceremony of both of the restaurants the same. The restaurant for the noble was gonna inaugurated by the duke with Count Edward beside him while Leon, Jared, and haze attended the inauguration ceremony of the restaurant for the civilians. But Leon had some plans of his own too. He insisted Haze become the special guest and do the honor of opening the restaurant. All the civilians present over there including haze herself were touched by his gesture. After the opening ceremony, the people entered the restaurant. It was built simple and had not much of a showoff look. All the waiters, waitresses, and chefs present over there greeted the customers' firsts. The people were provided with the menu but the items on the menu were something they never heard of so they were a bit confused.

But the good thing for them was everything in the menu was cheap and, affordable for them so they just pick some random items from the menu and ordered. But when the food reached their table to their surprise it looked good and it smell so amazing that people's mouths started to water. As people started tasting their ordered food one by one they liked it and the happiness on their faces was telling all of it. Leon who was observing all of these standing from one corner of the restaurant had a smile on his face and he felt happy.

“They are loving it, young master” Haze said.

“Yes they are” Leon replied smiling.

“Young master it’s about time,” Jared said.

Listening to Jared Leon looked at him and nodded both of them were about to leave and suddenly a little girl grabbed Leon’s hand. The girl is holding a doll in her other hand and with her innocent face and cute eyes giving a large smile she said to Leon

“Thank you, young lord”

Hearing those words he felt touched he bows down on one knee to talk with that little girl.

“Did you like it?” Leon asked.

“Yes I like it and because of you we can have a full meal after a lot of days that are so delicious” the girl replied with a smile.

There were a lot of people who were not able to have a proper one full-time meal in their day to day life it was like a dream but Leon was providing a full meal to all at a very cheap rate which everyone could afford and that is why the girl is happy having a full meal. Leon smiles back at her and continues to walk further. On the other side, the duke inaugurated the restaurant for the nobles although people were bothered by Leon not being present there as the duke was present no one dared to speak a word about that. If the duke wasn’t it would have become the topic for gossip for the nobles. The nobles were amazed seeing the lavish look of the restaurant it was seen that they spent a lot of money on it. But what they didn’t know was that they all were playing right on the palm of Leon. As the nobles entered the restaurant and take seats they all were shocked to see food items on the menu they never even heard of before.

“What the hell is this? I never even heard the name of these food items before. What should I do? It might be that I am the only one who doesn’t know and if I ask anything I will become a matter of laughter for everybody. I should just order the expensive item on the menu. Yes, that’s it” One of the noble talking to himself in his mind seeing the menu.

But, he wasn’t the only one who was having that thought and come up with that idea. All the nobles present over there were going through the same thing.

The duke and Edward are observing from the side as the duke is trying to control his laughter.

“That kid is really something else, ha. Look at those morons' faces. It’s as if someone gave them death sentence ha..ha...ha” the duke said.

“Indeed, the young master comes up with such a great idea,” Edward said.

As duke and Edward are speaking Leon enters to check if things are going smooth. The nobles were also very much impressed by the food. And with this, the first day of the restaurant came to an end with ice cream becoming the star of the night. People liked the food but ice cream steal the show and everybody was loving it. There was a huge demand for it.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

8