CHAPTER 30: WHAT IS LOVE?
180 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sometimes it’s better to share your thoughts with others. Maybe you get an answer. So, tell me what is it” the duke asked while they were walking.

Leon agreed to open his heart to his grandfather after listening to his words.

“Grandpa what is love according to you,” Leon asked.

Leon never had anybody to love him in his past life. In his past life, he made friends and foes. He met Business partners and employees, but he never met someone he could love. That is why he didn’t know what love is and how it feels to fall in love with someone.

“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning. Love is when another person’s happiness becomes more important for you than your own. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. It’s the most beautiful feeling in this world,” the duke said.

“Then how do you know if you are in love with someone?” Leon asked, looking in the eyes of the duke.

“You know you love someone when the mere thought of losing them brings you to tears. When you close your eyes and can’t imagine your life without that person, then you are in love,” the duke replied.

The duke’s words cleared Leon’s mind, and he felt eased.

“Thanks, grandpa, “ Leon replied.

“I am always there for you Leon” the duke replied.

“Now I know what I have to do,” Leon said.

“Whatever your decision will be, I hope that you take the right step,” the duke said.

As they walked further into the garden, the duke wanted to talk to Leon.

“I...I never hated your mother. Just because she came from a commoner family, I never had hatred towards her. But I never got the chance to say that. Distancing myself from my family created a huge wall of misunderstanding between them and me. Now I won’t repeat the same mistake. So love whomsoever you want to, cause love has no boundaries Leon” the duke said.

“I know, grandpa, you were never like those filthy nobles,” Leon said to the duke, holding his hand.

The next day both Leon and Aerin decided to spend some time together in the capital as it was her last day there and she was going home tomorrow. So both of them decided to spend the whole day together. After some time, both of them return to the mansion to rest.

Both of them first went shopping together. There they buy some new clothes. Afterward, they went to Britannia’s newly opened restaurant, which was now in the capital. There they enjoy the food. Leon had also prepared a gift for her. As she opens the present, she finds a beautiful necklace inside it. Aerin loved the necklace, and Leon helped her put the necklace on her. The necklace was special, and Leon enchanted it with his magic. So when Aerin wears it and if she is in danger, Leon will come to know about it.

In the evening, both of them went to the theatre; Leon had already booked the tickets for it beforehand. As they were going inside, Leon told Aerin to go further as he would bring some snacks for both of them. As Aerin entered the theatre, she was surprised as the whole theatre was empty; there was not a single person. At the same time, the light on the stage goes on, and Aerin was more surprised seeing Leon onstage. She was confused about what was going on.

“Aerin we know each other since childhood. The very first time when I saw you at the palace, I felt a different emotion. A different feeling that I never felt before. I wasn’t able to understand what it was and how should I react to it. You are a very special person in my life. I could share everything with you. Whenever you wrote me a letter I felt happy reading it. When I wrote letters to you, I just eagerly waited for your response but I never understand why I was feeling like that and what that feeling is. When I am with you I don’t know how fast the time flies and every time, I wished to spend more and more time with you but then also, I didn’t understand. But when you said how I feel about you and I wasn’t able to answer your question. It felt something heavy in my chest. But now I know what it is,” Leon said.

“Now I know what it is Aerin and I want to scream and tell the whole world that I love you!!” Leon said louder.

Hearing this, tears fall from Aerin’s eyes. She ran towards the stage and tightly hugged Leon.

“I love you too,” Aerin replied, hugging Leon.

Later he took her to the balcony to see the whole capital. The whole capital looked beautiful as it was nighttime. As both of them enjoyed the view, the fireworks started, which Leon specially prepared for her. It was a beautiful memory and day for both of them.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

9