CHAPTER 31: FACE TO FACE
158 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere at an unknown location,
A person is seated on a throne whose face cannot be seen due to the darkness in the room.5 people with assassination attire and hood on their heads are kneeled down in front of that unknown being.

“Make sure to get the job done and make no mistakes”, the unknown person said in a heavy voice.

“Yes, my lord”, one of the people present there said.

At the royal capital,
After spending the whole day together and after confessing their love for each other, the day of Aerin’s departure arrived. Leon felt like a heavy burden was lifted off his chest after his confession. He had sorted out his feeling for Aerin and decided to accept them.

But now the actual show was going to begin. The day of the royal party. Nobles around the empire and essential guests were attending the party this time. As the Brittanian carriage arrived at the banquet, all the people were looking at it as the presence of duke Kaizen was rare in itself, but this time he was not alone; the next head of Britannia - Leon was also attending the party. So it was natural for people to look at them. As they entered inside, the duke was not so happy about it the very idea of attending the party was making the duke annoyed, but he had to do that for the emperor.

As both looked around, the emperor showed up, walking down the stairs. Everybody bows down and greets the emperor as a custom.

“Thank you all for coming to this party. But today I have a different purpose for calling you all here. I have always been concerned about my people and my empire...” the emperor said.

“Concerned about people and empire my foot. More like that bastard is concerned about his throne,” the duke slowly whispered to Leon while the emperor was giving his speech.

“I know that I can’t be always there for my people and that is why for sake of my people I was always worried to find the right person to inherit the crown prince position after the first prince’s death. But now the issue has been solved with heavens showing me the right path. With all due respect I would like to present in front of you all the next crown prince of wales empire - ‘Arthur Cassius Wales’” the emperor said.

A tall and good muscular built guy with golden hair and brown eyes enters. That golden hair which is the trait of a royal family had told everything that the nobles wanted to know. Although he was an illegitimate child of the emperor now, he was also the crown prince of the empire.No one would dare to speak any ill to him unless they didn’t love their life. Everybody was showing happiness with the announcement of the next crown prince, and some were trying to lick his foot so that it could benefit them. There were those too who thought that he shouldn’t be allowed to inherit that position as an illegitimate child. And two unique cases in the party who thought of all the moments going on as dull. You know whom we are talking about.

“So this was the important announcement he was talking about? I travel to the capital leaving all my work aside just for this?” the duke said with a lame expression.

“I agree with you, grandfather. It’s boring,” Leon said.

Although it was a significant event, the duke wasn’t interested in it. Leon had left quite an impression on the duke by proving his capabilities that he was not interested in Arthur rather than that he was more focused on taking away the throne. On the other hand, Leon already knew what that announcement was all about due to the original novel that the actual event seemed dull. But he was still waiting to meet Arthur face to face.

On the other side, Arthur, surrounded by many nobles, also had some different plans in his mind. He suddenly started walking towards the duke and Leon. Seeing him, the duke and Leon greeted him and congratulated him.

“Nice to meet both of you,” Arthur said.

“I was waiting for a long time to meet both of you. And especially you young master Leon. I have heard many things about you, and the stories about your battle experiences are famous all around the empire. I also experienced Britannia’s new restaurant business, and personally, I loved it. It seems like you really are a Beast in all manner to accomplish all these things at your age. You are really extraordinary,” Arthur said.

Hearing those words from Arthur might seem friendly, but those words were like a hidden warning not to cross the line and be satisfied with what you got.

“Not at all, prince. It’s just your way of thinking so highly of me. I think the opposite. I think that you are way higher than me. From Slaying beast at a young age and becoming the best swordsman, also achieving the first rank as a swordsman in the royal academy. You are really worthy of this position,” Leon replied.

The duke was smiling from inside as he was proud of how Leon handled the situation and even gave a befitting reply to the crown prince.

As both of them shook hands, there was that instinct of the natural enemy between them.

“Oh ho, look likes something interesting is going around here”, a voice came.

[ALL RIGHT RESERVED,2022©SAM]

8