CHAPTER 34: SUDDEN SHOCK
146 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that midnight at the royal palace in the emperor’s room
The emperor was sleeping on his bed, and suddenly the lamp of his room turned on.

He woke up due to the room’s brightness, and as he looked around, he was shocked. A person was standing right in front of his bed, looking at him. Navy blue long hair covered his shoulders, two small black horns on his head, light blue eyes and an eye patch covering his left eye, wearing a black suit.

“Who are you? And how did you enter here? Guards...” the emperor said.

“Don’t waste your energy. They won’t be able to hear you. I have cast my magic in this room so the noise won’t reach out,” the person said.

“Let me introduce myself first. I am ‘Felix’ the loyal servant of the demon lord and I am here to take your life,” he said.

Hearing those words, the emperor was shocked, and he started looking for his sword turning his eyes slowly.

“I already said you not to waste your energy. You think you can fight me, you humans really are morons. It’s better if you experience it yourself,” Felix said.

Suddenly the emperor started to choke; he couldn’t breathe appropriately. Also, his voice was not coming out, his body was turning blue, and his eyes were turning red with blood entering them.

“See how you feel it, that you don’t stand a chance against me. Just like that, you will die on your bed, and the people would think that you die naturally in your sleep, and the truth will not be known to anyone. After all these years, I enjoy seeing this pain and fear on your face. Thank you, human. I really like it, have a happy eternal sleep,” said Felix giving a devilish smile.

The emperor suffered in pain and died painfully and horribly. As soon as he dies, Felix disappears in thin air. The next day a ruckus was created in the palace as the news of the emperor’s death was confirmed. Arthur made sure not to let anyone out of the castle know about this, and as the empire’s all-important nobles were still in the capital, he immediately called out an emergency meeting.

All the nobles got the news of the emergency meeting and prepared to arrive there as soon as possible. The duke was also invited there, but Leon couldn’t participate in this meeting as he wasn’t the official head, so he had to stay in the mansion, but Leon had his own way of getting involved as he got the idea that something was up.

“Summon,” Leon said as he put forward his left hand, having the ring on his first finger.

He used his legendary ‘Ring Of Death’ to summon a dark soul. As soon as he says that word, a dark color soul in a human-like form appears in front of him.

“Follow my grandfather,” Leon said to the soul.

As he gave the order, the dark soul mixed in the duke’s shadow without his knowing.

The duke departs for the palace, and the soul is secretly moving and keeping an eye as per Leon’s order. The souls summoned from the ring were unique as Leon was connected with them, so he could hear and see what the souls are seeing and hearing no matter where the soul was. Not only that, but he could also swap places with a soul if he wanted to.

In the meeting room -
Everyone was present but confused and shocked to see the crown prince sitting on the head chair instead of the emperor.

“I know what you all are thinking and you all have a lot of questions. You will get all the answers so be patient,” Arthur said.

“I am sorry to tell you all with a heavy heart that his majesty had passed away last night,” Arthur further continued with seriousness in his tone.

Everyone was shocked, including the duke, even Leon, who was hearing and seeing all this from the dark soul, was shocked. Nobody could understand what suddenly happened as he was fine till yesterday. Many questions arrived in everyone’s mind, and there were no answers.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

6