CHAPTER 52: CHEER UP
79 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tense atmosphere around the empire and the silence in the air clearly indicated the upcoming storm.

The hammer strikes of blacksmiths there were beating the iron more powerfully than usual. The soldiers were preparing themselves, wearing their armor, and choosing their weapons. All of these indicated the seriousness and danger of the upcoming war. It was a critical and nervous moment for everyone before the battle. All the troops were prepared and ready to go. They were all lined up, waiting for their commander to order them. Leon was standing on a platform, accompanied by Jared and Alfred. 

There was silence in the air. Everyone was familiar with their situation, and they knew that this time they were at a considerable disadvantage considering the number of their enemies. As their commander, Leon wanted to encourage them, but the silence in the air was so heavy that he didn't speak anything at that moment.

Suddenly, everyone hears the sound of someone walking with his armor on. There was absolute silence, so the sound of that person's steps were heard clearly. The sound gets bigger and bigger as that person approaches the ground. As that person appears, everyone's eyes light up. Shining in the sun the legendary silver and goldish armor. The person wearing that armor was a legend in himself to everyone. The Duke Of Britannia and the one accompanying him was the Count.

The hero for the people of Britannia, whose heroic tales were an inspiration to all, that person was in front of the soldiers wearing the armor to go participate in the battle. 

"Grandfather and Count both of you..." Leon was surprised by their presence.

"Did you think I wouldn't come? After all, I am still the duke of this duchy, so I have to take responsibility for it. I am thinking of this war as my retirement declaration," the duke said.

"I will follow the Duke till my end and Britannia is my home too," the Count said.

"And you guys we aren't dead yet, are we? So stop mourning like it's your funeral and put yourself together. The ones who will die today are our enemies, did you get that" the duke said loudly.

Seeing his grandfather handling the situation, coming on the front line, it was the first time that he was gonna battle together with his grandfather; a small smile appeared on Leon's face as he looked at the broad back of his grandfather. It was like a roar of a beast; despite his age, his power, charisma, and fierceness were something that had no match at all. The soldiers were looking at an old beast but still had life to fight back; that instantly lifted the soldiers' spirits. The ground became cheerful and full of enthusiasm. 

"I am gonna crush them today for once and for all," the duke said to Leon and walked further.

"Hey grandfather... don't die no matter what you have to survive," Leon said.

The duke who was walking forward stopped suddenly after hearing those words; without looking back, he replied with a smile on his face.

"Look for yourself, brat. It will take a lot to take me down." 
 
Although Leon didn't see the duke's face while he said these words, he could imagine what face he made while speaking those words.

On both sides, the preparations are done, and the soldiers are marching toward the battlefield. 
Finally, the time has come when the main protagonist of this world will lash with our hero. What's gonna happen when two powerful forces collide with each other? How much blood will be poured? And how many sacrifices will be made? 

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]
===============================================================================
JOIN OUR DISCORD!!
DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/w2X2QanYf3 

4