Chapter 12 – Emotional problem
13.5k 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Chen Ruo Yu finished the bread, she sat for a little while longer and by that time, the sky had already turned dark.  There were many mosquitoes in the courtyard garden and she had already been bitten several times.  When she looked at her watch and it was nearly 7 o'clock.

Meng Gu did not reply to her text message, nor did he call her, nor did he appear in front of her.

Is this situation considered as she had won?

Chen Ruo Yu threw the plastic bag and empty plastic water bottle into the trash can in the garden before she slowly entered the hospital building and went into the toilet.  After she left the hospital gates, she slowly walked to the bus stop.  All along the way, she did not meet any familiar faces.  She should feel at ease but she was a bit confused about her mood.

Did she really scare that Mongolian doctor?  So after this, he would not dare to casually provoke her, right?  She had used the right strategy and had hit the bullseye.  Her plan was too effective, too satisfying but why did she feel depressed.  What is the matter with her?

She thought for a while and decided she must have been provoked by Nurse Tian.  It was really nasty of Meng Gu, such a big man, to send a woman to deal with her.  It was unexpected and therefore she felt angry.

But now she does not feel angry.  She thinks……ah……what should she say?……the feeling of loss or being embarrassed?

Did she use the right description?

When she reached home, Chen Ruo Yu surfed the Internet.

'Sense of loss'……these words gave the meaning of emotional emptiness or the loss of emotional support and the word 'Melancholy' refers to being sad and depressed because of frustration or disappointment.

This is strange…….  Chen Ruo Yu frowned as she looked at the computer screen.  She did not feel empty, ah…..  She still has so many things waiting for her to settle.  She felt so emotionally enriched that she nearly cried.

Emotional support?  Disappointment?  Which is which?

Her emotional support was not from the Mongolian doctor.  Then what is she hoping for?  Obviously, she had defeated the enemy and won the war.

Liang Sisi walked in with a big bowl, sat down beside Chen Ruo Yu and looked at the computer screen.  Then she stuffed a big mouthful of noodles into her mouth and said incoherently.  "Ruo Yu, by your appearance, you are not at a loss nor are you frustrated.  You have lost your love."

Chen Ruo Yu stiffened and quickly waved her hand.  "Go, go, go and eat your noodles.  Don’t spray me with your noodles."

Lost her love?  Did she lose her love again?

Lost her love twice because of one man?

Wrong!  Wrong!  She had long given up on loving!

Liang Sisi swallowed her noodles.  This time she was able to clearly express her high opinion. 

"If this is not losing your love then there is another explanation ---- feelings of spring*."

(Feelings of springs mean feelings of love for someone.)

Chen Ruo Yu stiffened again.  This is worse than losing her love.

"Ruo Yu, what is the matter?  Recently your behavior is really weird.  If you have any questions on love, you can ask me.  Based on my experience, it is enough for me to write an advisory encyclopedia of love.  I will tell you everything I know and I will tell you everything frankly."

Chen Ruo Yu fiercely shook her head.  "I don’t have any questions about love."

"Is it?"  Liang Sisi sounded a bit disappointed.  "If you have any emotional problems, you can also ask me."

"I also don’t have any emotional problems."  Shaking her head continuously.

"It's alright."  Liang Sisi felt very sympathetic and looked at Chen Ruo Yu for a long time before she left.

Chen Ruo Yu heaved a sigh of relief.  She stared at the words 'Melancholy', gritted her teeth and shut off the computer.

The whole night, Meng Gu did not return her text message and he also did not return her call.  Chen Ruo Yu kept thinking about this and at the same time, she also kept thinking of calling home. She thought over again and again but she still had no idea how to talk to her family.  She kept thinking until she went to bed and finally decided to wait until tomorrow to make that call home.

 

In the middle of the night, when she was in a deep slumber, her phone rang.

Still in a daze and not fully aware of her surroundings, she subconsciously fished out her phone and pressed the received button.

"Chen Ruo Yu, did you have an attack of convulsions?!"  A thunderous roar sounded from the other end of the phone.  She was shocked and immediately woke up.

Oh, Mother!  That Meng Gu devil is here for the kill!

"Dr. Meng, what is the matter?"  First, she must pretend to be foolish.

"What do you mean with the last message you sent to me?  Did the fox spirit take over your body?"

"Ah?  What?  Wait a minute, let me check the time first."  She tried to delay for a moment to think of countermeasures.

But one look at the time……2:45 a.m.!

His Grandmother!  Even if one is to say this is not his way of taking revenge, she really does not believe.

"Why do you have to bother about the time?  I was so busy, I don’t even have the time to breathe until now.  My meal has not been digested yet and I saw your text message. Is your head kicked by a donkey?!"  She even dared to tease him!  She must be fed up of living!

So fierce!

In the middle of the night, Chen Ruo Yu's brain was not very bright and was totally suppressed by Meng Gu's imposing manner.  She did not dare to show that little flame of anger that rose in her just now when she was looking at the time.

She remained silent.

"Speak!"  Meng Gu on the other end of the phone said harshly.

"Dr. Meng, it's very late.  Let's meet another day to discuss this type of topic with such deep contents. We still have to work tomorrow.  Let's take a rest.  What do you think?"

"Tomorrow I'm off-duty so I can sleep-in.  Now I have the time to talk!"

Look, this is really revenge.  What did that Nurse Tian tell him?

Chen Ruo Yu became silent and did not know how she should continue with the conversation.  So she simply said.  "Wait a minute."

She tossed her phone aside and ran to Liang Sisi's room in her slippers.  "Sisi, Sisi, now I have an emotional problem to ask you."

"Ah?"  Liang Sisi was shaken until she woke up and was in a daze.  "What is it?"

"Emergency!!  The question is --- if a man calls a woman in the middle of the night and ask questions that the woman cannot answer and the woman does not want to be entangled with him, what should she do?"

"Switch off the phone and sleep."  Liang Sisi answered very simply.

Chen Ruo Yu hesitated.  "But if I do this and aroused the man's hatred then get hopelessly entangled with him, what should I do later?"

"When you wake up then only think about what to do!"

That makes sense!

Chen Ruo Yu hurried back into her room, gently picked up her phone and listened.  Meng Gu really did not hang up and was really waiting for her.

It's really scary.

Switch off the phone and sleep.

Chen Ruo Yu acted decisively and everything was settled.  The world is quiet once again!

She slipped the phone under her pillow with her heart jumping erratically.  She had done well and felt proud of herself.

She slept on the phone.  She did not think much about the matter and soon fell asleep. 

Of course, there is a price to pay for acting brave.

 

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

 

The next morning Chen Ruo Yu got up from bed to prepare to go to work.  The moment she switched on her cell phone, she received a text message.

~ My dear!  You are dead!  Remember to miss me!

Those 9 words revealed the piercing sharpness of Meng Gu and he had also added exclamation marks.  Chen Ruo Yu seemed to be able to see him gritting his teeth and the sneer on his face.

"Wa!"  She gave a shrill scream and almost dropped her phone.

Last night, she was definitely sleepy and muddle-headed.  What should she do next?

16