Chapter 60 – Meng Gu’s POV (1)
11.1k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Gu actually could not remember the first impression he had of Chen Ruo Yu when he met her for the first time.

He only remembered that she came with Gao Yu Lan and Niu Niu.  At that time, he was busy making fun of the little girl and joking with Gao Yu Lan.  He was very curious about Gao Yu Lan, a woman who gave Yin Ze a scolding while drunk and made Yin Ze unable to forget her for three years.  What kind of a woman was she?

The most important thing is……fate is amazing! 

Yin Ze could actually find her.  No, it should be......Yin Ze had waited for her.  So he had always wanted to see what kind of a woman she was.

He paid attention to Gao Yu Lan, so if he did not notice Chen Ruo Yu it was normal.  He only remembered that she was a friend of Gao Yu Lan.

Later, he heard her name again when Yin Ze came to him and asked him whether he was currently dating anyone.

Yin Ze knew about the matters concerning him and it had been a long time since he was in a relationship.  It was not that he was unwilling but because he did not have the chance.  Of course, his chances were not lacking and there were many.  He knew that his conditions were good and a lot of women like him.  However, there was a difference between liking someone for his good conditions and liking him for himself.

In fact, he also did not know why but he felt that he had already come out of the pain that Qi Yao had given him, but his two consecutive failures in love made him feel that he was still trapped in the shadows of that old love.  He was already 30 years old and he also wanted to fall in love.  He wanted a woman who would love him very much and he wanted a relationship with a woman whom he could also love very much.

This kind of thinking maybe ridiculed by others.  What is love?  Is it naïve for a man to have such unrealistic and rustic ideas?

He does not think so.

Around him, there are a lot of such examples.  His parents are a good example.  They are truly a loving couple.  Not the kind of sweet sticky love but the kind that seems they were made for each other and destined to stay together.  When he was young, he was rebellious.  Now he is older at the age of 30, he is really envious of his father’s blessing to be able to find a woman as lovable as his mother. 

Another example is his good buddy, Lei Feng.  That guy fell in love while he was still young and it has been going on for 20 years now.  He loved only one person which made others envious and dislike him.

Yin Ze, this guy was like him and had once been jilted.  However, Yin Ze was jilted because Yin Ze’s conditions were not good and unexpectedly he was jilted because his own conditions were too good.  Of course, this made him unbalanced.  And God treated Yin Ze better than him.  The woman that was in Yin Ze’s heart was sent to his side.

So that was why he was unwilling to accept this fact.  Everyone has someone they love but why does he not have anyone?

Well, maybe compared to everyone, he was the pickiest one.  Maybe compared to everyone, he was the one most difficult to please but he really thinks that he should also have that chance to fall in love.

But where is the girl that should be his?

Yin Ze told him that he was inquiring about his current status because he was helping someone. 

“Bullshit!  if you are not helping someone, could it be you suddenly found out that you don’t like Gao Yu Lan anymore and now the person you love is me?”

Aiya……”  Yin Ze widened his eyes in exaggeration.  “I have been found out by you.  Hateful!”

“Since this matter had broken through the layer of paper*, I should inform my family.”  Meng Gu picked up the phone.  “I’m going to call my mother and tell her you love me.  When she calls you to discuss this and invites you for dinner, you’d better not hide.”

(This matter had broken through the layer of paper means that once the barrier which is as thin as paper between a man and a woman is broken, the two people will be able to have a closer relationship. It is just like a couple who are friends and they can only have a closer relationship when one party confesses.)  

“Damn!  You’re inhuman!”  Yin Ze said with contempt. 

“Do you have to use such a lethal weapon as soon as I come up?”  He stretched out his legs and said.  “Why don’t you ask me which family’s good girl is so short-sighted that has her eyes on you?”

“Not asking.  I’ m going to throttle you to death.”

Yin Ze pretended he did not hear and said to himself.  “It’s Chen Ruo Yu, do you remember her?”

“Which one?”

“Lan Lan’s old classmate and a good friend.  The last time, she brought Niu Niu to your hospital.  You’ve seen her before.”

“Oh.”  Meng Gu actually did not have any impression.  Of course, Yin Ze did not purposely come to match-make, so the topic of some girl who was interested in Meng Gu finally ended.

 

Then Meng Gu started to have an impression of Chen Ruo Yu because he frequently met her in the hospital.

The first time was when he met her at the hospital entrance after work.  She greeted him with a ‘Hello’ and he faintly answered.  In actual fact, he did not remember who she was and thought that she was a patient who recognized him.  But she looked very nervous and he could not help but gave her a few more glances and then he walked away.

The second time was in the inpatient department.  He was in the office with a patient doing pre-surgery notification to answer questions on the coming surgery and to let the patient and his family sign some papers.  When he raised his head, he saw her at the door looking around.  At that time, he recognized her as the person he met at the hospital entrance and thought she was the family of a patient.  Perhaps it was because of the illness of her family member that she was acting in such a way.  Then he told the patient who was reading the surgery papers to wait for a while, and he walked out of his office with the intention to ask her which patient was her family member and what was the problem.  In the end, as soon as he came out of his office, she ran away and very quickly she disappeared without a trace.

He was baffled.

Meng Gu returned to his office and concentrated on his work, pushing the eccentric young girl to the back of his mind.

When he saw her again the third time, she actually came to seek medical consultation.    

What illness did she have?

Mental illness!   Because she was not sick at all!

She still looked nervous and stammered.  She told him she was Gao Yu Lan’s friend and Gao Yu Lan was Yin Ze’s friend.

Such a clumsy self-introduction really made Meng Gu feel that the world had changed.

In fact, when Meng Gu clicked on a number on the computer and saw the name Chen Ruo Yu, he thought of what Yin Ze had told him.  He had wondered whether it could a case of the same name, different person but when he saw her walking in, he understood.

Pursuing a man is actually a waste of medical resources and it really made him very unhappy.

She did not only waste medical resources, but she also lowered the IQ of all women compatriots.

She gave him flowers and said it was to thank him for treating her.  Oh please!  Treating her was because she had paid the registration fee and she was not even sick!

He purposely listed down many medical check-ups for her to do, to scare her off and in the end, the woman was not willing to pay for the tests.  But later she came again!  Everything was already written in the medical records, okay?  Fool!

In general, when one gives flowers to the doctors, they are praising the doctors for their high medical skills and the majority would be the patients.  In the past, he had received numerous flowers but they were from the patients and their families who had successful surgeries.  No one had ever sent flowers after receiving a list of medical check-ups to be done. 

A doctor who only knew how to write a list of medical check-ups is not a good doctor.  Does she understand this?

Another time, she told him that she and Gao Yu Lan had a dinner appointment and Yin Ze would be there as well.  She asked whether he would like to come along.  He really wanted to answer her ~ Miss, do you know how strong is the relationship between me and my buddy, Yin Ze?  If he really wants me to have dinner with him, he does not need you to help him, okay?

At another time, she gave him a packet of durian candy.  He felt he must have used a lot of effort to control the expressions on his face. 

What kind of brains could think of this?  Giving out this kind of terribly sweet stinky candies to pursue a man?

Meng Gu really wanted to have a talk with her ~ Miss, have you really pursued a man before?  You can even think of such a way?  Do you really think that such a gift will touch a man’s heart?

Of course, he did not really talk to her.

In actual fact, he pretended to be stupid and pretended he was not aware.  If it was someone else, he would have told her bluntly, directly to dispel her thoughts and tell her wherever the scenery is good, she should go there.  But this person was the old classmate and a good friend of Yin Ze’s wife.  He still had to leave Yin Ze a little face.

He thought that a woman no matter how stupid would be able to understand what he meant and a woman no matter how slow would know that he was politely rejecting her.

But Chen Ruo Yu did not show any signs of comprehension.  She still found various excuses to come over.  With the spirit of being braver after every defeat, she came with a courageous expression.  It made him really want to ask her ~ Miss, what good do you really see in me?  What do you want me to do before you will give up?

Meng Gu felt that he could not control himself any longer and wanted to have a showdown with her but Chen Ruo Yu suddenly disappeared.

There was no indication, no warning, no greeting and she had suddenly disappeared……..she no longer made an appearance.

Meng Gu sighed with relief but he was provoked.......filled with curiosity.

This evil woman…….what is she playing at?

20