Chapter 73 – Give me the key
10.6k 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Ruo Yu twitched her mouth and finally thought it was time to settle scores with him.  “Dr. Meng, you did that deliberately, didn’t you?”

“What did I do deliberately?”

“You deliberately got your mother to come and catch me.”  It was so embarrassing and he thought she would let him off after doing this?

Meng Gu grinned.  “This is called coincidence.  It’s God’s arrangement.  So this is considered as you have met the parents now, right?”

“No.  Your mother said that your father doesn’t like me.”

Meng Gu’s smile froze on his face, then he wrinkled his eyebrows and glared.  “How can they drag my hind legs?”  Chen Ruo Yu wanted to laugh at the expression on his face.  She did not know whether he was referring to ‘her’ or ‘him’ and anyway, both the two elderly were pulling his hind legs.

(Drag my hind legs means to obstruct someone from doing something, hinder the works of others.)

“Chen Ruo Yu, since you are intimidated by my parents, then you should not let me have it easy.  Quick, take me home to let your parents deal with me.”  Meng Gu held her hands and offered her advice.  While he talked, he blinked at her and pretended to look cute.

She pursed her lips and tried to control her laughter.  She raised her head, leaned forward and looked behind him. 

“What are you looking at?”

“I’m looking to see if your tail is wagging.”

“……”

 

This day, the itchy-skinned Chen Ruo Yu was taken home by Dr. Meng after work.  She cooked dinner for him, helped him wash his clothes, cleaned up his house, helped to cut his nails and even cleaned his ears.  Then she generously let him tease her with indiscreet remarks. 

But for his request to meet her parents, she only said.  “Wait for me to inform you.” 

Meng Gu twitched his mouth and knitted his eyebrows which caused Chen Ruo Yu again want to take a look at his tail to see if it was drooping.

 

The Spring Festival is fast approaching.

In that short period of time, a lot of things happened.

It turned out when Zhou Father and Zhou Mother came to look for Chen Ruo Yu that day, Zhou Zhe had gone to look for Lu Bao Ni.  Since his parents were already alarmed by his actions, he felt that he should not hesitate any longer.  So, he had gone to Lu Bao Ni and asked her a sentence.  “Are you willing to follow me back to C-city?”

Lu Bao Ni was overjoyed.

Zhou Zhe added.  “I don’t have money, I took a loan to set up my business and I still have debts.”

Lu Boa Ni replied.  “It doesn’t matter.  I will be your accountant and I won’t take a salary.”

Zhou Zhe added.  “Do you dare to follow me even though your family disagrees?”

Her eye rims turned red and Lu Bao Ni smiled as she said.  “If you dare to take me away, I dare to go with you.”

All these were told by Lu Bao Ni when she gave a call to Chen Ruo Yu.  Later, she and Zhou Zhe also invited Chen Ruo Yu and Meng Gu out for a meal together and a lot more things were revealed during that meal.

Actually, Zhou Zhe always had a good impression of Lu Bao Ni and so all this while, he always showed concern for her but she was not any normal accountant.  She was the niece of the driving school Boss and her parents have their own business in A-city.  Lu Bao Ni’s accountant job in the driving school was actually arranged by her family to give her something to do so that she would not get bored. 

However, Lu Bao Ni had never shown arrogance and she was serious in her work.  She was also very concerned for her colleagues.  She is a good girl.  This was the reason why Zhou Zhe had a good impression of her.  It was just that Lu Bao Ni’s uncle and parents always looked down on those people that came from small cities, especially people from small places like Zhou Zhe.  Although Zhou Zhe’s work performance was very good and he had an important position in the driving school, there was a limit to the respect he received.  This was the reason why Zhou Zhe wanted to leave and it was also the driving force that made him determined to establish his own career. 

It was just that the two young people who had mutual good feelings did not dare to declare their feelings for each other under such circumstances.  Silently, Zhou Zhe made plans for himself, paving the road for his return home to start his own business, so he did not have any intention to progress further with Lu Bao Ni.  For him, she would always be a good memory in his life.  In the days he was working hard in this city, there was a friendly and lovely girl who had once encouraged him and supported him.  Maybe, she and he would never cross path again but he will forever remember she had once given him warmth.

However, he never expected that after he resigned from the company and said he planned to return to his hometown, he would actually provoke Lu Bao Ni into pursuing him.  Suddenly, he was caught unprepared.  Zhou Zhe was overjoyed but silently sighed at their gloomy fate.  He felt he could not let Lu Bao Ni follow him and suffer with him.  He also did not have the confidence to overcome the obstacles of Lu Bao Ni’s family.  After all, he had worked for the Lu Family these few years and he was very familiar with their concept and their style of handling matters. 

But sometimes the courage of a man comes from the encouragement of a woman and does not need boisterous support.  Only a pair of affectionate eyes and warm little hands were needed to inspire unlimited potential.

Zhou Zhe is not a man who has a fiery temper and a strong personality and nor is he a man who will stir up trouble.  He is just an ordinary man full of gentleness and kindness.  Maybe the time for leaving was too pressing, or perhaps it was his parents’ deep concern that gave him the pressure to reach a quick decision, or perhaps it was Lu Bao Ni’s confession that gave him confidence……in short, he did not spend too much time and finally confessed his love by presenting Lu Bao Ni with a bold proposal.

The future is unknown but there is love.  Both of them felt that even if everything was already fixed, in fact, it would not be able to ward off the risk of changes.  So instead of thinking too much, it is better to be brave and take a blind chance.  Therefore, Lu Bao Ni without hesitation agreed with Zhou Zhe that this coming Spring Festival, they would return to C-city for the New Year and then return to A-city to persuade her parents.

When Zhou Zhe and Lu Bao Ni were blushing and shyly saying their thoughts, Meng Gu immediately narrowed his eyes and shot a look at Chen Ruo Yu that showed his resentment for her failure.

Chen Ruo Yu quickly pretended she did not see but the whole night, she could strongly feel Meng Gu’s contempt.

When they reached home, Meng Gu started to settle scores with her.

“Look at Lu Bao Ni.  Her family problem is more serious than yours.  Her decision is bolder than yours and she is going to live in C-city now.  Don’t you feel guilty?”

Chen Ruo Yu bowed her head and did not dare to speak.

“Let’s not talk about Lu Bao Ni and talk about your good friend Liang Sisi.  Doesn’t she have more things to consider and worry about than you?  Doesn’t she have to take more risks than you?  But she is getting married now, don’t you feel guilty?”

She wanted to refute but could not think of anything good to say and continued to keep her head bowed.

“Let’s not talk about Liang Sisi that unusual species and just talk about another good friend of yours, Gao Yu Lan.  Can you see the progress she is making?  Is that guy, Yin Ze more reliable than me?  But he is going to meet her parents and getting engaged this Spring Festival!  What about me?”  Meng Gu got angrier as he talked.  “Why do I have to be kept hidden and my identity kept unknown?!”

“Your identity is very clear-cut.”  She whispered and received a glare from him.

“You even dare to say it!”  Meng Gu said angrily and suddenly said.  “Give me your key!”

“What key?”

“The key to my house.”

She was surprised and felt a little hurt.  She whispered.  “Don’t be like this.”

“Like how?”

“Let’s discuss this nicely.”

“I did…..my words are clear and my expression is complete.”  He reached out his hand with his palm facing up.  “Give it to me.”

Chen Ruo Yu looked at him blankly and felt very sad.  “Dr. Meng, don’t be like this.  I will go home and tell my parents this coming Spring Festival.”

“Give it to me.”  Meng Gu was expressionless and quite insistent.

Chen Ruo Yu bit her lip, her eye rims turned hot and she almost shed tears.  If she was to beg him, she would be stooping too low. 

She turned her head and ran to her own bag, pressing down the urge to cry.  She pulled out a bunch of keys and she really wanted to throw it at his head.  But there were other keys of her own and she could only slowly slipped out his key from the keychain.

She will throw it back at him, and she will ignore him.  He is really too much.  She had never seen such a moody, stinky man and it was a waste to be so good to him.  She was such a fool, so stupid that even pigs would laugh at her.

But he did not give her the chance of throwing the key at him.  He had snatched away the key the instant she had released it from the keychain.

Chen Ruo Yu gritted her teeth and felt her heart hurt.  She did not look at him and felt her heart had withered to ash.  She felt extremely sad.  She threw the key chain into her bag, turned her head and walked to the main door with the intention to leave.  She decided that once she left the house, she would never forgive him this time. 

But Meng Gu shot like an arrow to the door and with a few sounds of ‘ka-da, ka-da’, then he turned around and whistled as he walked back leisurely.  Right in front of her, he slipped the key into his pocket. 

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned.  What is the meaning of this?

She rushed to the door and twisted the locks, then found she could not open it.

He had actually locked the door!

He actually locked the door from the inside!

Chen Ruo Yu was furious.  She turned around, pounced on the Meng Gu who was smiling proudly behind her and hit him fiercely.

“You are a big***!  Big bastard!  Son of a bitch!  Do you have to frighten me?  Do you think you are only 3 years old?  An old man like you still acting like a child.  Are you so childish?  How high is your IQ?  Do you think I’m easy to bully?  Big bastard!  I hate you, I hate you the most! I’m never going to cook for you!  I don’t care for you anymore!  Get lost!  I will spend all your money and not leave a cent for you!  I’ll install ten locks outside your door and lock you in your house!  I hate you the most!  I’m never going to bother with you again…….”

After yelling for a while, her mouth was blocked.

She was also pressed against the wall by him.

Her bag fell to the ground but no one bothered.

Both of her arms were pinned by him unable to move and she raised her leg to kick him.  In the end, her leg was also pinned down and her indoor slippers flew to the side but no one bothered.

The two people were fully concentrated and fully engrossed in a hot passionate kiss.

Chen Ruo Yu’s heart was in knots.  Although she had always been fierce to him after they were confirmed in a relationship, once he behaves tyranny, her mind would go blank and lose the power to fight back. 

But she is dissatisfied with him, extremely dissatisfied.  He is really too much.  How can he treat her so excessively?

But his arms are warm, his kiss is very comfortable, his arms are strong and his eyes are deep and bright.

Meng Gu released her lips and slightly loosen his hold on her.

His face was very close.

Their eyes met and their passions surged forth……..

18