#2: Performing The Ritual
6 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laura past away. Jor was in tears, rushing to hug his wife. After mourning her death, he took Hyunji and headed for the temple. When he reached to the temple, a young monk outside greeted him and guided him in. They went into a large room that has seven seats on the floor, with six monks sitting on them except for one. They were placed around in a circle. The young monk then told, Jor to wait for the master. In about a minute or so, Mr. Kin came in the room. 

Mr. Kin: Ah Mr. Kai, you are here.

Jor: Yes, just as you said.

Mr. Kin: Now...let's start the ritual. Place your son in the middle of the circle. 

Jor placed Hyunji in the middle of the circle.

Mr. Kin: I know you haven't gotten time to spend with your son, but during the ritual, you must stay outside until we're we're.

Jor: I....I guess that's fine then...

Mr. Kin: We will call you when we're done.

Jor leaves the room and waited outside. Mr. Kin approaches Hyunji and places his hands on his head. Mr. Kin closes his eyes for a bit. Then he returns to his seat. Mr. Kin clapped his hands, which the other monks clapped back, then they all closed their eyes and started chanting. While chanting, Hyunji started floating. The seven monks started glowing, and so did Hyunji. Mr. Kin flinched a bit while chanting. 

When they were done, Hyunji floated back to the floor. Mr. Kin called for the young monk, which the young monk came in the room with a small paint brush and a bowl filled with gold dust. When the young monk was about to hand the brush to Mr. Kin, Mr. Kin coughed out blood. This alarmed the monks but he assured them that he was fine. The young monk gave him a cloth to wash it off. Then Mr. Kin took the brush and wetted it with the gold dust. One of the other monks held Hyunji while Mr. Kin used the brush to write down characters around Hyunji's neck.  These characters are meant to protect Hyunji from Emzalu. 

Mr. Kin then does a final chant which causes the characters around Hyunji's neck to began glow for a second. Then Mr.Kin called for Jor. Jor entered the room.

Mr. Kin: The ritual is done now. You may take your son.

Jor: Thank you so much Mr. Kin! Thank you!

Mr. Kin: Your son is safe now...but there are some conditions.

Jor: Like what?

Mr. Kin: While we were performing the ritual, I felt a presence from Emzalu, it seems that she has notice the ritual. This is bad news, which is you need to leave this town, for you and your sons safety. 

Jor: But...I've lived here for so long...I have a business here...

Mr. Kin: I'm sorry Mr. Kai...but it is what you must do. Prepare the funeral for your wife first, then you must leave the town. 

Jor: I understand...

The next day the town prepared for Laura's funeral. They carried her to a mountain with beautiful grass, flowers, and with a beautiful view. When every one left, Jor, holding Hyunji, stood in front of Laura's grave. 

Jor: I...I wished...we had more time together....I wished that I could have done something..to save you.

Jor: I wanted to grow old with you...I wanted you to see Hyunji grow up...(sighs) I love you Laura....I hope I meet you again in the next life...

For the next two days, Jor spent his time giving away some of his animal stock as he won't need them anymore. After that, Jor packed his belongings and was ready to leave. He looked around the house, remembering memories of the past. Then walked out of the house. Jor stored his belongings on the carriage, placed Hyunji on his arms, and rode his way to a new life...

To Be Continue...

0