#3: A New Life
17 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jor and Hyunji headed towards the woods. Jor has a map and knew that this way is the way to the kingdom. They went on with their journey to the kingdom. All they had in their carriage was some food, water, and some belongings. Jor only has a knife and a spear. It'll take an estimated four days until they reach the kingdom, so which they'll waste no time. 

The first day was fine. Jor was ae to gather some fruits and they got pretty far. Jor hoping that they'll reach there no no time. The second day was not so good. There was a rainstorm. The rain grew heavier and heavier. The heavy rain ruined the carriage. Their food got soggy. Jor tried to get the horse to take the carriage to the tree but the carriage hot stuck on the wet mud. Jor got off the carriage, trying to dig out the mud, but the rain was too heavy. Jor used a long cloth to tie Hyunji on his back so he can carry him. He gathered the water took the spear, released the horse, from the carriage and rode on the horse. They had to leave the carriage as the rain got too strong. 

The second day, the rain stopped. They were able to continue their way to the kingdom. The problem was that they left their food, which got Jor and Hyunji hungry. All they had was water. Jor tied the horse to a tree and took Hyunji with him to go hunt. Jor was able to catch some fish from a river near by. Then they heard the horse crying. Jor headed back to check on the horse, but the horse was gone. There were blood and some tiger footprints around the area. 

Jor didn't want to attract the tiger, so he left with Hyunji. Though they went pretty far away, the tiger followed their scent. 

On the third day, while walking through the forest, he heard someone behind them. When he turned his head to take a look, he was able to get a look at the tiger's paw before it hid behind some bushes. He hurried on knowing that it's trying to get them. While running, he spotted a tall tree that he could climb on. He took the chance and climbed on the tree and decided to stay there for the night. Jor didn't get a single sleep that night. Hyunji slept on his chest while he was watching incase the tiger came. In the morning he fell asleep but was awaken by birds chirping. He check around the area again incase the tiger came, but noticed nothing.  

He came down from the tree and went back on getting to the kingdom. A couple hours later, Jor and Hyunji was on a hill which there was a big view. He spotted the kingdom. It seemed not to far away and will probably only take some more hours left until reaching it.  A couple hours later, Jor and Hyunji got hungry. Jor set up a fire to cook the fishes that he caught yesterday. Jor didn't notice but, the tiger was still following them. Jor was about to feed Hyunji was the cooked fish meat but the tiger jumped out of nowhere and ruined the fire. Jor was caught by surprised and dropped Hyunji on accident. Jor grabbed his spear and the tiger jumped on him. Jor yelled as he speared through the tigers heart with the spear. Though he speared through the tiger's heart, the tiger managed to get a deep cut on Jor's neck with it's deadly claws. Jor used all his strength to pushed the tiger off of him. Jor's injury on his neck caused him to lose a lot of blood. His vision was getting blurry. He tried to reach for Hyunji but couldn't. Hyunji was crying. 

Jor: Hyunji....I'm sorry...it seems like this is my fate...(coughs)

Then, Jor heard some men who were riding horses. They were coming for them. One of the men got off his horse and came over to them. 

Stranger: Hey were heard yelling! What happened here! 

Jor: Please....help my...son....Hyunji...

Stranger: Hyunji? (Looks at the baby)

Jor: Please...Take...my...son...leave me...

Stranger: Don't worry, we'll take you both to the kingdom!

Before Jor fell, he remembers Laura for a split second. Jor's vision got even more blurry and he closes his eyes. The stranger had no choice but to take the crying Hyunji and headed back with the men to the village. Hyunji's last sight of his father was him laying there....dead. The men reached the kingdom. The Kingdom of Light. A New Life starts for Hyunji.

To Be Continue...

0