#4: Growing Up
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hyunji was brought to the Kingdom of Light with the men's help. As Hyunji looked at the outside of the Kingdom, it had tall walls build with stone bricks. They looked like they wall as tall as the sky and had some guards, guarding the door to enter. They were the door for the men and Hyunji to enter. When the doors opened, a beam of light hits Hyunji, making him close his eyes as it was too bright. Then he opens his eyes slowly to see a beautiful kingdom. There are buildings of homes everywhere, markets on the streets, people talking to eachother happily, children running around having fun. Hyunji felt...safe here. 

The men then stopped in front of a building. The building looks pretty old and is a two story building. One of the men took Hyunji inside the building. There were other kids in the building too. They looked like the age between 3 to 10 years old. They were playing around with the toys and laughing around. The man with Hyunji went up to a lady and had a talk with her. Hyunji didn't know what they were saying but after the man was done talking to the lady, he handed Hyunji over to her. The man then left the building, leaving Hyunji in the orphanage. 

Hyunji lived in the orphanged for four years. He was now four years old. Though he lived their for four years, was treated poorly by the lady and the children in there. When it was time to eat, Hyunji would get the least amount food, and get the dirty clothing to wear. He was always bullied by the children in the orphanage. Them calling him "Marked Boy" or "Ugly Mark Boy". But the ones who bullies him the most are the two boys named Lucas and Kor. They were also in the orphanage and were a lot older than Hyunji. They would also pick on him, calling him names and making fun of him infront of everyone. 

One day, while they boys were outside, Hyunji was inside the house playing with toys. The two boys were bored so they went inside and dragged Hyunji out of the house. They pushed him around and harassed him. Calling him names and pushing him around. 

Lucas: Hahaha! This is pretty fun right Kor?! Hahaha!

Kor: It is! Hahaha!

Hyunji was crying at this point. He thought the Kingdom was a safe place for him. Maybe it wasn't after all. He looked around to see if anyone will help him but no one did. The people around him didn't didn't turn an eye to look at him. But then Hyunji heard a voice. 

Stranger: Hey! You two boys! Back off of him!

The two boys saw an old lady coming towards them and ran back to the house. 

Old Lady: Hey little boy. Are you alright?

Hyunji:....

Old Lady: Why did they hurt you?

Hyunji:....

Old Lady: Well whats your name?

Hyunji: Hyunji...(he said quietly)

Old Lady Maria: Nice to meet you Hyunji. I'm Old Lady Maria.

Hyunji: Nice..to meet...you too.

Old Lady Maria looked at Hyunji with a big sweet smile. Hyunji looked back at her with an ugly smile. She looked at Hyunji and then back at the orphanage. She knew this isn't a safe place for Hyunji so she took him in and raised him. Old Lady Maria raised Hyunji as her own son. Though she was just a farmer and was not rich, she took care of Hyunji. She could never had any children and her husband left her due to illness. She loved Hyunji with all he heart. She never let Hyunni starve and never let him get a scar on his body. She just loved Hyunji so much. 

Old Lady took care of Hyunji for eight years. She was in 91 years old and Hyunji was now 12 years old. Hyunji now goes to school with other children and has friends. One day, Old Lady Maria went to the market to buy some vegetables for dinner. Her home was quite far from the center of the Kingdom so she had to walk quite far. While walking she felt like someone was following her and tried to get home as fast as she could. She was then cornered on an alley way by some burglars. One of the burglars asked for Old Lady Maria to give all her stuff to them for they'll hurt her.

Burglar: Give us all your stuff right now and we won't hurt you old Lady.

Old Lady Maria: Okay just don't hurt me.

Old Lady Maria noticed that there's a pretty large stick on the ground. As one of the men came to take her stuff, with no choice she quickly grabbed the stick and slammed it onto the man's head causing the man to die that instant. One of the burglars got angry and stabbed her with a knife. At this this, Hyunji was walking home back from school and heard a scream from an alley way. He rushed to where the voice came from. One of burglars saw that Hyunji was coming towards them and warned the others. They then ran off without taking anything. 

Hyunji arrived too late and was shock to see Old Lady Maria on the ground. She has a stab wound on her stomach and was coughing up blood. Hyunji also saw one of the burglars dead body on the ground but didn't care at the moment. He rushed to Old Lady Maria. 

Hyunji: No! What happened to you Old Lady Maria! What happened!

Old Lady Maria: Some burglars...they...stabbed me..(coughs)

Hyunji: No..why...please...don't leave me please (Hyunji cries)

Hyunji: I'll get you to a hospital...please just hold on!

Hyunji carries her to the nearest hospital but on the way she said:

Old Lady Maria: I won't make it sonny....I'm sorry....

Hyunji: No! You'll make it! Just hold on!

Old Lady: My son...I love you...

Old Lady Maria passed away. Tears came out of his eyes while he was running to the hospital. When Hyunji hot her to the hospital, they couldn't help her as she already passed away. 

One week pasted. Hyunji didn't know what to do. He's just sitting on his bed, thinking about what he will do with his life. He doesn't know his parents and he lost Old Lady Maria. She was like a mother to him. Hyunji misses her. Hyunji was filled with rage. He then had an idea. He'll find our out who killed his mother, and get revenge.

To Be Continue...

0