“Cheat”: Potential unrestrained vs Unrejected.(This time really final post, before I post the new link)
168 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First of all, yeah, this time it is 'REALLY' the final post. Yeah... (Sorry for contradicting myself, awkward)

Anyways, I have decided against going for the "Special monster".

Reasons:

Spoiler
  1. While the special transformation monster sounds like an epic idea(seriously), it will force the protag to rape. A lot. Yeah, if this was Japan, it would be a maybe, but this is scribble-hub, and explicitly describing rape isn't their cup of tea, even if the female enjoys it physically or develops a Stockholm Syndrom.
  2. It is too cheat-like and hard to implement. I think that this idea would have worked well if this was, say, a video game where the protagonist in the real-life somehow got stock in a digitalized game world, and he would be a BUG. But, I don't wanna create a digitalized world, so I need to be a tad bit more realistic.
  3. My lack of imagination: Sorry, I am just but one guy, and starting to search up hundreds of monster skills is, well, kind of hard.
[collapse]

 

However, I also noticed that more than half of you wanted to pick it as well, so I decided on a middle ground.

Getting blown up, and turning into a lust-type weak-ass demon lesser-imp. (Yes, it has a ding dong. Hurray. (monotone))

He will now need to climb up and re-evolve into a lesser incubus.

Now, about the so-called "cheats", the thing that makes the mc unique. Or rather, an accidental self-given cheat. I have 3 ideas in total.

  1. Race + class. I trust you know what I am talking about here. That means the mc enjoys the unique perks of both monster and enlightened race, with other monsters illogically not being able to enjoy it. You can also freely walk in the material plane without being rejected. It is a mixture of all three options.
  2. Potential unrestrained: This one is more original. In this scenario, the demons of hell follow a strict hierarchy, where their skill trees are forcefully restrained from birth by higher-up demons on the ladder, with the princes of hell(as you may call them) at the top of the food chain. Our protag, being a self-created demon due to a freak accident, isn't restrained by any power or means, threatening a delicate balance that lasted thousands of years. He is also unrestrained in the material plane, unlike his fellow demons who need special means to stay there.
  3. Unrejected: Due to your soul originally belonging to the material plane, even in your demonic form, the plane does not reject you, and you are left unrestrained to walk among mortals. This gives you a very huge advantage, as demons feed on mortal desires, and you do not need to fear for your life in the dangerous and hellish plane of the demons. Though, do watch out for those crazy zealots of the church and demon cultists who want to destroy or enslave you.

 

Important Notes:

As you can imagine, "race + class" unique only to the mc is generic, cheat, and, rather BORING. Although it is a logical and non-heaven-defying cheat, it is still a cheat. And I trust some of you are tired of that trope. That is why I WON'T do this one.

Now, for "potential unrestrained". In this case, all the humanoid demons have the potential to pick a class of their own like humans but are blocked by the higher-up demons to prevent Regicide. This makes it super hard for them to evolve into the high-born races, forcing most of them to begrudgingly evolve into less powerful and more common races. Demon nobility, on the other hand, possesses the ability to have a class and is barely restrained in their evolutionary pattern, only blocked from certain key evolutions and classes. The more noble a demon is, the more unrestrained he is. Our protag isn't restrained by this or by any power, however, which will cause a series of events that would shake the world, and hell itself.

Finally, for "Unrejected", all demons have unrestrained potential, but because of the competitive nature of hell, and because many of the lesser ones are dumbnuts, few of them manage to rise through the ladder of power. That is why many of them drool over the prospect of entering the material world through contracts and the such, to obtain a safer environment to grow stronger and wiser on an instinctive level. Our protag, however, doesn't need such things, as he already belongs to the plane. Still, he needs to be careful, as a demon on the loose isn't exactly a welcome sight, especially for the "good-aligned" churches.

 

Well, you are free to pick as you want.

The "Cheat" you want.
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
2