The Different Types Of Magicians In The World 2/2
4.3k 8 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Make sure to check my other novels if you want to: Brand New Life Online: A VRMMO Slice of Life Adventure and Reborn As A Ghost: Time To Build My Undead Army! (A LitRPG Monster Evolution Story) Also, if you like my novels feel free to leave a <3 in the chapters you read, alongside a comment, that also helps!

-----

Apparently, I’m not just a run-of-the-mill magician, but a special one named Sorcerer. They’re like the human version of Spirits, but perhaps even better than Spirits in some way. According to mother’s words, Sorcerers can channel mana into their bodies without issues and can conjure all sorts of spells with ease.

Damn. If that’s the case, then I think I might be a fake Sorcerer… after all, I can only do all of this thanks to the glitched system. I feel a bit bad now for all those real Sorcerers who were innately born with the talent… I’m literally a cheater in their group, the black sheep among the Sorcerers.

Ugh… oh well, that’s that. Since I’m not sure others even know how I conjure magic, might as well pretend I am one. I don’t think anyone would ever understand what a System is even if I explain it. Of course, I better carry this secret power to the tomb.

In a way, I guess it could be said that I have a Familiar with godlike powers (the System) from the start, and that’s why I conjure magic like a Sorcerer. But even then, explaining I have endless mana won’t get me anywhere, I doubt anyone will ever believe me. On top of that, I haven’t tested if my endless health is the same as my endless mana. It might not work as properly or as I think it would.

The only way to try it would be to stab myself in the stomach and bleed to death, but not actually bleed to death. But of course, I can’t just go and do that, right? I’ve already gotten wounds sometimes, scratches even. In fact, I got a big one on my ankle when I tripped over a rock while running around the house.

I didn’t seem to regenerate that quickly, although the dragon powers I got by eating the meat and bathing in its blood made me pretty tough. With that said, the bleeding stopped after a few minutes, but the complete healing didn’t happen, with my mother healing such wounds.

It’s still a mystery if my endless health acted there or not, but to find out more about this power, unlike mana, I would need to submit my body to all sorts of torture… like seeing if I would still be alive after cutting my head off or if I’m still fine after cutting off a limb, waiting for several days. To see if this power can also help me regrow limbs, or if I can survive without my internal organs… I would have to do all sorts of experiments that a part of my mind, the wicked one, desires to experiment with, but the other part of my mind, the new one, doesn’t want to done on a little four-year-old girl. But for the most part, we better just not try anything like this for now…

And so, I decided to simply shrug off this thought, focusing my attention on mother once more.

“As I said, you’re a Sorcerer, a powerful magician with innate magical capabilities. It could be said that you’re no different than a Spirit… in fact, even better, as Spirits are stuck with a single element while you have the power to master all elements with your Triple S-Grade Talent and Elemental Innate Magic Circle… Sylphy-chan, you’re incredibly talented,” mother reminded me once more.

“I-Is that so…”

Ugh, mother… I’m so sorry! I’m actually cheating! I’m actually not that talented without the System! Even if it’s glitched, it’s still super amazing for some reason…

Guilt ate at me once more after hearing mother’s words of praise, but this only forged a new resolve inside my heart, the resolve that I must learn magic and spells outside the System, so I can meet my beloved mother’s expectations.

“There are more classes aside from those three, such as the Wizards, who learn magic the hard way over several years, mastering the understanding of magic runes and magic runes, as well as mastering the usage of such magical tools to utilize magic. Wizards are often not innately talented with magic, but they make up for it with a lot of effort. Most Heroes weren’t Wizards since, for a Wizard to be strong, they would have to be old and would have studied magic for very long time,” mother said

“I see… so those are the ones that specialize in the study of magic runes, magic circles, and magic tools?” I asked, trying to simplify it.

“Yes. They’re also the most common type of magicians as well. There are many wizard schools across the world, actually. Perhaps you might attend one if you want to in the future… I remember there’s a very good one back home where I used to work as a teacher,” mother said in response. Also, by home, I’m pretty sure she meant her homeland.

“Ohh…”

“Well, aside from Wizards, there are two other classes which are quite well known for their dark magic arts. Those two classes would be the Necromancers and Warlocks. Necromancers utilize Death Magic and magic tools, alongside alchemy and a great deal of wizardry mixed in to raise undead and manipulate death. They’re not as rare as Sorcerers, but they’re still very rare nevertheless. Then again, I’ve met a few dozen of them throughout my life. They’re so secretive about their ways… then again, most people don’t take to their practices kindly, especially when they rob graves…” she said.

“Rob… they rob graves?” I asked.

“Yeeah… a-anyways, there’s also the Warlocks. Unlike Necromancers, where you need some talent, Warlocks… well, anyone can be a Warlock. Most Wizards who desire more immediate power become Warlocks, actually,” mother continued.

“What do Warlocks do differently from Wizards?” Naturally, I asked another question on the current topic.

“Warlocks interact with Dark Magic and utilize it to summon beings from other planes of existence. These beings are not Gods, necessarily, but simply put… other beings. Sometimes these beings are friendly, and other times, they’re deadly and bloodthirsty. They make pacts with them, but not the same ones you make with a Familiar. If I were to be more specific, it’s more like offering to be a slave of these beings and their vessels in exchange for a minuscule share of their power and knowledge… well, in my opinion, it’s not really that worth it. But then again, things like that are not uncommon,” mother replied.

“Huh… that sounds dangerous. Aren’t they risking their lives?” I asked.

“Indeed. Most of the time, Warlocks die because their own patrons eat their souls,” mother explained.

“Ah… T-That’s certainly not good…” I muttered, feeling a chill creep up my back in response.

-----

161