Chapter 2: The Alchemists and evil (part 2)
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What happened...”

Takeshi slowly started to wake up after falling unconscious in his class. He remembered getting dizzy because he saw reality warping, nobody noticed it and when he tried to talk to them, they paid him no attention, more like they couldn’t see him, as if he was a ghost. Takeshi stood up and looked around, he saw a few desks and a big board on one of the walls. He recognised the place to be his classroom, but nobody was around, the class was empty. Takeshi believed that everyone went home but then again who would leave the class without noticing that he had passed out some time ago and not help him. it was very strange.

“Damn…for how long was I out?”

He asked himself, he checked his pockets to see if anything was missing and fortunately, he still had his wallet and his phone with him, his bag was also on hung on his chair just like how he left it. He checked his phone to see the time, but something was strange, the time was still the same as when he passed out.

“What the hell?”

Takeshi walked towards the window and what he saw shocked him. the world was illuminated by a red moon, it explained for why the room was dark, it was the moon that brightened the classroom a little. Takeshi went on to turn on the lights but to his surprise nothing was working, he started to get very anxious, he felt a chill up his spine because something was not right, he sensed something menacing and it was getting closer and closer. He quickly grabbed his things and left his classroom, he walked carefully, keep his eyes on every angle, the silence brought a lot of suspense. There was no light so He used his phones’ flashlight so he could see through the dark.

Later on, he reached the school compounds outside the building without encountering anything strange but he still had the gut feeling that there evil things lurking around the corners. He turned his gaze to the red moon, it was beautiful, yet it showed danger, the colour reminded him of blood.

Takeshi continued walking a bit faster than before. He left the school grounds and was on the streets going towards his home, once he got there, he would feel much safer.

As he continued his journey back home, from the distance he saw something from the distance, he couldn’t get a clear view, so he took a few steps closer until he finally saw two horrifying figures, they had heads that were skulls, their bodies were covered by black garments, and they had organs such as sharp tentacles that had eyes spread on them. Takeshi stepped back in fear, he started to sweat profusely, he was too scared and shocked to speak.

“What the hell are those things?”

His instincts told him to run but that would cause the figures to notice him but there were blocking his path and there was no other easy shortcut he could take towards his home. Takeshi tried not make any sound, maybe there was a way he could pass them without being noticed, but unfortunately, his luck was very short because his phone made a sound that notified him that he had a message. The creatures heard the sound and turned their sights on him, they then began to approach him, they had found a prey.

“Shit…Fuck!”

He exclaimed and started running away, as the menacing creatures began to chase after him.

“Shit… shit…shit…”

He tried to run as fast his body would let him and he noticed that the creatures were approaching closer, they were much faster than him. Takeshi had no other choice but to scream for help but then again it was a foolish act because it could attract other horrifying creatures maybe even more terrifying than the ones that were after him.

“HELP ME… SOMEBODY PLEASE! HELP ME…”

The creatures were getting closer, and they were almost at arm’s reach.

 

Somewhere Distant from Takeshi’s location, there were three other humans, and they were battling with the evil creatures of this distorted world. They consisted of one middle aged man and two teenagers, one was a male, and the other was a female. The three were working together as a team to fight the creatures that were attempting to devour them. They had used a special power of theirs, a special ability. They could manifest weapons out of thin air which meant probably nothing, they all had a ring that helped them perform such show of strength. They were also fast, their speed was similar to that of a bullet, they had quick reflexes and they were truly professionals in the art of combat, the creatures were no match for them as the three made quick work of them, cutting and slashing them to pieces.

The teenage boy then heard a scream, it was distant, but it sounded someone was in trouble.

“Hey boss…I think I heard someone…maybe someone has been transferred to this hellhole” he said to the middle-aged man, the leader of the team.

“You sure? Damn, that person must be really unfortunate cause these demonic bastards are hungrier than usual, let’s just hope that person survives till we get to him but for now we got our own pile of trouble to deal with” the man replied. The three then continued their battle.

 

On Takeshi’s side the creatures had finally caught up to him. They made attempts to harm him, but Takeshi tried dodging, but this continuous cat and mouse chase was getting him tired and something about the atmosphere of this distorted reality felt heavy to him, he was finding it hard to breath. It was only a matter of time for one of the creatures to finally hit him, making a cut on his chest.

“Damn it!” he exclaimed and winced in pain, he tried distancing himself from them, he was bleeding profusely, drops of blood fell from his chest to the ground. He watched in horror as he was getting closer to his doom.

“No this can’t be it… I can’t die yet…”

The creatures now stood before him, laughing victoriously as they had finally caught their prey. Takeshi kept on speaking on not wanting to die, he wished this was all a dream, but it was nothing but a cold, evil reality. Was this the end?

“I said I WILL NOT DIE… GET AWAY FROM ME”

With a scream of determination to live, something had awakened in him, a new power, a new destiny. His blood that had spilled to the floor rose up and then shaped into many sharp projectiles and they were all aimed at his opponents who had not noticed that the tabled had been turned.

“I said get away from me… fucking DIE!”

With a swift command the sharp blood projectiles rushed their way through the creatures and stabbed them at their vital organs, causing them to scream in pain and move around senselessly, unable to control their bodies. The projectiles were precise and they dealt a large amount of damage and with that, both creatures fell and drifted off to death.

Takeshi watched with astonishment, thinking that he was the one that killed the creatures and saved himself from doom, escaping death.

“What the hell just happened…”

He was losing consciousness again, he felt very tired and the cut on his chest made him feel very dizzy, he was losing a significant amount of blood and in the next second he collapsed on the floor and fainted.

 

In the next moments the strong team of humans were in search for any surviving human, they looked around until they finally stumbled upon Takeshi. The girl had found him and then called her comrades to come investigate the scene. Once the other two arrived, the leader checked on Takeshi studying his body and his wound.

“Very interesting…the cut on his chest is slowly healing but it’s not enough, we’ll take him back to base” said the middle-aged man.

The girl also studied the unconscious Takeshi, she saw his uniform and she recognised that he went to the same school as hers.

“That uniform…” she said

“Hmm yeah…it’s similar to yours but this is for the boys, you know this guy? It seems that he goes to the same school as you right Makoto?” the man said with a teasing tone which made the girl who was known as Makoto blush a bit but she hid it and stayed silent.

 

“Hey boss come look at this” the teenage boy said as he was investigating the corpses of the creatures that were impaled by sharp projectiles of blood.

“Yeah, I’m coming Kurono…” the man went on to check what his student who was named Kurono, pointed out, leaving Takeshi in the care of his other student Makoto.

“Look at these guys, they were impaled by these sharp blades, and it seems they were made from blood…do you think?” Kurono said, having the impression that Takeshi was the one who killed the creatures.

The man studied the corpses and the blades for some time and then he smiled, showing an expression of interest.

“Hmm…I think we found ourselves a Jackpot, he is an Alchemist but he’s a special type…one who can manipulate blood…you two should be ready to welcome a new teammate” he said and then chuckling.

Makoto held Takeshi in her arms and gazed at his battered face, she felt something strange, a feeling of interest maybe or something else.

“Alright we’re done here, let’s go back to base” the man said as he proceeded to carry Takeshi on his shoulders. “Gosh he’s a bit heavy…I might need to work on my muscled haha…”

And with that a portal opened and the four left the distorted world and returned back to the normal reality.

 

Quote

“I am not a saint; I am a sinner like you are but is that what makes us so similar?”

 

 

 

here's some pics of the characters which I took from other series so they can give y'all an idea of how the characters in this story look like. All the characters in this story are basically gonna have similar appearances to the characters I like from other series, anime, videogames etc.

 

 

This is a depiction of the middle aged man which his name will be revealed in the next chapter (The character in the pic is Shinji Hirako from the anime Bleach)

 

 

 

This is a depiction of Makoto (character in pic is Reika from the manga series Gantz)

 

 

Tnis is a depiction of Kurono (character from pic is Kei Kurono from Gantz and yes I know my character has the same name XD)

 

 

 

To be continued...

0