Chapter 28 – Raid (4)
1.8k 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let’s go, that was the only monster around here." D’vina ordered with an ice-cold expression.

The people in the surrounding reacted immediately after hearing D’vina’s voice. Though they were worried about the monster, they knew that if they did not follow her orders, she would leave them behind, or even worse, would kill them herself.

Looking to the group of humans doing their best to hide their panic, D’vina patted Aleen’s shoulder and continued.

“Let’s go, I already communicated our findings to the rest of the team. They will know what to do.”

“Are you not worried?” Aleen asked doubtfully.

“Of course not. Though the mission is harder than I thought, it’s not impossible. Of course, you must be careful; after all, I will be unable to guarantee your safety completely.”

Aleen simply nodded to her words and the group resumed running. D’vina paid attention to her speed, so the group of humans was able to keep up with her despite their tiredness.

“What are we going to do now?”

“We will continue searching for the nest and killing the monsters in the way. If someone else finds it, then we will go to the place where the nest is.”

While they were running, a girl came close to Aleen.

“H-Hey, can you tell me where we are?”

Aleen looked to the girl curiously and noticed that it was the same girl that answered back then when the monster attacked. She was around 18 years old and had short auburn hair. Aleen noticed that her eyes were bright despite the panic in her voice.

The girl was like him in the last game.

"*Sigh*, let me explain you..." Aleen sighed slightly and explained what he could while running. He tried to raise his voice so everybody could hear.

D’vina noticed it, but she did nothing to stop him. Something like this was in her acceptable limit.

When he finished his explanations, the expressions of the majority was contorted in fear. Even the girl that asked had an expression of terror, but immediately, it was replaced for one of determination.

“Tell me, what I have to do if I want to survive?”

Aleen felt admiration towards the girl, but he was reminded of D'vina's words. After all, he could not even guarantee his safety, how can he be a hero then?

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know. I can only advise you to remain near us and try your best to not die. To be honest, even I’m not sure if I can be alive when the day ends.”

An expression of disappointment appeared in the girl’s face. She then tried to ask D’vina, but Aleen stopped her. When she inquired for the reason, he simply shook his head.

Aleen already had an idea of D’vina personality; she was cold and rarely talked with others. She only began to speak a bit more with Aleen after he became his assistant; but even so, their conversations were normally short and direct. With the exception of when she consoled him a moment ago, her expression always remained cold.

“Simply follow us and don’t leave the group. If something happens later, try to survive.”

After saying it, Aleen ignored the girl and increased his pace.

Seeing it, D’vina patted his shoulder slightly. Then, in a slightly warmer tone, she spoke.

“Don’t be sad. You already helped them enough.”

Aleen simply nodded and continued running.

The group continued running for five minutes without encountering an incident and the remaining people began to tire. Fortunately, Aleen’s body had been becoming steadily stronger from advancing to level two and was able to keep the pace without difficulty.

When the group advanced for another minute, D’vina finally stopped. But before they could sigh in relief, she signaled to remain silent.

Then, while looking at the surroundings, she smiled slightly and asked Aleen.

“Hey, boy. Did you read the things that I asked you to buy?”

Aleen made a slightly surprised expression before nodding. D’vina made a thoughtful expression hearing it and asked again.

“How much you learned?”

“I can use my mana better than last time to reinforce my body, I also learned to move mana outside my body, but I cannot reinforce my weapon yet. Besides, I practiced using my skill and tried to learn how to use a sword.”

“The sword? What you practiced?”

Aleen hesitated slightly before answering with a bit of embarrassment.

“… I only learned a bit about stabbing.”

“Stabbing is it…? Mm, that stance is a good match with your skill. Very well, why don’t you show me what you learned?”

“What do you mean?”

D’vina looked towards the surroundings before answering. “I failed to feel them before, but now that I prepared I can feel that there are other two monsters observing us, both are about strong as the one I killed before, probably level two.

"Tell me, what do you think about killing one of them.”

Aleen immediately made a surprised expression.

“B-But I don’t know where they are.”

“That is not a problem, you simply have to wait until they attack and you will know where they are. Don’t worry, I will block the first one, so you only have to concentrate on the second monster.”

Aleen gulped when he heard it, but after a moment, he put a determined expression and nodded.

The reason because Aleen returned to this place was to get the coins for his sister’s illness.

And to get them, he must kill enemies.

Grabbing the hilt of his sword, Aleen unsheathed it and prepared himself.

Seeing it, D’vina nodded slightly and looked to the people around her.

“You better prepare yourself. I will only block a monster, so if the other attacks you, you better make sure of being able to endure until Aleen comes.”

The people in the surroundings quickly held their weapons in fear and looked to the surroundings vigilantly. Before long, the group heard slight noises coming from the plants in the surroundings.

Fear filled their faces and some could not endure and began to cry, D’vina frowned when she saw, but she did not say anything.

At that moment, the first monster attacked.

 

Announcement

As always, leave a comment if you notice a mistake...

Support me on patreon...

26