Chapter 35 – Game or Hell (6)
1.7k 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blinding light filled the place, a great amount of mana was released in the surroundings together with the swing of the sword.

The sharp sword intent assaulted all creatures around. Even Aleen and the other humans felt it, despite the sword intent not being directed towards them; on the other hand, the monsters were killed instantly with the release of the skill.

Their bodies were cut in hundreds of small pieces in a second while their carapaces, gifted with strong defenses, were unable to protect them for even a second.

Even the level four was unable to endure in the slightest. In a moment, it had a frightened expression, and in the next, not even its head could be seen.

When the light finally receded, a gruesome scene of destruction and blood appeared before Aleen.

Pieces of flesh and destroyed organs filled the place, and blood from the monsters splashed from their remains dyeing the ground, trees and people still alive completely in red.

Only D’vina was unblemished, holding her greatsword down like an angel delivering judgment to the sinners.

‘Beautiful…’ Aleen thought while calming down his beating heart, he was unable to decide if the image was beautiful or terrifying.

Aleen suppressed the desire to throw up and looked to the surrounding, observing the bodies of dead monsters and the twenty meters of circumference hole created after D’vina’s attack.

For the first time, Aleen truly saw the destructive power that a level five is able to produce.

Until now, Aleen had found a level five’s strength underwhelming; after all, the document he read about mana said that a level five was equivalent to a tactical weapon and that even a technological advanced army would have trouble stopping one.

But though the fight between level five he saw last game was incredible, it was far from being at the level of a tactical weapon.

Even when D’vina told him that a level five's mana was suppressed inside the game, he continued underestimating their power.

But now, seeing the destruction that D’vina was able to cause with one attack, Aleen finally understood why level five are considered tactical weapons.

‘If she is already so strong with her mana suppressed, how strong is she normally?”

Aleen suppressed the sense of astonishment and looked to the figure of D’vina that was walking towards him while sheathing her greatsword calmly.

“Are you fine?”

“I am, thanks…”

D’vina looked to his wounds and hesitated slightly before extending her hand. Helping him to stand up, D’vina spoke.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.”

 “No no.” Aleen shook his head frantically. “Nobody could have expected that the level four monster would hide between the weaker monsters.”

“You are mistaken.” D’vina said while giving a soft sigh. “One of my skills can be used to feel the surroundings, but I did not use it until now to save mana. Even using it with the minimum output and without any attack power can help me to understand completely the situation twenty meters around me, but because I thought that it was impossible for a monster below level five to ambush me, I decided to not use it and save the mana for the moment I have to face the queen, unexpectedly, it ended almost causing your death.”

Aleen didn’t know what to say hearing D’vina’s words. Certainly, he was a bit upset about D’vina negligence, but thinking about it, D’vina technically did not have any obligation to help him and despite it, she apologized when she could have kept silent about it.

 Making a wry smile he simply waved his hand.

“Don’t worry about it, besides, you ended saving me, don’t you?”

“You are right, but I used around twenty percent of my mana in that attack. I don’t know how strong the queen is, but I will have trouble if the battle becomes a battle of attrition.”

Aleen tilted his head with an expression of doubt. “Can you not recover your mana before facing it? I also wasted all my mana but I feel I can recover it on forty minutes.”

D’vina smiled wryly and shook her head. “Even while suppressed by the game, my mana is hundreds of times greater than you. Recovering even ten percent will take me around eight hours and it’s only because my mana recovery speed is much faster than yours.”

Aleen made an expression of surprise hearing it. If her mana was hundreds of times greater than his, doesn’t it mean that she was at least hundreds of times stronger than him?

D’vina noticed his expression and shook her head slightly. “A level five is much stronger than you think, equivalent to weapons of mass destruction, and enough to change slightly the political situation of a world.”

Aleen nodded silently, then, after a few seconds, he asked.

“… What about level six then?”

“Level six? Tell me, what is the strongest weapon in your world?”

“… Nuclear weapons, I think.”

“Is it so? Well, a level six probably can receive it head-on and continue living after.”

“!!!”

Aleen could not hide his astonishment hearing it. Enduring the explosion of a nuclear weapon head-on? How strong must someone be to do something like that?

“Don’t be so surprised.” D’vina said with an even tone. “Perhaps you have not noticed, but the changes brought by leveling up are more than you think. Your world probably uses projectiles as main weapons right? Well, a level two like you can easily receive a few projectiles head-on without feeling anything beyond a bit of pain.”

“Really?” Aleen asked even more surprised.

“Of course.” D’vina answered. “Otherwise, you wouldn't have ended just with small injuries after being attacked by so many monsters.”

Seeing Aleen uncertain expression, D’vina hit Aleen’s chest slightly while explaining.

“You see, mana is even more incredible than you think. It not only can be manipulated to strengthen your body or to activate skills, but a part of it assimilates with your body automatically every time that your mana or the strength of your body increases. That mana is very difficult to manipulate consciously and it cannot be used to activate skills, but instead, it increases your physical capabilities and creates an invisible force field that automatically protects every cell of your body when you receive an attack. Of course, that force field weakens every time that you receive an attack until disappearing, but with the time, it recovers just like mana.

“That mana is known as vital energy or ki, and is the main element on the path of cultivation. On the other hand, mages did not possess ki. You just advanced to level two, so your mana, body strength and ki are still growing. In around four months, your attributes will reach to its best condition.”

Aleen made an expression of understating. Now that he thought about, he felt his body growing stronger lately, but he thought that it was he imagining it or a result of the operation inside the white room.

Looking to his body, he examined his wounds and noticed that they were healing slowly. Sighing in relief, he asked.

“How are the others?”

D’vina stayed silent for a moment before speaking.

“… Now that you ask, I think that I forget about them.”

“What!?”

 

Announcement
No chapter tomorrow, I'm just too busy...

Rate the story if you like it, it helps me to get more readers...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

20