Chapter 45 – Inside the Nest (3)
1.5k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After saying it, Elvila began to run towards the nest.

“Hey wait!” Aleen shouted, but Elvila ignored him. She cast a ‘Mana Barrier’ on herself and entered the room without explaining anything.

Aleen and Ana could not understand the reason because she was so excited, but they knew that it had to be something good, so after hesitating for a second, the two of them ran after Elvila.

Once inside, Aleen immediately understood the reason.

Inside the room, hundreds of eggs laid unprotected. Aleen saw Elvila using her gun-like weapon to destroy the eggs quickly. A few brooders attacked her, but they were too small to be dangerous. Aleen came to the conclusion that they were newborn, at most a few days old.

Aleen cursed Elvila in his mind for running without explaining anything, but he knew that her intention was to destroy the greatest number of eggs possible to get more points. So he swallowed his words and began to destroy eggs with the sword.

“Hurry up!” He said to Ana. “Destroy all the eggs you can.”

Ana wanted to ask the reason, but she stopped when she saw Aleen and Elvila destroying the eggs and killing the few newborns brooders crazily. She realized that whatever was their reason to do it, it was something good.

So, she followed their lead and began to destroy the eggs. Before long, though, she noticed that because she only could use one arm, her speed of destroying eggs was slower than Aleen and Elvila. Due to it, she thought of an idea.

Quickly, she walked towards a place with a great number of eggs and took a deep breath.

Then, she activated her skill.

*Boom!!!*

A powerful shockwave spread with her as the center. The shockwave destroyed all the eggs five meters around her. Ana put an excited expression and ran towards another group of eggs and tried to do the same, but she noticed that she could not activate her skill.

Aleen and Elvila saw Ana’s actions and made surprised expressions. Elvila thought deeply for a moment and then gestured with her hands. With a thought, five mana barriers appeared around her and were sent against the walls, destroying the eggs in the middle.

Such a method to use her barrier was useless against someone with even a bit of strength to resist, but it was very useful to destroy the eggs.

Elvila smiled excitedly when she saw the results of her skill and continued using it. Immediately, her speed destroying eggs rose drastically.

Aleen, on the other hand, thought about using his skill but decided against it at the end. After all, they were in an unknown place, and he was not sure about when they were going to face danger. He thought that it would be bad if after using his skill, a monster suddenly attacks. If something like that happens, then he will not have a method to protect himself.

Elvila, however, didn’t have such limitations. After all, ‘Mana Barrier’ was her first skill, and she already mastered it at the point of using it at will, with the only limitation being her amount of mana.

While they were destroying the eggs, they heard an enraged screech. The group turned around only to see a level two brooder coming from outside and baring its fangs after seeing their actions.

“Kill it quickly!” Elvila shouted. Aleen did not hesitate and use his skill immediately, moving instantly towards the monster and using his damaged sword to kill it with one attack.

Once the monster was dead, Elvila sighed in relief. Turning towards Aleen and Ana, she warned with a serious expression.

“If the brooders know that we destroyed their eggs, they will disregard everything and come to kill us crazily. So, keep vigilant and attack immediately if you see an enemy. Don't allow it to alert the others”

Aleen and Ana nodded in understating.

Elvila and Ana returned to kill the monsters, but Aleen on the other hand paused and stopped to think. When he used his skill just now, he seemed to understand something about it.

‘So, the reason because I failed back then was that I didn’t use the right method!’

Just now, when he attacked the monster, he was able to stop the skill after the monster was killed, without running the fifty meters the skill lasted. Aleen then noticed that the most important point to control the skill 'Lightning Rush' wasn't the movement of his body, but the rune inside his mind.

Aleen thought deeply about it and seemed to understand something, but the answer continued eluding his mind. When he noticed that he could not arrive at the answer, he sighed and continued destroying the eggs. After all, they were free points, and points were the thing Aleen needed the most currently.

Just like that, the group continued destroying the eggs inside the room. Another two brooders appeared while they were destroying the eggs, but Aleen was able to kill them before they could warn the other brooders.

Finally, all the eggs inside the room were destroyed. Once they finished, Aleen walked towards the object that was emitting the dim light. It was a rock the size of a ball of soccer. It was emitting a warm orange light. Aleen thought that it seemed valuable and asked to Elvila about it.

“It’s a mana stone.” She said after giving a glance to the rock. “It emits mana to the surroundings and is very useful as a source of energy. People also use it to increase the rate of training the body and mana, though it’s not very useful to us.”

“What do you mean?” Aleen asked.

“Only mages and cultivators need to train their mana and bodies. Enlightened, on the other hand, get a boost in their mana and body strength every time they comprehend a new skill. Of course, it takes time for our bodies to reach their greatest potential, but you can buy enhancements inside the game to accelerate this process, so this mana stone is at most useful to help us to relax.”

“So, we don’t have to train our mana?” Aleen asked curiously.

“You truly don’t know anything huh.” Elvila giggled slightly. “You can train your mana if you want, but it’s better if you concentrate on understanding your skill instead. Your mana and body will become stronger if you level up.”

Aleen agreed with a nod but still took the stone with him after hesitating for a moment. His sister, Claire, had taken a liking to train her mana, and different from him, she didn’t have skills; so Aleen thought that it would make a great present.

Elvila shook her head seeing Aleen pocket the stone but did not say anything. Taking a look around, she spoke.

“It’s better if we leave this place quickly. Sooner or later, a brooder will come here and notice that we destroyed the eggs, and believe me when I tell you that you will not want to be near this place when that happens. Fortunately, most of the monsters left the nest to fight outside, so this place is mostly empty now.”

Aleen and Ana agreed to her words and hurriedly searched for the exit to the room.

When they left the place, they continued following Elvila’s artifact to find the entrance of the nest; but at that moment, something happened.

I'm finally freeeeee!!! (lies)

I finished with the project I've been working lately, so with a bit of luck, I will have more time to write in the next few days (I doubt it)...

Last chapter today...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

18