Chapter 46 – Deadly Queen (1)
1.5k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the surface, a tough battle was being fought.

After the second queen appeared, it immediately utilized two powerful skills; one to stun its enemies and another to destroy the ground below them.

D’vina and the others level five were able to avoid the attack without much difficulty, but it was different for the ones accompanying them.

“Careful!” D’vina shouted panicked towards Aleen, but he had been stunned by the queen’s cry and was unable to avoid the crumbling ground. So he, together with the other low level individuals, fell towards the deeps of the nest.

D’vina immediately rushed towards the gigantic crack on the ground, but an attack from the queen forced her to move to a side. Because of it, when she finally reached to the crack, the rocks in the surroundings had fallen and sealed the entrance already.

“Tsk!” D’vina clicked her tongue worried about Aleen’s wellbeing. Though she didn’t know the boy for long, she considered him her responsibility. She thought that it was her duty to do her best to keep him safe.

It was the unspoken rule between guides and assistants. Assistants help the guides with their skills and the guides try to protect them and give them guidance through the games.

Of course, not every guide followed such rules, but D’vina did. Though she didn’t care about the lives of the pawns summoned to ‘Dimensional Paradise’, she could not allow herself to see her assistant die without she doing something.

Perhaps, such thoughts weren’t more than her remaining stubbornness towards fairness and justice.

D’vina shook her head and concentrated in the battle against the level five. She knew that she could not help Aleen now, so her best option was to kill the level five queen as soon as possible and search for him after that.

Looking at her surroundings, she noticed that the second queen’s skill caused more destruction than she thought. All the trees one hundred meters around the nest had been destroyed and the ground seemed like a place where a bomb exploded. D’vina thought that she would not be able to defend against such attack if it hits her directly.

Around her, the other level five supers also appeared. Every one of them wearing ugly expressions. After all, the queen’s skills took down all the people they brought with them; and though none of the people that fell inside the nest was particularly powerful, the fact that it was able to do it so easily was a testament of its strength.

Them, on the other hand, weren’t on their top condition to face the monster.

“… Can we retreat temporally?” Cir asked while adjusting his breathing mask.

Caira shook her head. “Impossible. Even if we retreat, the monster will not stop its pursuit. We can try separating, but one of us will probably end dying, making the situation even worse than now. Our best bet is to use our remaining strength to kill it.”

D’vina nodded gravely and held her sword. “Our reserves of mana are low, so it’s better if we kill it quickly.”

The others also nodded.

At that moment, the queen roared again. The four level five immediately circulated their mana to negate the effects of the skill contained in the cry. D’vina suspected that it was something like ‘Battle Cry’, and its effect was to stun the enemy briefly.

Fortunately, the skill was not very effective against another level five, but they were unable to negate their effects instantly. Though they recovered from the stun in an instant, the monster only needed a fraction of second to carry out its attack.

With a swift jump, the queen moved quickly towards Caira.

The monster used its scythe-like claw to slice towards the human mage. Caira was unable to react properly towards the attack, but fortunately, one of her spells activated automatically at that moment.

Caira’s second spell, ‘Heat Shield’.

A transparent barrier of super-compressed heat stopped the claw and burned the monster flesh slightly.

*SCREECH!!!*

The monster cried in pain, but it increased the strength behind its attack despite it. Caira’s shield was unable to endure the attack, but the time it bought her was enough. While the first shield was destroyed, Caira deployed a second shield around her and detonated a fireball between her and the monster.

*BOOM!!!*

The shockwaves of the explosion injured slightly the monster, but more important, pushed Caira away from the queen, helping her to avoid its follow-up attack. Sighing in relief, she prepared another spell and attacked the monster while the rest of the team came to support her.

The main weakness of mages was that they were unable to create vital energy or ki like enlightened or cultivators. Due to it, their bodies normally were at most a bit stronger than normal humans, but far from the level of others supers at the same level, making them very easy to kill when unprotected.

Because of it, mages received the nickname of ‘Glass Cannons’.

The mages, of course, knew of this weakness, so after many years, they designed a countermeasure.

It came in the form of passive defensive spells.

Every mage engraved a defensive spell when they advanced to level two or level three. This spell was designed to activate automatically every time the mage is attacked and is able to endure a certain amount of damage. Once it’s destroyed, however, the mage must wait for a while before its passive characteristic can be used again.

Of course, the mage also can cast the spell manually if it’s necessary.

The queen brooder was enraged when Caira escaped its attack, but it was unable to continue attacking due to the other three’s attacks. Plasma bullets were shot from Cir’s gun and D’vina’s sword attacked from the side. Wulf, on the other hand, made use of his powerful claws to try to crush the monster tail.

Unfortunately, the queen was stronger than they expected. A dim black light surged around it, protecting the level five monster from their attacks and helping it to avoid grave injuries.

We are already close to the end of this arc (Around ten chapters more)...

Remember to rate the story if you like it (The rating fell a bit so I would like if you give a good rating)...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

 

24