Chapter 50 – Between Hope and Despair (2)
1.5k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Tuesday's chapter... Another one after it...

The eyes of the brooders surrounding them were blood red due to the rage. Aleen could felt the killing intent coming from the group of monsters; It felt as if his skin was being punctured by thousands of needles at the same time.

Around him, Aleen could see the monsters walking slowly, searching for an opening to attack them. Aleen smartly chose a corner to resist the monsters, limiting the directions of their attacks to the front. Unfortunately, it had the disadvantage of allowing the monsters coming from above to attack them.

Elvila said that she could put a barrier above them to stop the attacks coming from the walls, but it only improved their situation a bit. Before long, Elvila’s mana would be used up and the situation would worsen.

Aleen decided to take the front. After all, despite not being the one with the highest level, he was the one with the greatest attack power of the group. Fortunately, Elvila’s barriers could protect him from the monsters’ attacks, so he only had to concentrate on attacking.

Taking a deep breath, he did not hesitate to activate his aspect. Lightning-attributed mana coursed through his veins, boosting his strength and speed greatly.

Unfortunately, Aleen could not use his skill freely. The cooldown of the skill was too long to be useful in a fight of attrition like this, so Aleen saved it to use as a trump card when needed.

The monsters around him growled threateningly while more monsters entered the room from the caves in the surroundings. Aleen did his best to not let the number of monsters affect his concentration. He knew that if he wanted to have a possibility of surviving, he had to give his everything in the next fight.

At that moment, the first monster decided to attack.

With a powerful jump, a level two brooder jumped towards the group of three pointing its claws forward. It opened its mouth and let a wrathful screech while imagining the scene of Aleen’s body cut into pieces.

Aleen did not hesitate when the monster attacked. With a grunt, he took a step forward and thrust his sword towards the monster's mouth. Aleen did not even bother avoiding the attack, concentrating simply in killing the monster as fast as possible and thrusting that Elvila’s barrier will block the attack.

And she did not betray his expectations.

A transparent barrier stopped the monster’s limbs two centimeters before Aleen's face. On the other hand, Aleen’s sword continued unimpeded towards the monster’s head. The level two brooder tried to avoid the sword desperately when it saw its attack falling, but unfortunately, its speed was far slower than Aleen whose main strength was speed.

With a disgusting noise, the sword went through the monster’s mouth until the back of its head. Aleen then waved his sword slightly, cutting the head of the monster and leaving the body fall to the ground.

Unfortunately, it was just the beginning.

********SCREEEECHHHH!!!!*********

Taking the death of their brother as a signal, the remaining brooders cried in fury and rushed towards the group fearlessly.

In an instant, tens of monsters jumped to attack them.

Thanks to the place where the group ubicated, no more than three monsters were able to attack them to the same time, but it only made things a bit easier. Without stopping, monster after monster waved their limbs and attacked with their claws trying to tear the three of them apart.

Aleen concentrated on killing the monsters attacking them. Ignoring completely his defense and thrusting that Elvila will protect him from the monsters’ attacks, Aleen simply thrust, slashed and sliced with his sword while making sure to not leave any monster pass.

The monsters, however, were not intimidated by his attacks. They continued attacking in a frenzy, stepping in the bodies of their dead brothers and using them to reach until their enemies. Little by little, Aleen began to feel overwhelmed by the attacks.

At that moment, Elvila began to attack.

Using her gun-like weapon, she shot mana bullets towards the monsters attacking Aleen. Their shots were not lethal, but they were effective.

For a moment, Aleen could not help but admire the precision and skill of Elvila’s shots.

Every bullet hit an enemy, and every bullet accomplished its purpose. Despite being unable to kill the monsters with her weapon, Elvila made use of the power behind the attack to destroy the rhythm and balance of the monsters she attacked.

With each shot, a monster would lose its balance and run into one of its companions, reducing like that the pressure that Aleen was enduring.

Sighing in relief, Aleen made use of Elvila’s shots to kill another two level two monsters.

But when Aleen was going to kill the third monster, a claw stopped his sword.

With an expression of astonishment, Aleen looked towards his sword only to see another monster, this time a level three, stopping his attack with a claw.

Another chapter in five minutes...

20